• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greatest Decade for Music

Disco aside, I would probably give it to the 70s.

The '60's. (Nod to the innovative '40's and swing). Still had the crooners and jazz singers. Brubeck et al. Motown. American rock and the British Invasion. The Beach Boys and bubblegum. Glenn Gould et al.

I know you want a decade but the best I can do is '64 to '74, the British invasion. From the Beatles and the Stones and Claptan to Stairway to Heaven. From when I was 10-YO to 20-YO.

I know you want a decade but the best I can do is '64 to '74, the British invasion. From the Beatles and the Stones and Claptan to Stairway to Heaven. From whe I was 10-YO to 20-YO.

yeah, i can pretty much second this. for a chunk of time, absolute classics were dropping regularly. i was born in '74, so i missed most of it, but i can say that for my entire life, most of what i listen to comes from that period.

85 to 95, probably one of the most creative times for music.

1720s.

And the 1950s weren't too shabby if you like jazz.

yeah, i can pretty much second this. for a chunk of time, absolute classics were dropping regularly. i was born in '74, so i missed most of it, but i can say that for my entire life, most of what i listen to comes from that period.
Music and sports, without the gossip commentators, can bridge all political divides. We are blessed by the Creator as addressed in our Constitution.

I think probably the 60s and 70s had some of the best music IMO. The bands from back then were just better.

What decade had the greatest music artists??

'60s for obvious reasons, followed by 2006+ because nu-metal was dying and more people were looking to the internet instead of corporate radio for their music. Also, '90s alternative hold a special place in my heart.

Back
Top Bottom