• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Great song or what?

What do you think of this (awesome) song?

• Total voters
Not a good song. Right wingers make good bullfighters and deathsquad leaders, but they do not, almost without exception,
If the above is your point, then your next statement, below...
make good musicians or artists. The left has Bob Dylan and Woodie Guthrie. The right has Ted Nugent.
...only serves to counter it.

But of course, the tea party is gimped by (and in fact is a reactionary, destructive force because of) the fact that they incorrectly assume that the redistribution of wealth has been to Blacks and immigrants from working whites, when in fact the redistribution of wealth has been from working people of all colors to the elite rich.
Yes -- that's -exactly- what the government does -- moves wealth from each accoring to his needs to each according to his means.

Thus racism is the fundamental pillar on which the tea party-ites stand.
This is unsupportable partisan bigotry.

Last edited:
In fact, even I am now able to see the light of theft. Stealing from those who earn to give to those who are lazy is the most intelligent idea since, well, the bailouts, the war in Iraq, cash for clunkers, Social Security and Medicare, Cap n' Trade and universal health care.
You illustrate my point about the beliefs of the tea partiers pretty well. You believe that the destructive redistribution of wealth is from working people to lazy, non-workers. What you don't explicitly state, but what has been the basis of this rhetoric since it emerged as part of the Southern Strategy (as a racist reactionary response to the gains of the civil rights movement) is that those lazy, non-working people who are collecting all the welfare and not working are black or brown in hue.
You may not personally believe that, but the people who authored your rhetoric over 40 years understood that racism was necessary to divide the working class, and the racist element of it is the only reason that this rhetoric (which flies in the face of the reality that the redistribution of wealth is from working people (of all colors) to the elite rich (which incidentally is all but exclusively white in this country) has survived to this day.

You illustrate my point about the beliefs of the tea partiers pretty well. You believe that the destructive redistribution of wealth is from working people to lazy, non-workers. What you don't explicitly state, but what has been the basis of this rhetoric since it emerged as part of the Southern Strategy (as a racist reactionary response to the gains of the civil rights movement) is that those lazy, non-working people who are collecting all the welfare and not working are black or brown in hue.
You may not personally believe that, but the people who authored your rhetoric over 40 years understood that racism was necessary to divide the working class, and the racist element of it is the only reason that this rhetoric (which flies in the face of the reality that the redistribution of wealth is from working people (of all colors) to the elite rich (which incidentally is all but exclusively white in this country) has survived to this day.

I have beliefs too. They're probably even better than yours because I got them from Glenn Beck. He's actually the head of a University which means that he TRULY knows stuff. It's alright that your beliefs aren't as good as mine though. Not everyone has the privlege of higher intelligence. It's really too bad that redistribution of intelligence doesn't exist. I actually plan on inventing a machine that can suck the brains out of a smart person and give them to a dumb person. In this way I plan on being able to restore the balance of the universe. I'll be able to take intelligence from undeserving, overly smart know-it-alls (such as myself) and transfer it to needy individuals (such as yourself). Don't worry, my procedure will be painless. Although the sudden understanding of the meaning of life may hit you like a wall causing severe emotional pain, this isn't your fault. Some people just weren't meant for higher intelligence.

Last edited:
Not a good song. Right wingers make good bullfighters and deathsquad leaders, but they do not, almost without exception, make good musicians or artists. The left has Bob Dylan and Woodie Guthrie. The right has Ted Nugent.

There is a bit of (albeit pathetically backwards) class consciousness in her lyrics, as there is in the rhetoric of the tea party itself. As far as the tea party believes that government isn't responsive to the needs of the common people because they are acting in the interest of an elite at their expense, they are correct.

But of course, the tea party is gimped by (and in fact is a reactionary, destructive force because of) the fact that they incorrectly assume that the redistribution of wealth has been to Blacks and immigrants from working whites, when in fact the redistribution of wealth has been from working people of all colors to the elite rich. Thus racism is the fundamental pillar on which the tea party-ites stand. Am I getting a bit off topic? No. Because racists can't do music well. Never could.

I find it humerous that you're the one that played the race card. :lol: I wonder why the left always has to throw out the race card when everyone else is trying to let racism die?

I find it humerous that you're the one that played the race card. :lol: I wonder why the left always has to throw out the race card when everyone else is trying to let racism die?

And as if on cue, the other fundamental part of that historical southern strategy rhetoric emerges: call those speaking against racism racist and pretend that racism would just die out if people would only be so good as to stop fighting it.

Not a good song. Right wingers make good bullfighters and deathsquad leaders, but they do not, almost without exception, make good musicians or artists. The left has Bob Dylan and Woodie Guthrie. The right has Ted Nugent.

Hold on a second here. The line "I make the ***** purr with the smoke on my hand" is far better than anything that douche Bob Dylan has written. :2razz:

Hold on a second here. The line "I make the ***** purr with the smoke on my hand" is far better than anything that douche Bob Dylan has written. :2razz:

Quoted for truth.

Song sucks. Singer is hot. Sympathize with the lyrics. Entirely expected opinion to fall along bitterly partisan lines; results were unsurprising.

:rofl It's true, that's a bit of genius right there!

Is this a cigar reference?

I concur with Noodles' concise summary.

Last edited:
That song sucks. It's boring and trying to be all pop while having political lyrics and such. Anti-government music was perfected in this 80's and 90's with bands like Pennywise or Rage Against the Machine. This "I am America" is like ****ing Justin Timberlake trying to cover Down Rodeo.

lol... rage against the machine........ more like "rage against my parents".... their lyrics are a bunch of 14 year old stoner rants... very childish.

lol... rage against the machine........ more like "rage against my parents".... their lyrics are a bunch of 14 year old stoner rants... very childish.

I like this better...than RatM or that sub-Pat Benatar rightie...

It's, "I make the ***** purr with the stroke of my hand." :rofl

Back
Top Bottom