• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Great song or what?

What do you think of this (awesome) song?

• Total voters
NOt bad

I'm more of a Clash Fan myself but she's a might better looking than Mick Jones

NOt bad

I'm more of a Clash Fan myself but she's a might better looking than Mick Jones

Haha, not my typical genre, but it's the first song I've bought in ages. The ideas expressed in this song are perfect! It's well-written and powerful.

Not a good song. Right wingers make good bullfighters and deathsquad leaders, but they do not, almost without exception, make good musicians or artists. The left has Bob Dylan and Woodie Guthrie. The right has Ted Nugent.

There is a bit of (albeit pathetically backwards) class consciousness in her lyrics, as there is in the rhetoric of the tea party itself. As far as the tea party believes that government isn't responsive to the needs of the common people because they are acting in the interest of an elite at their expense, they are correct.

But of course, the tea party is gimped by (and in fact is a reactionary, destructive force because of) the fact that they incorrectly assume that the redistribution of wealth has been to Blacks and immigrants from working whites, when in fact the redistribution of wealth has been from working people of all colors to the elite rich. Thus racism is the fundamental pillar on which the tea party-ites stand. Am I getting a bit off topic? No. Because racists can't do music well. Never could.

But of course, the tea party is gimped by (and in fact is a reactionary, destructive force because of) the fact that they incorrectly assume that the redistribution of wealth has been to Blacks and immigrants from working whites, when in fact the redistribution of wealth has been from working people of all colors to the elite rich. Thus racism is the fundamental pillar on which the tea party-ites stand. Am I getting a bit off topic? No. Because racists can't do music well. Never could.
I am not a Tea Party member myself, but that is a terribly ignorant response. Racism is NOT the fundamental pillar at all. The movement stands for smaller government and less redistribution of wealth on ALL levels. I have never seen any tea party member say or express the reasoning you used. You built a strawman argument likely imprinted on you due to the media's constant perpetual desire to label anything non-liberal as racist to discredit it before the public can even try to digest it.

I am not a Tea Party member myself, but that is a terribly ignorant response. Racism is NOT the fundamental pillar at all. The movement stands for smaller government and less redistribution of wealth on ALL levels. I have never seen any tea party member say or express the reasoning you used. You built a strawman argument likely imprinted on you due to the media's constant perpetual desire to label anything non-liberal as racist to discredit it before the public can even try to digest it.
First, a given movement has to be analyzed in terms of the interests it represents, not merely what it's official webites say. Second, if you haven't heard the tea-partiers express the belief that immigrants and minorities getting handouts is the basis of America's decline then you haven't talked to them for more than 20 seconds. Racism is THE defining, fundamental characteristic of the tea party. Without racism, their resentment of the ruling elite would be manifested in a positive manner such as working class organization. Unfortunately they have a warped, backwards, retarded view of the elite, thinking it has something to do with dark skin. Thus the tea party.

The beat/music are nice enough. The lyrics seem like a bunch of pretty words strung together to elicit some kind of patriotic response or something. They sound rather shallow, even empty at times to me. But then again, they might not resonate with me in the intended way, I'm not exactly her target audience. :lol:

its crap, its a pop song that tries to inspire patriotic fervour, you could change the lyrics to "i am woman" or "i like polar bear poop" and it would still resonate with people who are insecure in their beliefs of liking polar bear poop, though she's not too bad looking.

The lyrics are pretty typical conservative messages, and I can't say much for her actual singing, since she's clearly been heavily auto-tuned. Overall, I'd say it's mediocre at best.

I'm glad to see that patriotic conservative lyrics can exist outside of Country Western.

Last edited:
I thought standing in front of a fan that blows your hair went out with Aerosmith in 1974. I can't listen at work. BBL.
OK, I listened anyway:

Electronica (Casio keyboard stuff) doesn't really move me.

The song is catchy, has a beat, and is pleasant to listen to. I Googled the Lyrics, they seem to be well written, except for playing the role of the underdog to the hilt.

Better than Toby Keith. It's dance-able, I give it a 7.

I gave her the genius vote. Back in the day, war protest songs were a chief money maker for many artists. I kind of miss that with today's wars.

Last edited:
I like her voice and the music isn't total suck, but I'm not a big fan of nationalistic bull**** in my lyrics, kthx.

TED,
Thinks you can rabble-rouse without being all AMERICA **** YEAH!

Last edited:
Not a good song. Right wingers make good bullfighters and deathsquad leaders, but they do not, almost without exception, make good musicians or artists. The left has Bob Dylan and Woodie Guthrie. The right has Ted Nugent.

You sir, are a GOD among men with regards to intellectual acuity. Your attention to the subtle nuances of the Tea Party is enlightening. In fact, even I am now able to see the light of theft. Stealing from those who earn to give to those who are lazy is the most intelligent idea since, well, the bailouts, the war in Iraq, cash for clunkers, Social Security and Medicare, Cap n' Trade and universal health care.

I never realised the true intentions of the Tea Party. There should be a law against the type of deception going on in the Tea Party. How are sheeple like myself to tell that I am part of a racist group if they don't at least tell me. I mean hell, as a group, they never even acted racist! How is a poor sop like myself supposed to know?!

I like the lyrics, but wait. I thought Toby Keith was America? I get a kick out of rightwing politicians on TV when they say "What America wants...." Last I checked, what America wanted wasn't them. The election results clearly pointed that out but I digress.

I did not hear any words in her lyrics that suggested pro-right or pro-left. My intrepretation was pretty much that she was singing that they ALL pretty much suck. Both right AND left. THAT, I can agree with.

As far as the music of the song goes, not much quality there. It sounded all electronic and pretty much mirrored in song structure, beat, and melody to this right here ---->

Last edited:
You sir, are a GOD among men with regards to intellectual acuity. Your attention to the subtle nuances of the Tea Party is enlightening. In fact, even I am now able to see the light of theft. Stealing from those who earn to give to those who are lazy is the most intelligent idea since, well, the bailouts, the war in Iraq, cash for clunkers, Social Security and Medicare, Cap n' Trade and universal health care.

I never realised the true intentions of the Tea Party. There should be a law against the type of deception going on in the Tea Party. How are sheeple like myself to tell that I am part of a racist group if they don't at least tell me. I mean hell, as a group, they never even acted racist! How is a poor sop like myself supposed to know?!

It is unfortunate that your sarcasm is as refined, and as socially relevant, as the song. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that patriotic conservative lyrics can exist outside of Country Western.

You oughta meet MY rock band. Those guys are totally Obama hatin' anti-leftist's. :mrgreen:

How great is this song?!?!
YouTube - "I am America" - Krista Branch

Vote and discuss!

That song sucks. It's boring and trying to be all pop while having political lyrics and such. Anti-government music was perfected in this 80's and 90's with bands like Pennywise or Rage Against the Machine. This "I am America" is like ****ing Justin Timberlake trying to cover Down Rodeo.

That song sucks. It's boring and trying to be all pop while having political lyrics and such. Anti-government music was perfected in this 80's and 90's with bands like Pennywise or Rage Against the Machine. This "I am America" is like ****ing Justin Timberlake trying to cover Down Rodeo.

Don't hold back, how do you REALLY feel? :)

Don't hold back, how do you REALLY feel? :)

You asked, you got what you asked for. The song is crappy pop **** that's thrown out on us by the music industry and made only to capitalize on some political friction. It's vapid, empty, and lacking any creativity.

This is how it's done

You asked, you got what you asked for. The song is crappy pop **** that's thrown out on us by the music industry and made only to capitalize on some political friction. It's vapid, empty, and lacking any creativity.

This is how it's done

Did you notice how I didn't attack you? You don't have to justify your opinion any more. I was just teasing you for how strongly you expressed your opinion.

Regardless of the songs intention, I still like the lyrics.

Did you notice how I didn't attack you? You don't have to justify your opinion any more. I was just teasing you for how strongly you expressed your opinion.

Regardless of the songs intention, I still like the lyrics.

I didn't attack you either. I was just saying the song's a piece of ****. Like most crap that comes out of the music industry these days. We used to do it well, we had genre's of music dedicated to yelling about government and political affairs. Now all we can get is some produced, staged, empty pop type crap that has no emotion and no soul.

Here's another good example on how it's done.

I didn't attack you either. I was just saying the song's a piece of ****. Like most crap that comes out of the music industry these days. We used to do it well, we had genre's of music dedicated to yelling about government and political affairs. Now all we can get is some produced, staged, empty pop type crap that has no emotion and no soul.

Here's another good example on how it's done.

Oh I know you didn't attack me. I just thought you were being defensive.

I have to say I've never been a fan of the genre of Rage. They're very skilled, don't get me wrong, just too much screaming. It's just not something you can whistle or sing along with, ya know?

Back
Top Bottom