• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Great Fishing Stories

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I 'll give two-
First, I was casting with a small perch or whatever it was when I was a kid and on the second cast as I rocketed the fish through the air a pelican came out of nowhere and swallowed it. My dad grabbed the rod and reel and in a flash cut the line and the bird just flew away.

Second, we went out on a charter off the coast of Florida and the captain had a little mutt dog up on his level with him. This little mutt would watch the baits as we trolled with the sun reflecting of them and he could see the approaching fish again because of the sun reflecting of them and he alerted us we were about to get a strike by barking. That was many decades ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. It was also the first time I saw a Marlin caught by one of the men on board. What a great spectacle it was especially for a young kid.

Fishing license issues...

A man was stopped by a game-warden in Northern Algonquin Park recently with two buckets of fish leaving a lake well known for its fishing. The game warden asked the man, "Do you have a license to catch those fish?" The man replied to the game warden, "No, sir. These are my pet fish." "Pet fish?!" the warden replied. "Yes, sir. Every night I take these here fish down to the lake and let them swim around for a while. I whistle and they jump back into their buckets, and I take em home." "That's a bunch of hooey! Fish can't do that!" The man looked at the game warden for a moment, and then said, "Here, I'll show you. It really works." "O.K. I've GOT to see this!" The game warden was curious. The man poured the fish in to the river and stood and waited. After several minutes, the game warden turned to the man and said, "Well?" "Well, what?" the man responded. "When are you going to call them back?" the game warden prompted. "Call who back?" the man asked. "The FISH." replied the warden. "What fish?" the man asked with a grin.

A few young guys were fishing at their special pond off the beaten track when out of the bushes jumped the game warden! Immediately, one of the boys threw his rod down and started running through the woods and hot on his heels came the game warden. After about a half mile, the guy stopped and stooped over with his hands on his thighs to catch his breath and the game warden finally caught up to him. "Let's see yer fishin license, boy!" the warden gasped. With that, the guy pulled out his wallet and gave the game warden a valid fishing license. "Well, son," said the Game Warden. "You must be about as dumb as a box of rocks! You don't have to run from me if you have a valid license!" "Yes sir," replied the young feller. "But those other guys back there, well, they didn't have one."

Back
Top Bottom