• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Great Examples of the Bible's Historical Accuracy...

lol...no one has ever claimed London did not exist nor was it only mentioned by Sherlock...
Troy was considered a legend until Heinrich Schliemann found it. The discovery of Troy does not mean the Zeus is real

Uhhhh… Egyptians records of the Battle of Kadesh?

Which particular record would that be?
Cite me the link.

Lol - Seti was the Pharaoh during Moses' timeline!

Exodus 1:8-22

According to the recent discoveries of some historians and Bible scholars, the passage of Exodus 1:8-22 “Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph” was originally associated with Aahmes I or Amosis
but new research suggests that the passage rightfully refers to Seti I.

Exodus 2:1-10

When Moses was born, his mother decided to nurture him for three straight months.
Eventually the time came when she could no longer hide him from the mandate of the current Pharaoh Seti I to kill all male babies in Egypt. Moses’ mother was forced to place him in a basket among the reeds along the Nile River.
The pharaohs’ daughter discovered the basket and let her slave take care of him. When the child Moses grew older, the slave brought the child back to the pharaohs’ daughter and from then on she considered Moses her son.

Uhhhh… Egyptians records of the Battle of Kadesh?

Ancient civilizations most definitely knew the Hittites existed before the Bible ever mentioned them.

A reference to a Hittite appeared in Genesis 23 - during the time of Abraham!

In that chapter Ephron the Hittite sells Abraham the patriarchal burial ground of Machpelah at Hebron. Ephron lived with his kinsmen, the “children of Heth.”
The Bible frequently refers to the Hittites by this appellation, a reference to their eponymous ancestor, the second son of Canaan (Genesis 10:15).

Ephron offered to give the cave and field of Machpelah to Abraham, but Abraham wanted to make sure he held good title, so he insisted on paying for it. Ephron the Hittite then charged him full price—and more—400 shekel-weights of silver.

You do know the Old Testament dates back much farther from the time it was written?
It was passed orally before that.

Last edited:
A reference to a Hittite appeared in Genesis 23 - during the time of Abraham!

In that chapter Ephron the Hittite sells Abraham the patriarchal burial ground of Machpelah at Hebron. Ephron lived with his kinsmen, the “children of Heth.”
The Bible frequently refers to the Hittites by this appellation, a reference to their eponymous ancestor, the second son of Canaan (Genesis 10:15).

Ephron offered to give the cave and field of Machpelah to Abraham, but Abraham wanted to make sure he held good title, so he insisted on paying for it. Ephron the Hittite then charged him full price—and more—400 shekel-weights of silver.

You do know the Old Testament dates back much farther from the time it was written?
It was passed orally before that.

Which means we have no idea what the original versions of the Old Testament said and what was changed/added later.

Are you suggesting because some peeps, when writing the Bible, incorporated factual settings and factual occurrences is evidence showing their claims about God are equally factual?
No, I am saying that for the longest time some skeptics claimed because the Bible recorded fictional events, referred to fictional people/places, therefore the Bible was fiction...time and new discoveries have proven those skeptics wrong...

You have any academic sources, or solely Christian apologist sites?
The fun thing that some of them say 'hstorican say this didn't exist'.. but, does not show a source that showed historians said that.

That makes those apologist sites lying.

Which means we have no idea what the original versions of the Old Testament said and what was changed/added later.
The OT is pretty original, but you should try that with Srimad Bhagavatam that's been handed down for 270.000 years.

Who knows what the priests put in there to control the people and they come off and say, "God said that." Just like the Bible thumpers.

The OT is pretty original, but you should try that with Srimad Bhagavatam that's been handed down for 270.000 years.

Who knows what the priests put in there to control the people and they come off and say, "God said that." Just like the Bible thumpers.
That, of course, is inaccurate information. That books composition is about the same timeframe as the Torah (about 2700 to 2800 years ago)

It doesn't matter, the word is not inerrant to begin with, the Bible never uses the word "inerrant" and we are told to "rightly divide the word of truth" I Timothy 2:15.

In fact it says, it has glorified the Son more than the word, Psalms I think, maybe some other version, I can't find it in my Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.

That, of course, is inaccurate information. That books composition is about the same timeframe as the Torah (about 2700 to 2800 years ago)
No, I doubt it.

After the flood? do you think the Earth would come up with Srimad Bhagavatam then?

No, The Haris believe it was 5000 years ago, 200 years before the flood, circa 2807 B.C., a three mile wide comet hit the South Indian Ocean leaving an eighteen mile wide crater.

But no, if you look, you don't find Srimad Bhagavatam then either.

But it is entirely possible the monkeys wrote it then, you have to factor in the possibility.

So what I think is likely, that the books came from another realm of Earth 270,000 years ago.

Factually we know there are many different realms so this is a likely explanation.

The Antichrist wants the Mark of the Beast, so he may traverse the realms and capture up the demigods and their residents.

Since the Bible may be distributed to other planets this planet gets such contamination.

Quantum physics tells us there are realms.

No, I doubt it.

After the flood? do you think the Earth would come up with Srimad Bhagavatam then?

No, The Haris believe it was 5000 years ago, 200 years after the flood, circa 2807 B.C., a three mile wide comet hit the South Indian Ocean leaving an eighteen mile wide crater.

But no, if you look, you don't find Srimad Bhagavatam then either.

But it is entirely possible the monkeys wrote it then, you have to factor in the possibility.

So what I think is likely, that the books came from another realm of Earth 270,000 years ago.

Factually we know there are many different realms so this is a likely explanation.

The Antichrist wants the Mark of the Beast, so he may traverse the realms and capture up the demigods and their residents.

Since the Bible may be distributed to other planets this planet gets such contamination.

Quantum physics tells us there are realms.

That is not what the historical and archeological data show.

No, they don't show Krishna on the planet 5000 years ago, and you don't find any evidence in Kurusetra where there was a big battle that wiped out the ruling class and that race died out, or went into the bush, we don't know which.

Five Thousand years was the extent of their history, so they pegged it there.

What historical or Archeological data is there?

I don't think it ties into Krishna on the planet, or Kurusetra, or pertains to those books.

No, I am saying that for the longest time some skeptics claimed because the Bible recorded fictional events, referred to fictional people/places, therefore the Bible was fiction...time and new discoveries have proven those skeptics wrong...

Okay…but does this demonstrate the Bible isn’t fiction? To be charitable, can’t the Bible constitute a mix of fiction and historically accurate places, people, and events? Can’t the skeptic still claim the Bible is a mix of fiction and facts?

Well, why assume the “original versions” aren’t substantially represented today?

I understand your point, it is possible the original version was different to some degree from today’s manuscripts but this is but to announce a truism, such a possibility logically must exist. Yet, this phenomenon wouldn’t be and isn’t unique to the Bible, and doesn’t preclude us from discovering an accurate meaning from the extant texts we do have. The fact there’s a possibility there’s an original and the present day texts or oldest, extant texts may say something else doesn’t establish they in fact do, that there is in fact a discrepancy.

Okay…but does this demonstrate the Bible isn’t fiction? To be charitable, can’t the Bible constitute a mix of fiction and historically accurate places, people, and events? Can’t the skeptic still claim the Bible is a mix of fiction and facts?
That's a very valid point. However there are some skeptics that conclude just the opposite -- because this (claim in the Bible) is fiction then they say the whole is. It might be to those skeptics the OP addresses.

That's a very valid point. However there are some skeptics that conclude just the opposite -- because this (claim in the Bible) is fiction then they say the whole is. It might be to those skeptics the OP addresses.
Point on...

I have never met or even heard of anyone who says that everything in the bible is fiction

Back
Top Bottom