• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Graphic: Coronavirus deaths in the U.S., per day

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

More than 190,000 people have died in the U.S. of COVID-19.
Track which states are getting hit the hardest and which direction the country's death rate is going. Updated daily.

One hundred thousand coronavirus deaths in the U.S. was the low estimate. That figure, the bottom end of the White House's best-picture scenario of 100,000 to 240,000 deaths, was reached in late May after the virus spread across the United States. The death toll in the U.S. has eclipsed those of every other country. Track the number of reported new deaths each day in the country and in the hardest-hit states. NBC News will update the data in these charts between 6 and 7 p.m. ET daily. See the number of new confirmed cases per day in each state here.

COVID death data for the nation and individual states are available here in graph formats. Updated daily.

Oof. Look at Florida and Texas...

Deaths:
graphs.jpg

I think we're starting to see the uptick expected from the Labor Day weekend.

There had been a downward trend of cases and deaths that ended over the last weekend. There has been an unsteady, but somewhat consistent rise since the 10th-13th. I'd expect these fluctuations as new pockets of the population are exposed to the virus. At the upper end, only about 20% of the population has been exposed to date.

You left California off for some reason...

California is bad too as well as New York. But a screenshot of that size would be unreadable.

Suffice it to say, if you want to make it political, New York and California, having extremely dense populations, started out bad and stayed that way, since the single biggest risk factor is population density. Florida and Texas, with much lower population density, started out fine and then got really bad. Probably due to the GOP downplaying the severity of the pandemic.

Track which states are getting hit the hardest and which direction the country's death rate is going. Updated daily.

COVID death data for the nation and individual states are available here in graph formats. Updated daily.

The goal was to flatten the curve so that hospitals would not be overrun. Weve done that. All you are doing is all you ever do--spread mindless left wing propaganda

California is bad too as well as New York. But a screenshot of that size would be unreadable.

Suffice it to say, if you want to make it political, New York and California, having extremely dense populations, started out bad and stayed that way, since the single biggest risk factor is population density. Florida and Texas, with much lower population density, started out fine and then got really bad. Probably due to the GOP downplaying the severity of the pandemic.

Sorry dude, you tried to make it political and I called you out on it. You liberals never include California in these discussions because it would destroy your dopey narrative.

The goal was to flatten the curve so that hospitals would not be overrun. Weve done that. All you are doing is all you ever do--spread mindless left wing propaganda

And you're doing what you always do, engage in Trump apologia.

The graph is the very ideal of repeating waves.

Actually California started out pretty low in cases but then those numbers started to change as they went through their reopening phases. While population density is certainly an issue in urban areas, the important thing to remember is the difference between NYC and and west coast cities: mass transportation. In NYC, the majority of the population uses mass transit (5.5 million weekday subway riders pre-pandemic). This does not include all of the riders who commute into the city from the suburbs using NJ Transit. You don't have these kind of public transportation numbers in LA, San Francisco etc.

some things to think about in why there may be so many deaths in the US, beyond the lack of using proper protection and taking care to not expose yourself...

There are various maladies that can cause Covid19 to turn into a deadly event for people..

obesity...yes, obesity can be a risk factor and half of our country is overweight...I am not a bunch overweight..maybe 20lbs..my BMI is not high enough to be considered a risk factor...but nonetheless it makes me more at risk than a 20something with no extra weight..for most of my life I was model thin...then cancer hit and I lost my thyroid because the tumor in my neck also invaded my thyroid....so much for eating whatever I wanted...and now I eat much healthier and fight to keep my weight down.

OSA...or Obstructive Sleep Apnea..if you have it, you better hope you don't get COVID19...why? You are more likely to have a life threatening event with COVID19 if you have OSA...people with OSA have lower oxygen concentrations when they sleep. I also have OSA..have had it since I was a child.

Cancer of course...because your immune system does not fully recover for some time...and I had cancer in 2017, but was declared cancer free March 2018..only 2 1/2 years ago...not enough to actually be cured.

COPD, Asthma etc...don't get Covid19...it will likely kill you.

Hypertension and Diabetes have both been linked to people having life threatening events with Covid19...

We have massive amounts of all of these issues, so that may explain why our death count is so high...and why people sometimes don't fully recover without damage.

Back
Top Bottom