• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Grandson Seeks To Clear Pearl Harbor Admiral From Blame

TimmyBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Here is a question. Did the US government, knowingly and willfully allow and permit an attack on Pearl Harbor by keeping information from this Admiral and then using this Admiral as a scapegoat to save the asses of crooked politicans who deserve the true blame? Here is quotes from the article:

Grandson seeks to clear name of Pearl Harbor admiral Wed Dec 7, 1:27 PM ET

FREDERICKSBURG, Texas (Reuters) - A U.S. admiral demoted after the surprise Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor should be cleared of blame and have his rank posthumously restored, his grandson said on Wednesday, the 64th anniversary of the carnage.

Thomas Kimmel, born two years after the December 7, 1941, assault on the major U.S. naval base in Hawaii, said President George W. Bush should exonerate Rear Adm. Husband E. Kimmel.

"My grandfather never knew anything about ... the secret decoding of Japanese diplomatic and spy communications, which gave us indications of the plan for the Pearl Attack and even the timing of the attack," Kimmel said. "That information was kept in Washington and never provided to my grandfather."

The U.S. Senate approved a resolution in 1999 exonerating the two officers and restoring their ranks. But the White House has the final decision, and neither Bush nor predecessor Bill Clinton has followed through.

Kimmel and Short were forced to retire at reduced rank, and were exempted from a 1947 law which allowed World War II era officers to retire with the pay and benefits of the highest field rank they held during the war, the younger Kimmel said.

"Think about that," Kimmel said. "The only two persons who were officially punished for the Pearl Harbor attack were my grandfather and General Short. I think it's time for that unjust punishment to be removed from the record of this very honorable man."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051207/us_nm/life_pearlharbor_dc_1

Back
Top Bottom