• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Grand Theft Auto 5

So, am I the only one getting it?

Im not getting it. I have always found GTA games the same as the last one and always boring. They should make a sequel to LA Noir but sadly they won't.

Im not getting it. I have always found GTA games the same as the last one and always boring. They should make a sequel to LA Noir but sadly they won't.

LA Noir was great, but in my opinion it had zero replay-ability to it. I've always loved GTA. It satisfies my inner criminal.

So, am I the only one getting it?

havent checked into gta5,but i was dissapointed with gta4.

since gta3 sandbox open world play had increased,but in gta4 they heavily scaled it back to pre gta3 levels,and from what ive seen gta5 looks like they scaled it back further,attempting to create a more linear story based game than a sandbox game.

face it in all the past gta gamres almost noone actually played the story,they did the minimum to explore,stole cars and beat up hookers,sandbox non linear gaming was gta's legacy.

havent checked into gta5,but i was dissapointed with gta4.

since gta3 sandbox open world play had increased,but in gta4 they heavily scaled it back to pre gta3 levels,and from what ive seen gta5 looks like they scaled it back further,attempting to create a more linear story based game than a sandbox game.

face it in all the past gta gamres almost noone actually played the story,they did the minimum to explore,stole cars and beat up hookers,sandbox non linear gaming was gta's legacy.

I enjoy the stories, and usually wait until I finish the story to mess around. As far as scaling it back, no. The map in this is going to be bigger than GTA 4, Red dead, GTA 3, and San Andreas combined.

I enjoy the stories, and usually wait until I finish the story to mess around. As far as scaling it back, no. The map in this is going to be bigger than GTA 4, Red dead, GTA 3, and San Andreas combined.

sand box means completely open ended gameplay.

i dont know if gta is more or less linear than gta4,but it looks like its more linear based off what whats been presented.

gta san andreas took sandbox gameplay to a new level,allowing players to pretty much goany directions they wanted after a certain point,whereas gta 4 pretty much tried to limit me as much as possible to the story,while making rampages and escaping the cops ridiculous impossible,again trying to eliminate the sandbox effect.if gta5 took the same route as gta4,i wont even bother buying it.

Yes. That has what to do with the site I linked being "a weird place for reviews on games"?

Well it neglects a lot of what gamers are interested in. It doesn't discuss graphics, and it completely leaves out gameplay mechanics which is the big one. You can't have a legit game review if it doesn't touch on gameplay. Not saying it's a bad source, just saying it's an incomplete review. Also, at the bottom it says the person doing the review hasn't even played the game. I go to IGN for reviews. sorry for my nerdiness. :lol:

sand box means completely open ended gameplay.

i dont know if gta is more or less linear than gta4,but it looks like its more linear based off what whats been presented.

gta san andreas took sandbox gameplay to a new level,allowing players to pretty much goany directions they wanted after a certain point,whereas gta 4 pretty much tried to limit me as much as possible to the story,while making rampages and escaping the cops ridiculous impossible,again trying to eliminate the sandbox effect.if gta5 took the same route as gta4,i wont even bother buying it.

You might want to look more into it because it looks like it kicks San Andrea's a$$ in freedom. I'll give you the official verdict tomorrow if you're interested. :cool:

Well it neglects a lot of what gamers are interested in. It doesn't discuss graphics, and it completely leaves out gameplay mechanics which is the big one. You can't have a legit game review if it doesn't touch on gameplay. Not saying it's a bad source, just saying it's an incomplete review. Also, at the bottom it says the person doing the review hasn't even played the game. I go to IGN for reviews. sorry for my nerdiness. :lol:

It is not a serious review, it's a joke. The writer however is an editor at Gamasutra - The Art & Business of Making Games and one of the more well respected game industry writers.

You might want to look more into it because it looks like it kicks San Andrea's a$$ in freedom. I'll give you the official verdict tomorrow if you're interested. :cool:

ill find out when its got full gameplay reviews,if itsmore sandbox than san andreas ill definately go for it,if its linear or moreso than gta4 ill steer clear of it.

ill find out when its got full gameplay reviews,if itsmore sandbox than san andreas ill definately go for it,if its linear or moreso than gta4 ill steer clear of it.

I posted IGN's review above as requested by Redress.

Its funny how popular this game is, considering that it is a parody on American society made by a bunch of Europeans... oh well not my cup of tea.. all first person shooting people for fun games. There is enough of that crap in real life, especially in the US.

Love it so much already! Love the fact they have ditched the endless boring missions!!!! Gameplay is fantastic!!!!

OK....2 nights in, and I believe GTA5 is the GTA that fans of the franchise asked for.

* The satirical humor is back (which GTA4 sorely lacked).
* The graphics (which really weren't the point of GTA games to begin with) are surprisingly good.
* Did a good job combining all the good aspects of the previous games into this one.
* BOOTSY FREAKIN' COLLINS is one of the radio DJ's (as well as Kenny Loggins and Pam Grier)
* Still haven't seen half the map, despite trying to uncover as much as I could of it.

And if you are a parent, and have bought (or will buy) this game for your under-18 child, then YOU are a HORRIBLE parent. This game has no business in the hands of kids. It's mature rating is an understatement.

What the **** is with not getting paid for the majority of the missions in this game?

What the **** is with not getting paid for the majority of the missions in this game?

Actually...I kinda like that. Michael Madsen (hey, that's what he looks like) shouldn't get money for rescuing his wife. Nor is there any cash for collecting the trucks for the first heist.

Would have like to have done a few more repo missions for cash though. Franklin starts out damn near broke.

Its funny how popular this game is, considering that it is a parody on American society made by a bunch of Europeans... oh well not my cup of tea.. all first person shooting people for fun games. There is enough of that crap in real life, especially in the US.

unsuccessful_troll.jpg

Back
Top Bottom