• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Grand Old Party in the 21st. Century (Thanks for nothing)

Jaygodmedia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The year 2000
Thanks GOP for George W. Bush. Here was a guy who brother stole the election for him. Coming into the office left with a surplus the nation puts its faith into a c plus college graduate. Then 9-11 happens on his watch by all GOP talking points today this would by default make bush Jr. The worst President ever. But after an act of war the nation unites then the bush administration lies to the U.N. and the America people about weapons of mass destruction. 2 wars later and no domestic agenda after 6 years or so this guy was done thanks GOP.

Attachments

• electcollege.jpg
    electcollege.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 374
The year 2000
Thanks GOP for George W. Bush. Here was a guy who brother stole the election for him.

Democrats have recently assured me that this sort of thing is the most awful and dangerous rhetoric that someone can engage in.

The year 2000
Thanks GOP for George W. Bush. Here was a guy who brother stole the election for him. Coming into the office left with a surplus the nation puts its faith into a c plus college graduate. Then 9-11 happens on his watch by all GOP talking points today this would by default make bush Jr. The worst President ever. But after an act of war the nation unites then the bush administration lies to the U.N. and the America people about weapons of mass destruction. 2 wars later and no domestic agenda after 6 years or so this guy was done thanks GOP.

Ok, you are putting me in a spot here. Was Bush a inept President, yes of-course he was, was he the worst, hmmmmm, I think not by a long shot. You do realize that the Dems in office after Bush have not only furthered his agenda but also expanded, Badly, his train of thought. We have the blind leading the blind when it comes to our conflicts and how to handle them properly, and sadly with the ways things are going in some areas, Europe and the ME, the odds are things are going to get a whole lot more dangerous for all of us.

Democrats have recently assured me that this sort of thing is the most awful and dangerous rhetoric that someone can engage in.

Oh I'm just getting started just sad to see and have to live through what this party has done.
The year 2008 a new President takes office and the top Republican in the house says this.
McConnell's plan to halt Obama - POLITICO thanks gop

The year 2000

We really screwed up when we defeated Al Gor.

Let's not make the same mistake this time.

The year 2000

And that was MY ship he was on (the USS Abraham Lincoln) when that picture was taken - and I was SO grateful that I'd already retired and didn't have to be on that particular deployment, if for no other reason than I didn't have to bow-and-scrape to him when he came aboard. But I wanted so much to yell at him, "Get the hell off MY ship!"

There is a difference between relying on faulty Intel and lying. Saying that, you could say the Bush administration was dishonest with what they were doing since it was pretty widely known at the time that the Intel was not to be trusted.

There is a difference between relying on faulty Intel and lying. Saying that, you could say the Bush administration was dishonest with what they were doing since it was pretty widely known at the time that the Intel was not to be trusted.

They shouldn't even have mentioned WMDs, they think they need to drum up support but really you should say it is for humanitarian purposes and cite non-compliance with un inspectors and have troop surge right away and make them behave for their oil revenue.

The year 2000
Bush has been out of office for eight years now. When are you going to take responsibility for your guy? Or will it always be Bush's fault? Geez, get the **** over it already. :roll:

Still peddling the mythical "surplus" bull**** I see. :roll: :roll:

Bush has been out of office for eight years now. When are you going to take responsibility for your guy? Or will it always be Bush's fault? Geez, get the **** over it already. :roll:

Still peddling the mythical "surplus" bull**** I see. :roll: :roll:

Yes, it is all Bush's fault, but it is actually our fault because we elected him.

Trump would be mush worse than Bush, let us not make the mistake again.

Yes, it is all Bush's fault, but it is actually our fault because we elected him.

Sorry, but it is officially Obama's fault now. A POTUS doesn't get to serve two terms and still blame it on the last guy.

Sorry, but it is officially Obama's fault now. A POTUS doesn't get to serve two terms and still blame it on the last guy.

You blame it on the Republicans since then.

The same could be said about Hillary. We don't want more "Obama." Enough with the out-of-touch, in-it-for-me career politicians. Let's not make that same mistake again.

The same could be said about Hillary. We don't want more "Obama." Enough with the out-of-touch, in-it-for-me career politicians. Let's not make that same mistake again.

Hillary is not bad compared to Trump or any Republican.

I think the out of touch career politicians are the reprobates who had to loose their minds.

As long as they continue loosing their minds how can they even offer me an outsider?

The "Faulty Intel" excuse has been refuted. They actually had good intel but disregarded and suppressed it.

Our own DOE and the IAEA said the "uranium tubes" were not suitable for centrifuge application and were likely rocket tubes. The Bush admin put pressure on the DOE to keep quiet.

The Niger "yellow cake" forgery was a joke. Described as a grade 3 forgery. Had the wrong persons signature on it.

The "mushroom cloud"/ imminent threat comments by Bush and others were completely baseless.

The rumor that Saddam had some connection to the 911 terrorists was a complete fabrication and a lie. (Saddam and Al Qaeda were blood enemies and we now know that the Saudi connection was known at the time)

There was no evidence that Saddam had restarted his chemical or biological weapons programs since they were dismantled after the first war.

Regardless of what Saddam had been up to, the world at the time had him completely contained - controlled his airspace and had weapons inspectors running around Iraq. There was absolutely no "imminent threat" that justified waging a war which killed over 100,000 civilians, 5000 US Soldiers and injured tens of thousands. We spent huge amounts of treasure (trillions of dollars) and all we did was create a jihadist wonderland.

The Bush Administration lied their faces off.

I think the out of touch career politicians are the reprobates who had to loose their minds.

As long as they continue loosing their minds how can they even offer me an outsider?

Aside from a few social issues, Red and Blue are exactly the same. Obama's has mostly followed the path that Bush started.

Sorry, but this just sounds like "I hate republicans." As I said in another post, if Hillary ran down the street shooting people, liberals would blame the victims for not getting out of the way. The white-knighting liberals do to her is almost like a religious following.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this just sounds like "I hate republicans." As I said in another post, if Hillary ran down the street shooting people, liberals would blame the victims for not getting out of the way. The white-knighting liberals do to her is almost like a religious following.

No, just a fact, as long as they follow their economic agenda, we'd be toast with any of them.

SMH.

Paul Richard LePage is an American businessman and Republican Party politician who is currently the 74th Governor of Maine.

Why do you suppose so many Democrats and Republicans voted for the Iraq Resolution when everyone knew the intel was not to be trusted?

Back
Top Bottom