• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Graham: Hope Trump takes a hard look at Syria decision (video)

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/01/16/syria-blast-trump-lindsey-graham-sot-ip-vpx.cnn

During the Senate hearing for Trump's attorney general nominee William Barr, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) commented on the blast in Syria that claimed the lives of US service members and said, "I hope the president would look long and hard about what we're doing in Syria."
================================================
Trump's announcement that the U.S. will withdraw from Syria because we defeated ISIS was a bit premature as this restaurant bombing shows. Putin wants the U.S. out of Syria & so does Erdogan. Trump apparently likes giving presents to foreign strongmen at our expense.

Apparently Graham Crackers wants Trump to escalate the war in Syria.

Apparently Graham Crackers wants Trump to escalate the war in Syria.

Because holding the line against ISIS and not giving them unnecessary hope through erratic decision-making is the same as escalating the war.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/01/16/syria-blast-trump-lindsey-graham-sot-ip-vpx.cnn

During the Senate hearing for Trump's attorney general nominee William Barr, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) commented on the blast in Syria that claimed the lives of US service members and said, "I hope the president would look long and hard about what we're doing in Syria."
Trump's announcement that the U.S. will withdraw from Syria because we defeated ISIS was a bit premature as this restaurant bombing shows. Putin wants the U.S. out of Syria & so does Erdogan. Trump apparently likes giving presents to foreign strongmen at our expense.

ISIS has been emboldened by Trumps announcement of a rapid withdrawal from Syria, and as a result, 4 more US soldiers have died.

I wonder if there will be any Benghazi-like hearings to determine why Trump lied about ISIS being defeated? :shrug:

Last edited:
ISIS has been emboldened by Trumps announcement of a rapid withdrawal from Syria, and as a result, 4 more US soldiers have dies.

I wonder if there will be an Benghazi-like hearings to determine why Trump lied about ISIS being defeated? :shrug:

FAKE NEWS! Everbuddy knows TRUMP bravely (and PERSONALLY) KICKED ISIS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ISIS has been emboldened by Trumps announcement of a rapid withdrawal from Syria, and as a result, 4 more US soldiers have died.

I wonder if there will be any Benghazi-like hearings to determine why Trump lied about ISIS being defeated? :shrug:

I wonder if there will be hearings as to why we invaded and occupied Syria. We armed the rebels with the help of Saudi Arabia. SA supports ISIS, Wahhabism, Al Qeda, etc. Who do we support? SA is our big ally, don't ya' know?
/

Responsible political leaders do not make public announcements of major strategic moves like premature declarations of victory & the withdrawal of our forces. A lot of people died at that restaurant because of Trump's grandstanding.

I have come to believe that Graham suffers from split personality disorder. He seems to be different people at different times and one does not know the other. Maybe we should start calling him Gollum?

Because holding the line against ISIS and not giving them unnecessary hope through erratic decision-making is the same as escalating the war.

Maybe if a certain former President hadn't let these whackos grow and then give them weapons, we wouldn't be in this mess.

A terrorist attack doesn't mean that a force isn't defeated in any reasonable sense of the concept. You're not going to stop random attacks like this, ever, even if there were zero permanent ISIS enclaves. I've been to both Iraq and Afghanistan and we defeated anything remotely resembling a conventional source but you're not going to 100% stop asymmetric warfare unless you go Genghis Khan on them.

You know what would've stopped those Service Members from being killed? Them not being there.

Also, it's sad to see so many "progressives" being warhawks. There is no sizeable anti-war party or group these days.

Our actions there has always helped ISIS more than it's hindered it. Obama's policies of intervention is Syria quite literally brought about the ascension of ISIS.

Maybe if a certain former President hadn't let these whackos grow and then give them weapons, we wouldn't be in this mess.

The past is past.

The present wacko is the one making erratic decisions and then acting surprised when he finally checks with his military and learns that he jumped the gun in a big way. Deflecting to Obama doesn't change the fact that ISIS is not defeated and Trump is giving them hope for new life.

And doesn't change the fact that holding the line against ISIS is not the same as escalating the war.

The past is past.

The present wacko is the one making erratic decisions and then acting surprised when he finally checks with his military and learns that he jumped the gun in a big way. Deflecting to Obama doesn't change the fact that ISIS is not defeated and Trump is giving them hope for new life.

And doesn't change the fact that holding the line against ISIS is not the same as escalating the war.

Obama helped ISIS; not sure why you want it to be a habit to clean up previous administrations messes.

Responsible political leaders do not make public announcements of major strategic moves like premature declarations of victory & the withdrawal of our forces. A lot of people died at that restaurant because of Trump's grandstanding.

Memories of MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

Several heaping doses of hackery, that.

1. He was executing a prior agreement.

2. The danger warned about - internal Iraqi insurgents rising up again and destabilizing - did not happen. People were not predicting some Syrian rebels would form an alliance, decide to establish a Caliphate, and also invade Iraq.

3. If you think Obama did the wrong thing, you have to think far more strongly that Trump is doing the wrong thing.

Obama helped ISIS; not sure why you want it to be a habit to clean up previous administrations messes.

I jumped in to dispute the suggestion that holding the line against ISIS was the same as escalating the war with Syria.

You joining in to help with the deflection to Obama does nothing to alter the validity of my point.

So you two enjoy your little anti-Obama fest. Changes nothing about the wreck Trump is making of things with his impulsive decisions which he makes during phone calls with dictators without even informing his military commanders much less checking with them to see what the facts on the ground are.

I jumped in to dispute the suggestion that holding the line against ISIS was the same as escalating the war with Syria.

They're both the same thing. You are either on the offensive or you are not. It doesn't take a genius to understand that.

You joining in to help with the deflection to Obama does nothing to alter the validity of my point.

There is no validity in your argument. None.

So you two enjoy your little anti-Obama fest. Changes nothing about the wreck Trump is making of things with his impulsive decisions which he makes during phone calls with dictators without even informing his military commanders much less checking with them to see what the facts on the ground are.

He is the President; the President is accountable to no onein his administration. He is not required to inform anyone. That's pretty basic.

Right. Because no one died in Syria until Trump started talking :roll: You guys will literally say anything, no matter how stupid.

He is the President; the President is accountable to no onein his administration. He is not required to inform anyone. That's pretty basic.

The koolaid is strong with you.

The President is not required to make informed decisions, in consultation with American experts instead of Turkish dictators, but it's a good idea. That's pretty basic.

/understatement

The koolaid is strong with you.

The President is not required to make informed decisions, in consultation with American experts instead of Turkish dictators, but it's a good idea. That's pretty basic.

/understatement

The experts are not worth listening to. That's why Trump is not listening to them.

Yes, it's usually a good idea to ignore people with terrible track records.

The experts are not worth listening to. That's why Trump is not listening to them.

Yes, it's usually a good idea to ignore people with terrible track records.

a9dcad33879e3ddeee235636709c6764.jpg

Back
Top Bottom