• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Grade Your Super Bowl Enthusiasm

Grade Your Super Bowl Enthusiasm

• Total voters
Besides the aids, Atlanta Georgia is a great venue. Especially liked visiting The Georgia Aquarium, the largest Aquarium in the world. It should be fun.

Super Bowls these days are for the wealthy and the connected, not regular folks like me.....cheapest ticket on StubHub right now is $3600

The referees stealing the game from New Orleans makes me now root for the Patriots. And that is one amazing feat all by itself.

My enthusiasm is low because of the "no call" in the Saints game that allowed the Rams to advance.

I would propose that, due to the outrageous and blatant "no call" (pass interference) against the LA Rams that resulted in New Orleans not advancing to the Super Bowl, that going forward each team should get at least one challenge per game in an effort to reverse either a 'no call' or a bad call by the officials. That 'no call' yesterday was a bad as I've seen in many years. It should be Saints and Patriots in the Super Bowl.

However you might have noticed that the topic of this thread is Super Bowl Enthusiasm, it is NOT the righteousness of Patriot Fandom.

Personally, I am excited because we get to see the all-time greatest sports legend play. We must cherish these moments.

Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan broke down in their late 30s. Most athletes do.

Tom Brady has somehow found the fountain of youth and is the complete opposite. We are witnessing greatness. Before you breathe your last breath, you can say you saw the closest thing to football Jesus and die in peace.

Also, we will see a divide between real fans vs fake fans.

Boston has real sports fans. LA has fake fans. For fans of Boston team, it is passion, it is in the blood. For La fans, rooting for teams is about vanity and popularity.

LOL says the guy who became a Pats fan only in 2001. :lol:

fo me, it's a C like most years. i generally watch it as an excuse to have pizza and a beer and make a minimum payment on my guy card. it's the only sporting event that i watch. as for who is playing, i don't care much. the pizza will taste the same either way.

**** Tom Brady and the Pats... I will watch it and root for the Rams 100% but if the Pats win it will go down as a ****ty ****ing season for the entire world except for cheaters and fans that like them...

Hahahha Tom Brady is running out of fingers to put superbowl rings on. Enjoy. Yesterdays game was priceless. Did you see the father holding the little KC fan? Poor kid was crying his eyes out. For a second there they actually thought they might beat the "underdog"...lol.

Love football and so enjoy the playoffs and the Superbowl. Still upset over the games yesterday and the poor officiating. Probably should be New Orleans and Kansas City going if the officiating had been fair. Hoping the Superbowl will be fair with no cheating and great officiating. Go Rams! Tired of Tom and the Patriots.

Voted a D.
The teams I normally follow are not in the playoffs.
The bad refereeing this weekend turned me off to the Super Bowl.

Hahahha Tom Brady is running out of fingers to put superbowl rings on. Enjoy. Yesterdays game was priceless. Did you see the father holding the little KC fan? Poor kid was crying his eyes out. For a second there they actually thought they might beat the "underdog"...lol.

I felt bad that a dad would put that much hope into his kid about a stupid football game... (yeah, I did see that dad and kid)

Brady is pretty good... I'll give him that.

Super Bowls these days are for the wealthy and the connected, not regular folks like me.....cheapest ticket on StubHub right now is $3600

That is insane. But there are a lot of Americans whom $3,600 is chump change.

After the mess up at the Superbowl in Dallas I would much rather like to watch it on TV. With that Superbowl there were ticketholders who couldn't get in the stadium until after the game started. Then there were some who had tickets but didn't have seats. What a colossal mess.

Personally, I am excited because we get to see the all-time greatest sports legend play. We must cherish these moments.

Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan broke down in their late 30s. Most athletes do.

Tom Brady has somehow found the fountain of youth and is the complete opposite. We are witnessing greatness. Before you breathe your last breath, you can say you saw the closest thing to football Jesus and die in peace.

Did you just have an orgasm there?

I mean , I love boxing but I don't masturbate while watching it.

That is insane. But there are a lot of Americans whom $3,600 is chump change.

After the mess up at the Superbowl in Dallas I would much rather like to watch it on TV. With that Superbowl there were ticketholders who couldn't get in the stadium until after the game started. Then there were some who had tickets but didn't have seats. What a colossal mess.

The NFL as well as all major sports and Disney are increasingly only available to the privileged.....This is a huge Mother****ing problem for America that almost none can be found to care about.

Because we rather suck now.

SAD

fo me, it's a C like most years. i generally watch it as an excuse to have pizza and a beer and make a minimum payment on my guy card. it's the only sporting event that i watch. as for who is playing, i don't care much. the pizza will taste the same either way.

As someone living far from the US I have a more vested interest in who is in it, because here it starts really late, like far after midnight and will last till close to normal Dutch people getting up for work time. Now when I was still working I would have circled 2 days in the year in which I would have taken a free day. Those days are Superbowl Monday and US election Wednesday. In year Bush Jr. was in an election with Al Gore I took 2 weeks off, one reason was to watch the election results and the other was because I had not taken a holiday yet and wanted to have 2 weeks off.

So now I do not work anymore, I would stay up for a team that interests me (Ravens, Patriots, Buccaneers, Bears) but for most other teams I would have recorded the game and watched it in the morning.

And like always, when the Patriots are playing, I will have sugar free soda (fanta or orangina) ready and some crisps or pretzels or stuff like that. No pizza though, eating that late at night really is not good for my figure :lamo (says the guy who is grossly morbidly obese LOL) but still, no meal like products for me.

And I will be alone, nearly no-one in my area would be willing to stay up that late. Well maybe my soldier brother in law is in the country at the moment for some medical treatment, maybe he can come and watch the Patriots with me, him being a big fan as well. I just hope it will be an awesome game, that will keep me awake a bit better than a one way game.

He can still win 4 more after this one to get both hands filled with SB rings.

As someone living far from the US I have a more vested interest in who is in it, because here it starts really late, like far after midnight and will last till close to normal Dutch people getting up for work time. Now when I was still working I would have circled 2 days in the year in which I would have taken a free day. Those days are Superbowl Monday and US election Wednesday. In year Bush Jr. was in an election with Al Gore I took 2 weeks off, one reason was to watch the election results and the other was because I had not taken a holiday yet and wanted to have 2 weeks off.

So now I do not work anymore, I would stay up for a team that interests me (Ravens, Patriots, Buccaneers, Bears) but for most other teams I would have recorded the game and watched it in the morning.

And like always, when the Patriots are playing, I will have sugar free soda (fanta or orangina) ready and some crisps or pretzels or stuff like that. No pizza though, eating that late at night really is not good for my figure :lamo (says the guy who is grossly morbidly obese LOL) but still, no meal like products for me.

And I will be alone, nearly no-one in my area would be willing to stay up that late. Well maybe my soldier brother in law is in the country at the moment for some medical treatment, maybe he can come and watch the Patriots with me, him being a big fan as well. I just hope it will be an awesome game, that will keep me awake a bit better than a one way game.

hope that you enjoy the crisps and soda.

I’d call it at about a D+ right now. Watching my Chiefs lose the game hurt, but I don’t hate the Patriots. I’m rooting for them over the Rams simply because I don’t like seeing the Pats lose Super Bowls. Plus this would be their sixth win, which would tie them with the Steelers for most all time. I like watching history being made.

D+....would have been higher had KC won but I dont need to see the Patriots again, that just reminds me of how America has become more Have v Have Not......it's depressing. The commercials that I used to enjoy greatly are too political now and not very good...and too often depressing on purpose....YUK. Halftime tends to suck...

Plus we have not done SB parties in years, it is not any longer a big social day for us.

I don't give a **** about the Super Bowl. I won't watch it at all. But, I might check the score every half hour or so.

C... I don't care about either team but my wife is a Rams fan. So we'll get some wings, I'll make some popcorn and we'll watch the game.

And it should be a good game. Both teams have offenses that can give the other teams defense all sorts of headaches.

I'll probably watch the Ted Bundy tapes on the internet. Watching a serial killer beats watching the serial cheaters.

It's the Empire Strikes Back, with Brady cutting off the hand of the young Rams quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom