• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Grade Trump's National COVID Plan

Grade Trump's National COVID Plan

• Total voters

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Here you go. Give President Trump's National Plan to respond to this Pandemic a grade...

Last edited:
Fauci says Trump’s coronavirus policy decisions helped save lives

July 31, 2020 |

Testifying before Congress on Friday, Dr. Anthony Fauci repeatedly credited President Trump for coronavirus policy decisions that saved lives.

Those measures included Trump’s decisions to ban flights from China, the UK and the rest of Europe, and the administration’s “Fifteen Days to Slow the Spread” quarantine policy, initially ordered in mid-March and then extended to a total 30 days.

Appearing before the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Response, Fauci said he participated in, and approved of, all of those policies — and that he believes they all resulted in the saving of lives.

Fauci says Trump's coronavirus policy decisions helped save lives

Here you go. Give President Trump's National Plan to respond to this Pandemic a grade...

Now we need to have a grading system for the governors.

I'll readily say that there are things that Trump could've done better.

the idiot convinced his fan club that the virus was no big deal and made them feel like it was a political statement to skirt mask mandates and safety measures. that did a lot of damage.

The results say he had no plan. That’s all that needs to be said in your poll.

Can we include grading the governors of NY,NJ, and MA after they lost 60,000 dead to the Covid pandemic?
Where is the choice for that?
Oh, I get it, we can't mention Democratic governors because they're good guys and they did not need a plan to protect their citizens.

First of all there has never been a plan. That is the source of much of the criticism. No leadership on the biggest crisis to hit the U.S. in many years.

Secondly, I have been hearing Trump talk about how China should have stopped it. He seems to say this lots lately. If that was so easy perhaps Trump should have stopped it when he had 5 cases.

I have never seen a "leader" so quick to point the finger elsewhere. He does like to shift his share of the blame.

Can we include grading the governors of NY,NJ, and MA after they lost 60,000 dead to the Covid pandemic?
Where is the choice for that?
Oh, I get it, we can't mention Democratic governors because they're good guys and they did not need a plan to protect their citizens.

Yes another right winger that can't seem to understand that when this happened these Governors in the NE had NO leadership out of DC in FACT all they were getting is conflicting info , Trump saying it is no big deal and will just go away, and belittling the CDC and anybody that didn't agree with him
I think it is time for these people to admit seeing there was NO example of what to do back then and what NOT to do that these Governors had a really hard time figuring out what to do and what not to do
YES!!!! they made mistakes a LOT of them but NO body had any idea what to do and they were the ones that had to figure it out.
I think it would have been as bad if not worse if it hit the high populated states in the South , I am sure if the shoe was on the other foot and it started in a place like Fla, and the deaths were as high or higher then they were the people down there wouldn't like it if the people in the NE kept saying oh look at how bad they did ( and never saying a word about not knowing what to do and what not to do, and the lack of leadership out of DC )
Have a nice evening

He did everything he had to, and was able to, do.

I have to say 1-4 (hovering between 1 and 2 but closer to 1) but he does have a plan, less testing, more ignoring, less taking of responsibilities and trying to keep the chaos going to some degree.

Amazing! What did he do, exactly? If he did do everything he had to do how do you explain 182K deaths? How do you explain that with 4% of the world population we have 25% of the world's deaths? You consider that a "10"? That might be the best Trump can do but virtually anyone else would do better. Shocking to see people who genuinely believe in their hearts that Trump has done a good job on Covid. It's unfathomable to me.

Can anyone post what his actual plan is?

OK, kindly list 10 things that he did well..... Then explain why we never got the 1st wave under control yet substantially every other country did. If 1000 deaths per day gets you an "A" in your school, I don't think its a very good school.

He has no plan. His concern was simply not hurting the economy or his reelection odds. Our citizens have paid the prices.

the idiot convinced his fan club that the virus was no big deal and made them feel like it was a political statement to skirt mask mandates and safety measures. that did a lot of damage.

death

The results say he had no plan. That’s all that needs to be said in your poll.

pretty much

well, and that there are a two (at the moment) Trump footsoldiers who are willing to go on record.

First of all there has never been a plan. That is the source of much of the criticism. No leadership on the biggest crisis to hit the U.S. in many years.

Secondly, I have been hearing Trump talk about how China should have stopped it. He seems to say this lots lately. If that was so easy perhaps Trump should have stopped it when he had 5 cases.

I have never seen a "leader" so quick to point the finger elsewhere. He does like to shift his share of the blame.

Trump isn't a leader. That's the problem.

OK, kindly list 10 things that he did well..... Then explain why we never got the 1st wave under control yet substantially every other country did. If 1000 deaths per day gets you an "A" in your school, I don't think its a very good school.

He provided the states with all the resources and support he could.

The rest was up to the governors.

There is no national plan. Hard to think of another president so totally abdicating the basic responsibilities of the job.

He provided the states with all the resources and support he could.

The rest was up to the governors.

passing the buck.

this could have been Trump's finest hour. instead he made it his biggest failure. not surprising though. he can't even take college entrance exams for himself.

Trump doesn't have any plans, not unless they bolster his image and ego. What he does, and have access to, is people who can advise him to actually do the right thing once in awhile.

Trump has no plan for dealing with COVID-19. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

Since someone mentioned grading governors, I'd give Gretchen Whitmer a C.

Back
Top Bottom