• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor General Julie Payette resigning over damning workplace report

I knew about WE, the visit to the Aga Khan's island and his interference in SNC Lavalin prosecution. Are there any others?

He also elbowed an MP in the chest while being somewhat physically confrontational in the parliament. I don't think he did that exact thing on purpose but he was purposefully being physically forceful which resulted in that happening. But I think that's somewhat of a minor thing. I think what was already mentioned isn't so small though.

He also elbowed an MP in the chest while being somewhat physically confrontational in the parliament. I don't think he did that exact thing on purpose but he was purposefully being physically forceful which resulted in that happening. But I think that's somewhat of a minor thing. I think what was already mentioned isn't so small though.
Yes I remember that. Two opposition MPs were blocking one of his colleagues. Childishness all around on that. Trudeau could have toned down the testosterone in how he responded.

My biggest concern in terms of his record is the SNC Lavalin affair. They were toxic and and corrupt right to the c-suite and deserved the charges. Trudeau knew, or should have known, that it was inappropriate to interfere in how the criminal case was progressing. He wasn't as he claimed trying to save jobs, he was trying to save votes.

Hopefully Trudeau will get the next one right- any check would have seen she left he prior workplace for the same reasons
Why was a chick Governor General? That’s the problem, this was probably an affirmative action pick by the worlds only openly metrosexual PM.

this should be a 70 year old Anglo man.

Why was a chick Governor General? That’s the problem, this was probably an affirmative action pick by the worlds only openly metrosexual PM.

this should be a 70 year old Anglo man.

Sometimes the chick Governor Generals are easier on the eyes.

govrnor-general.jpg

Yes I remember that. Two opposition MPs were blocking one of his colleagues. Childishness all around on that. Trudeau could have toned down the testosterone in how he responded.

My biggest concern in terms of his record is the SNC Lavalin affair. They were toxic and and corrupt right to the c-suite and deserved the charges. Trudeau knew, or should have known, that it was inappropriate to interfere in how the criminal case was progressing. He wasn't as he claimed trying to save jobs, he was trying to save votes.

I'll have to bow to your political knowledge on the goings on in Canada. I know some but not a lot, but I can likely claim more than most Americans. Maybe it's that my brother's wife is Canadian :)

I'll have to bow to your political knowledge on the goings on in Canada. I know some but not a lot, but I can likely claim more than most Americans. Maybe it's that my brother's wife is Canadian :)
You clearly know what's going on up here. We have scandals too, just with a bit less shooting and we don't have to listen to Don Lemon lecturing us on them.

Man this woman has been an affirmative action hire her whole life, I am reading her Wikipedia, she was selected as one of four astronauts out of 5000 applicants! Given how important physical stamina is to that job and how high IQ is more present in men then women you know they passed over thousands of more qualified men to put a Va-J in space.

domestic violence allegations? Who would’ve thought a non feminine lady would use violence in her relationships? I love that news articles cannot clearly answer whether she hit someone in her car at all. “She reportedly hit and killed someone but police cleared her” well that’s not reported, did she or not?

man gotta love the decadent society. This academic idea that we have to have token members of contrived victim groups in positions of influence has to stop.

Good.

Serious questions need to be asked of Trudeau, the Cabinet and the Liberals as to how on Earth this was allowed to happen.

But I think I already know the answer, she was high profile, an astronaut... So people gave her leeway, the benefit of the doubt, those who were abused by her and even apparently at her time at the Montreal Science Centre, probably didn't think anyone would believe them against such a big figure and so this was allowed to occur.

Good riddance to a piece of human garbage, I don't care how much shit you've done in your life and how impressive it is, if you can't treat your fellow man with a modicum of respect, you are not worthy of respect.

**** her.

Piece of crap.
in response you asking how this happened. From the OP

Trudeau dismissed the committee set up by former prime minister Stephen Harper to advise and present prospective candidates to serve as either governor general or as the lieutenant-governor of the provinces. He and his team selected Payette directly in 2017 and it quickly

Man this woman has been an affirmative action hire her whole life, I am reading her Wikipedia, she was selected as one of four astronauts out of 5000 applicants! Given how important physical stamina is to that job and how high IQ is more present in men then women you know they passed over thousands of more qualified men to put a Va-J in space.

domestic violence allegations? Who would’ve thought a non feminine lady would use violence in her relationships? I love that news articles cannot clearly answer whether she hit someone in her car at all. “She reportedly hit and killed someone but police cleared her” well that’s not reported, did she or not?

man gotta love the decadent society. This academic idea that we have to have token members of contrived victim groups in positions of influence has to stop.

I think the selection for the space agency was based on relevant education and experience. She's obviously a smart cookie, just don't get stuck on the space station with her!

I think the selection for the space agency was based on relevant education and experience. She's obviously a smart cookie, just don't get stuck on the space station with her!
You would be a fool to believe that.

it is statistically impossible that with 4 slots for 5100 applicants she was smarter and stronger then every single man in the applicant pool. The top 1 percent of those men would absolutely have been both. I’ve showed the IQ chart by sex before, the top one percent of men are smarter then the top one percent of women. It is physically impossible for a woman to be stronger then a similar age and health man.

she clearly got a leg up from being a woman.

You would be a fool to believe that.

it is statistically impossible that with 4 slots for 5100 applicants she was smarter and stronger then every single man in the applicant pool. The top 1 percent of those men would absolutely have been both. I’ve showed the IQ chart by sex before, the top one percent of men are smarter then the top one percent of women. It is physically impossible for a woman to be stronger then a similar age and health man.

she clearly got a leg up from being a woman.
Just for the hell of it I just looked up a list of the top IQs ever recorded. There are women within the top tier. Post your IQ chart and let's take a look at it.

So.....Space Cadet resigned.

She should go back out in space - somewhere in the twilight zone!

Horrible appointment in the first place! If Trudeau wanted an astronaut Chris Hadfield would have been a much better choice. Trudeau is on very thin ice.

Trudeau was going for the "woman" angle. Doesn't matter whether it's damaged goods - as long as it's a woman!
Expect an LGBTQ for the next appointment.

This is a statement of someone who must be extremely worried about her legal exposure to those she abused, the underlined and highlighted shows that very clearly and carefully:

"Everyone has a right to a healthy and safe work environment, at all times and under all circumstances. It appears this was not always the case at the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General. Tensions have arisen at Rideau Hall over the past few months and for that, I am sorry.

"While no formal complaints or official grievances were made during my tenure, which would have immediately triggered a detailed investigation as prescribed by law and the collective agreements in place, I still take these allegations very seriously. Not only did I welcome a review of the work climate at the OSGG, but I have repeatedly encouraged employees to participate in the review in large numbers. We all experience things differently, but we should always strive to do better, and be attentive to one another's perceptions.

Her resignation isn't enough.

I think Staff should pursue damages if they are able, the dirty laundy must be aired and people in her position need to understand that they cannot behave this way.

Nail her to the wall.

The report into Governor General Julie Payette's behavior toward staff included allegations of physical contact.

The Privy Council Report is online here and her staff described conditions that included 'yelling, screaming, aggressive conduct, demeaning comments and public humiliations'. Twenty six staffed used the words 'poisoned' or 'toxic' to describe the workplace at Rideau Hall.

Trudeau called the Queen this week to let her know Payette had resigned and that the Chief Justice was taking over her constitutional duties. I bet that was an awkward call.

What a disgrace! Trudeau, you got some 'splainin" to do!

Back
Top Bottom