• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor DeSantis

kvjzHWL9

no where does that say that they are Covid positive and being placed on buses...

Well the interview I posted from the WSJ is dated August 8, 2021. Here is the link again

Credence, YES, that is one of the interviews I watched in recent days with Dr. Makary. I believe that's the one where I was first informed we don't have any reasonable data on the children/mask topic because, despite all this time, it simply hasn't been studied! I didn't have a chance to watch it (from your post) when I responded this morning because I had to leave for a dentist appt.. But, that is indeed one of the interviews with him I've seen in recent days (on my favorite, never miss it, Sunday show). I thought it was an excellent interview overall and was glad to hear of Florida's overall vaccination rate, being quite good, despite the pockets he discussed.
I am very much in favor of it being up to parents whether their children are masked in school. I think DeSantis will end up the one who has made the sensible decision on this topic - and the places where practically worthless masks are being mandated for school kids with be just that, worthless and just a "guess". But, with the importance the Biden administration is placing on this and the shaming they are heavily invested in (regarding masking children), they certainly should have been prepared by having N95 masks of proper sizes available for easy and free pickup throughout this country - and they have NOTHING in place!!!!!

A) DeSantis is the governor of Florida
B) His policies lean towards business not protecting his constituents
C) Florida is leading the U.S. in new Delta cases

Now I suppose reporting THAT will be seen as "one-sided" coverage by some.
D) He supports people getting vaccinated

I think he's switched to blaming Biden for sending a bunch of Covid carrying illegals to Florida.
Well, Biden sent a bunch of illegals to Tennessee, so why not Florida too.

After giving this some consideration.... sadly, it is too soon to really tell how it will politically play out for DeSantis.
A little better then for Trump, seeing as DeSantis has pushed for people to get vaxed.

His policies lean towards business not protecting his constituents

Oh no they don't.

The best thing for business is to stop the disease. Vaccinate, mask and work.

His demonic actions are an emotional appeal to the unwashed, the ignorant. i.e. the Trumpists.

cruise ships certainly have the right to deny service to anyone un-vaccinated.

The idiots in the Florida GOP would disagree. But thus far the courts do agree.

Yeah, **** this guy. Even more of a reason to have a progressive foothold in the GOP, to stop creeper mother****ers like this.

Has DeSantis gotten out over his skis in regards to the Covid mess? There is an old adage about sports playoff teams, stating that they may have peaked too early.

Is Ron on solid political ground or is he wading into quicksand, politically?

A fool and his voters are soon parted.....

kvjzHWL9

De facto open border the leftist extremists wanted, helped along by a wink and a nudge and vast majority bogus asylum claims and vast majority disappearing into the shadows they so hate, only to prop up an equally bogus amnesty demand later.

not counting on Biden being reelected?

I certainly don't believe the Republicans would put up anyone that can defeat him. The Cons have some good people in the party, but they have gone so far off the rails they would never put up a candidate that could win. Desantis being exhibit A of that statement.

I certainly don't believe the Republicans would put up anyone that can defeat him. The Cons have some good people in the party, but they have gone so far off the rails they would never put up a candidate that could win. Desantis being exhibit A of that statement.
lots of things can happen in three years

Back
Top Bottom