• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor Cuomo Apology

There are two arguments to be had:
1) The allegations did not affect Cuomo's ability to do his job, so it is immaterial to whether he resigns or not.
2) A politician's behavior reflects the way he thinks, acts, and behaves. If he screwed this up and violated (at the very least) ethics, then does this not mean he has messed other things up not related to sexual harassment allegations? Ergo, if he is ethically shady in this instance, then all of his laws, etc. must also be suspect.

Where do you think most people stand in general? Specifically in this case? Etc.

There are two arguments to be had:
1) The allegations did not affect Cuomo's ability to do his job, so it is immaterial to whether he resigns or not.
2) A politician's behavior reflects the way he thinks, acts, and behaves. If he screwed this up and violated (at the very least) ethics, then does this not mean he has messed other things up not related to sexual harassment allegations? Ergo, if he is ethically shady in this instance, then all of his laws, etc. must also be suspect.

Where do you think most people stand in general? Specifically in this case? Etc.

It's quite evident that he that he is directly responsible for killing thousands of senior citizens, and then lying about his directives & statistics.

So, where do you stand?

Going .
Going .
Gone .
Scruffy little man . Amazing that he lasted so long , being a woman parts fiddler and general pervert .

What is the big differences in these two statements?

” I just start kissing them.....”

“Kissing and hugging is my usual and customary way of greeting...........”

The intent

The intent

Look what that naughty NBC Fake News outfit said . The great truth tellers, ROFL .
More like ---
NBC one of the bastions of Liberal nut-jobs ?

Cuomo came out awfully whiny in his remarks about the allegations brought forward by the accusers.

Mr. Andrew is just a spoiled brat.

His father was governor of New York state, too.

So Mr. Andrew grew up feeling that he was privileged -- and he was.

Photos show him to be quite a handsome dude when younger, so he no doubt was popular with the ladies.

He just naturally felt that the ladies would continue to flock to him as he became older and less attractive.

He was wrong.

He's betting on the short American attention span.
He's gonna lose that bet. Everyday more shit is coming out against him, and more lawmakers (Dems included) are calling for either an investigation or for him to step down.

A former press aide of Andrew M. Cuomo says he summoned her to his dimly lit hotel room and embraced her after a work event in 2000, when Cuomo led the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and she was a consultant for the agency. The woman, Karen Hinton, says she pulled away from Cuomo, but he pulled her back toward his body, holding her before she backed away and left the room. - from link

Politics remind me of old National Geographic stories of life and death in the jungle. In ones and twos, hyenas don’t generate much fear, but get a pack together and have one draw blood, it’s a whole ‘nother game.........

I don’t stand for abuse of any kind, but if you have a beef, I believe there is an expiration date and it’s shorter than two decades.......🤷

I don't see the big deal, sorry. People do have sex with, affairs with and marry bosses. I don't see the huge evil in asking, even if asking someone younger.

He may have been asked crudely and being a foolish old rich guy. But there are young women who seek out foolish old rich guys. Sometimes this proves extremely lucrative and their preference over instead being involved with a young man her age who has to go Dutch at McDonalds and could you give him a ride because his old car is in the shop again. For some, that he's married makes it also a conquest for her, an adventure plus for a few it may also give leverage later on or otherwise get a lot out of it.

In the ancient I-Ching, young women who could seduce old rich men - and ultimately take him for everything he's got, were almost admired as a true professional art form. However, she was expected to fully please him in everyway all the way to his last dollar - and dump him and find another rich old man.

The problem for such as what allegedly Cuomo did would be if he either 1.) refused to take a no and completely drop it or 2.) just hovers around her with crude sexual innuendo statements.

I don’t stand for abuse of any kind, but if you have a beef, I believe there is an expiration date and it’s shorter than two decades.......🤷

I agree. Speak or forever hold your peace.

So...now we'll see if people in his own party who don't like what he did will remove him or not.

I won't hold my breath waiting to find out.
Top Dems have told him to resign and I agree, he should.

He needs to resign. There is no place for this in politics.
That is all politics is... corruption, sexual harassment, kick backs, scandals, cheating, etc. He leaves and another replaces him.

It's quite evident that he that he is directly responsible for killing thousands of senior citizens, and then lying about his directives & statistics.

So, where do you stand?

Where I stand is, having lived in Suffolk County, NY, he seems to have handled coronavirus very well for the general populace (meaning those out in the public), at first, anyway. He definitely learned valuable lessons at HUD when he worked there and implemented them successfully (Again, not counting nursing homes).I felt very safe on Long Island when I lived there thanks not only to Gov. Cuomo's policies, but just general common sense among the populace.

Specifically nursing homes is where he fell down on, as well as lying about facts and figures and not being as forthcoming as he needed to be. So, we have a mixed record.

Having had a relative who stayed in a nursing home, part of the problem is that nursing homes are not required (At least on Long Island), by law, to follow basic protocols, such as getting flu shots. If a nurse chooses not to get a flu shot, they must wear a mask. So, given the way the laws are, and the way the directives are, I imagine that deaths in nursing homes specifically were caused by a combination of individual nursing home policies, Governor Cuomo's policies, and state and local policies all mixed together.

Where I can blame him completely is for lying and not disclosing statistics and manipulating what he said, at least in press conferences, so thet everything looked better than it was. While his briefings were information, and he does follow the numbers, the problem is that you can't follow your own selected numbers to arrive at the truth.

As far as the sexual harassment allegations, this also goes in-line with point a). He did something unethical, and also was unethical about the numbers he disclosed. If you can find or know of a third unethical thing he did (I never really followed him that closely, much to my detriment), then we have a pattern that's more than just bad behavior in "just a couple" of instances.

Does he need to resign? Given that he only has one year left before the election, I would suggest that resignation is not the right thing to do unless other things unravel. This is because, especially in the times of the pandemic, we do not want to cause instability with public safety any more so than it already has been destabilized. Consistency of policy, etc. - that being said, if more things were to unravel specifically related to coronavirus, I would say he has to go because his policies didn't help public safety. They certainly didn't help senior citizens and nursing homes, and things still may unravel.

I hope that answered the question.

As a resident of New York State I can honestly say he needs to go and I would not be sad to see it. Even if I am far more middle of the road than conservative, this is definitely not a partisan stance. He should have been put on blast when he dissolved the Moreland Commission. That was a pretty blatant admission of his own corruption right there but it just slid by without even a peep.

So, where do you stand?
Actual no he didn't kill thousands of senior citizens. THAT is purely BS. It simply shows no understanding of the medical system. Cuomo didn't and doesn't decide who to discharge and why and when.. physicians and other medical providers did and do.

Actual no he didn't kill thousands of senior citizens. THAT is purely BS. It simply shows no understanding of the medical system. Cuomo didn't and doesn't decide who to discharge and why and when.. physicians and other medical providers did and do.

Can we point to a specific policy that made the problem worse?

The Cuomo administration advisory of March 25 that stated that nursing homes “must comply with the expedited receipt of residents” coming from hospitals, regardless of whether they are infected with COVID-19.

The Cuomo administration advisory of March 25 that stated that nursing homes “must comply with the expedited receipt of residents” coming from hospitals, regardless of whether they are infected with COVID-19.
Yep.. coming from hospitals...which means physicians discharging covid patients when they are medically stable and not infectious.
Tell me..is it your contention that someone who has been infected with covid can NEVER enter a nursing home?

Back
Top Bottom