• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor Cuomo Apology

My question is WHY NOW? Frankly it smacks of politics.
Frankly..none of the accusations I have seen smack of sexual harassment.

Cuomo .. the hero of the left in 2020 with his ability to lead and be a coveted presidential candidate and author a book on leadership, has turned out to be another corrupt, leftist politician who covered up the deaths of thousands of elderly, sexually engaged those in his quorum and intimidated those who dare go against him.

Cuomo for President 2024 :rolleyes:

leftist politician who covered up the deaths of thousands of elderly, sexually engaged those in his quorum and intimidated those who dare go against him.

Are you sure you aren't talking about this guy?

1615573254521.jpeg

Top Dems have told him to resign and I agree, he should.

There is no reason for him to resign. However, there certainly are reasons for New Yorkers to not vote for him again.

Are you sure you aren't talking about this guy?

View attachment 67322716

It should be pretty clear that Cuomo, the exalted leader of the left in 2020, killed thousands of elderly in nursing homes and then attempted to cover it up .. on top of that .. he's had several mistresses who are now coming out .. where is the #me too moment?

There is no reason for him to resign. However, there certainly are reasons for New Yorkers to not vote for him again.
I disagree .. based on the precedent set by the #metoo movement as well as other Democrats (e.g. Al Franken) who overstepped their boundaries with the ladies, it's pretty obvious what the outcome should be.

I disagree .. based on the precedent set by the #metoo movement as well as other Democrats (e.g. Al Franken) who overstepped their boundaries with the ladies, it's pretty obvious what the outcome should be.

Al Franken was foolish to quit.

My question is WHY NOW? Frankly it smacks of politics.
Frankly..none of the accusations I have seen smack of sexual harassment.
What do you consider sexual harrassment? I agree some of them are weak, but if you're thinking of Harvey Weinstein, he went far beyond harrassment.

What do you consider sexual harrassment? I agree some of them are weak, but if you're thinking of Harvey Weinstein, he went far beyond harrassment.
1. Touching in a sexual manner. The italian " Il bacetto" and French "une Bise"... are not considered sexual in the italian and french cultures.
2. continued physical touching after a person has said indicated such made them uncomfortable.
3. Solicitation or pressure to agree to unwanted sexual contact either with threat of repercussions at work.. or through promise of reward at work for compliance.

His utter disregard for life in his nursing home orders disqualifies him from holding office - immediately

His utter disregard for life in his nursing home orders disqualifies him from holding office - immediately
Yeah.. that accusation is bunk.

Yeah.. that accusation is bunk.
?? He didn't order COVID positive patients back into facilities with the most vulnerable to the virus?

Then it should go to a grand jury. If he is convicted then he should be removed if New York law makes that a disqualifier.

When elected a person is elected to a term of office. There is no buyer's remorse after the election unless there are recall provisions or law removes a person for certain offenses. I do not agree that politicians can decide to remove someone put in office by voters.

If he did something criminal, prosecute. If he is doing a bad job, don't vote for him again. Whatever he did prior to the election were all issues to raise before the last election - or before the next one.

By no means am I a fan of Cuomo. I'm guessing the real reason is that he has privately refused to pressure for corrupt prosecutions against Trump as to why Democratic politicians have turned against him.

="Rawley, post: 1073649461, member: 36084"]
?? He didn't order COVID positive patients back into facilities with the most vulnerable to the virus?

His order didn;t make any difference medically.

A patient who has been in the hospital and treated for covid.. can be medically transferred when they are medically stable.. and have been in the hospital long enough to not be infectious.
Thats standard medical practice and Cuomo's order didn;t change that.

Covid patients who are not infectious may continue to test positive for months..

But a study published this week out of Singapore found that 70% are still positive 15 days after the first sign of COVID-19. That means more than a million U.S. residents who’ve had the coronavirus might still test positive beyond the period when research shows they can infect others.

ttps://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/2020/05/29/positive-test-coronavirus-not-contagious

His order didn;t make any difference medically.

Tell that to the families of the thousands of dead who contracted the virus from these patients he ordered back into the nursing homes.

A patient who has been in the hospital and treated for covid.. can be medically transferred when they are medically stable.. and have been in the hospital long enough to not be infectious.
Thats standard medical practice and Cuomo's order didn;t change that.

Covid patients who are not infectious may continue to test positive for months..

Bullshit. Standard medical practice is to quarantine infectious patients

Tell that to the families of the thousands of dead who contracted the virus from these patients he ordered back into the nursing homes.

Bullshit. Standard medical practice is to quarantine infectious patients
I would. In fact I have since I have friends and family that live in NY. They did not contract the virus from patients he "ordered back into the nursing homes"..
Think about that a minute.. if they were ordered BACK to the nursing home... WHERE DID THEY CONTRACT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE..?? In the nursing home and most likely from staff.

Yes.. standard practice is to quarantine infections patients.. which is WHAT THEY DID IN THE HOSPITAL... and when they were medically stable and out of the infections period.. they were transferred. That was then.. and is now standard medical practice.

Unless you are willing to believe that thousands of physicians and nurses.. sent patients back to the nursing home.. knowingly violated standard medical practice and knowingly putting thousands of nursing home residents at risk and their medical licenses at risk.. not to mention lawsuits etc.

I would. In fact I have since I have friends and family that live in NY. They did not contract the virus from patients he "ordered back into the nursing homes"..
Think about that a minute.. if they were ordered BACK to the nursing home... WHERE DID THEY CONTRACT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE..?? In the nursing home and most likely from staff.

Other than Cuomo's word, what evidence do you have of this? How about friends? Or relatives? Or at the hospital itself?

Yes.. standard practice is to quarantine infections patients.. which is WHAT THEY DID IN THE HOSPITAL... and when they were medically stable and out of the infections period.. they were transferred. That was then.. and is now standard medical practice.

Unless you are willing to believe that thousands of physicians and nurses.. sent patients back to the nursing home.. knowingly violated standard medical practice and knowingly putting thousands of nursing home residents at risk and their medical licenses at risk.. not to mention lawsuits etc.

Don't put this on the nurses ... Cuomo ordered them back into the nursing homes.

Other than Cuomo's word, what evidence do you have of this? How about friends? Or relatives? Or at the hospital itself?

Don't put this on the nurses ... Cuomo ordered them back into the nursing homes.

What evidence? I provided it. Its the medical facts around covid infection.

Yeah,.,, read the order:

Hospital discharge planning staff and NHs should carefully review this guidance with all staff directly involved in resident admission, transfer, and discharges. During this global health emergency, all NHs must comply with the expedited receipt of residents returning from hospitals to NHs. Residents are deemed appropriate for return to a NH upon a determination by the hospital physician or designee that the resident is medically stable for return. Hospital discharge planners must confirm to the NH, by telephone, that the resident is medically stable for discharge. Comprehensive discharge instructions must be provided by the hospital prior to the transport of a resident to the NH. No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission. Information for healthcare providers on COVID-19 is readily available on the New York State

To be transferred.. they had to be MEDICALLY Stable... which means that they have had to be improving in symptoms.. they had to be afebrile without medication.. they had to be out of the infectious period.

Your evidence proves my point.

Once a person has had covid 19.. they can still test positive for months.. even though they are not infectious. All this order was to do.. was to prevent nursing homes from refusing to take NON INFECTIOUS PATIENTS... simply because they would continue to test positive.. again.. though NOT INFECTIOUS.

What evidence? I provided it. Its the medical facts around covid infection.

Yeah,.,, read the order:

To be transferred.. they had to be MEDICALLY Stable... which means that they have had to be improving in symptoms.. they had to be afebrile without medication.. they had to be out of the infectious period.

Your evidence proves my point.

Once a person has had covid 19.. they can still test positive for months.. even though they are not infectious. All this order was to do.. was to prevent nursing homes from refusing to take NON INFECTIOUS PATIENTS... simply because they would continue to test positive.. again.. though NOT INFECTIOUS.
LOL Just curious, why are you so invested in defending this scumbag?

Have they given you the talking points as to why he tried to cover it up, if he did nothing wrong?

LOL Just curious, why are you so invested in defending this scumbag?

Have they given you the talking points as to why he tried to cover it up, if he did nothing wrong?
I could care less about cuomo. Cuomo and his downstate politics are partly why I left NY.

What I care about is the truth. I am just frankly tired of the constant lying.. particularly about medical information...

What really pisses me off... is that people who spent months and months saying that this was "just a hoax by the democrats..,, that masks don;t work.. that we shouldn;t "shut down the economy"... that "it only kills one percent"...

Now all of sudden..... those same people give a crap about people dying from covid? Please.. they are using death for political fodder.. and they care only because it suits them.

No one gives me talking points. The only one here with talking points is you "he sent infected people to the nursing home to kill them"...

Yet your own evidence shows that ONLY When they were appropriate for transfer by a physician could they be transferred.

Why cover it up? First I have no evidence yet that he DID try to cover it up...

I could care less about cuomo. Cuomo and his downstate politics are partly why I left NY.

What I care about is the truth. I am just frankly tired of the constant lying.. particularly about medical information...

What really pisses me off... is that people who spent months and months saying that this was "just a hoax by the democrats..,, that masks don;t work.. that we shouldn;t "shut down the economy"... that "it only kills one percent"...

Now all of sudden..... those same people give a crap about people dying from covid? Please.. they are using death for political fodder.. and they care only because it suits them.

No one gives me talking points. The only one here with talking points is you "he sent infected people to the nursing home to kill them"...

Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster? Or are you just being a dick and misquoting me?

Yet your own evidence shows that ONLY When they were appropriate for transfer by a physician could they be transferred.
They were medically stable, which allowed them to be transported. But they were also infectious, which required them to be quarantined. But his order REQUIRED nursing homes to take in infectious patients. I really don't know why uo are having problem grasping this.

Why cover it up? First I have no evidence yet that he DID try to cover it up...
You should really try and follow the news before you defend this scumbag any more.

Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster? Or are you just being a dick and misquoting me?

They were medically stable, which allowed them to be transported. But they were also infectious, which required them to be quarantined. But his order REQUIRED nursing homes to take in infectious patients. I really don't know why uo are having problem grasping this.

You should really try and follow the news before you defend this scumbag any more.

Yeah no.. medically stable in this case included not infectious since they had actual symptoms which sent them into the hospital..

and as far as proof..?

Neither of your articles really show more than an opinion piece.. and that there is allegations that he hid nursing home numbers. No actual evidence as of yet.

I am not defending cuomo.

I am defending the medical facts.

Back
Top Bottom