• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor Christie comments on “teachers unions gone wild” video

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Governor Chris Christie comments on the recently publicized “teachers unions gone wild” video, and it ain't pretty. For those of you that haven't seen the video he's talking about (democrats, liberals), you can watch it here.

See Governor Christie's comments

Is this who you want running our educational system? If so, vote democrat next Tuesday and you will not only get these kind of people running our schools, you will also fund their benefits and retirement pensions that are bankrupting America.

Last edited:
If so, vote democrat next Tuesday and you will not only get these kind of people running our schools, you will also fund their benefits and retirement pensions that are bankrupting America.

Is that what is bankrupting America? I thought it was two wars, rising health care costs, and the crash of a poorly regulated financial sector. Thank you for this enlightened view.

Governor Chris Christie comments on the recently publicized “teachers unions gone wild” video, and it ain't pretty. For those of you that haven't seen the video he's talking about (democrats, liberals), you can watch it here.

Is this who you want running our educational system? If so, vote democrat next Tuesday and you will not only get these kind of people running our schools, you will also fund their benefits and retirement pensions that are bankrupting America.

Yes, outrageous. And it's nation-wide. Honestly, it's not even just our educational system. It's all government employees -- from the municipal level right through to national. We are being scrood. Our representatives do nothing but kick the can down the road. Government unions should be outlawed. We really need to rise up and demand change. But I sure don't know how we'd ever do it. No one is listening.

In Illinois, underfunded obligations of the pension and retiree health plans for state workers total $130 Billion. $25,000 per Illinois household. I'm sure New Jersey and other states aren't that far behind.

It is outrageous. And we are helpless.

Is that what is bankrupting America? I thought it was two wars, rising health care costs, and the crash of a poorly regulated financial sector. Thank you for this enlightened view.

that's at the national level. at the state level it's public employee pensions.

Government unions should be outlawed.

yes, bingo, exactly. Unions are part of the market in the private sector, where they can't suck too much off of the business they are attached to, or else the host dies and the parasite with it. with government, however, the 'bosses' pay no penalty for endlessly increasing the union benefits and the 'owners' have little to no say. unions can just keep sucking more and more and more until the whole system collapses (as some states and localities seem poised to do).

Outlaw Government Employee Unions.

Let me make a correction, so maybe CriticalThought could give us some "critical thought" about the actual topic of this thread.

Is this who you want running our educational system? If so, vote democrat next Tuesday and you will not only get these kind of people running our schools, you will also fund their benefits and retirement pensions that are helping to bankrupt America.

There... All better now?

I anxiously await your take on the video and Christie's response to it.

What's bankrupting the United States of America is legislators at all levels of government lining their own pockets at the expense of the rest of us . . . ensuring their own re-election through the use of entitlements at the expense of the rest of us . . . being bought off by government unions . . . providing pensions and healthcare to public employees that make the private sector drool . . . an unending spending spree at taxpayer expense. There are many components to the problem. Government employee pension and healthcare costs, and their underfunding, are one of the larger ones.

Grim's view is enlightened. Yours is not.

Hey CriticalThought... Where did you go buddy? Still waiting for your take on the actual topic.

As a teacher, I must say I wasn't surprised at all by that video.

As a teacher, I must say I wasn't surprised at all by that video.

Mellie, you are the most enlightened and fair-minded teacher I've ever had occasion to interact with. You are truly an exception.

Mellie, you are the most enlightened and fair-minded teacher I've ever had occasion to interact with. You are truly an exception.

Oh my gosh. Thank you, Maggie. Very sweet. :)

I don't buy into the notion that all teachers need a raise, all teachers are wonderfully sweet, all teachers love their jobs..... It's just not true. Now, I do know a select few teachers that are absolutely FABULOUS. I envy them. I look to them to help me become better. I'm thinking of one in particular right now who is close to retirement. I don't know what I'm going to do without her. She's my inspiration. :(

Back
Top Bottom