• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor Abbot closing the Texas Louisiana border noon Monday

SLC

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
They are closing the bridges between Louisiana and Texas starting noon Monday. This stuff is getting serious.

That’s an interesting decision, seeing as Louisiana has a lockdown in place and Texas doesn’t.

Does there happen to be a link for this story?

They are closing the bridges between Louisiana and Texas starting noon Monday. This stuff is getting serious.

I don't really understand the logistics of how the police are going to enforce a 14-day self-quarantine for travelers exactly. Either they quarantine you or they do not.

I don't really understand the logistics of how the police are going to enforce a 14-day self-quarantine for travelers exactly. Either they quarantine you or they do not.

Won't work. I lived on that border for almost three decades, and I could get in and out of those states with the police having no idea of all the what ways and this ways of doing it.

Wasn't texas always trying to secede anyway ;)

This is going to be fantastic courtroom stuff. The commerce clause is more or less up for grabs.

That’s an interesting decision, seeing as Louisiana has a lockdown in place and Texas doesn’t.

Does there happen to be a link for this story?

And they both have weird churches. It's not like you're safer in Texas.

common cold

Limbaugh

won't this disrupt trucking traffic at a critical time?

Won't work. I lived on that border for almost three decades, and I could get in and out of those states with the police having no idea of all the what ways and this ways of doing it.

Not by road you can't.

What's that got to do with anything?

Aside from having 1000 people smashed together in a church in Louisiana during a pandemic? Nothing.

I just think if Texas was serious about slowing the spread of the virus, they might institute some lockdown measures of their own.

It doesn't count if a native Texan has it.

It’s official: Republicans have a border fetish. You don’t need to fix your own issues if you just close your borders. It’s the solution to all life’s problems.

It’s official: Republicans have a border fetish. You don’t need to fix your own issues if you just close your borders. It’s the solution to all life’s problems.

Until you run out of people to blame.

And then you screech that it's all Obama's fault anyway.

Until you run out of people to blame.

And then you screech that it's all Obama's fault anyway.

Or that it is Oklahoma's fault, the Texans' final line of defense.

Back
Top Bottom