• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Government Workers__What a waste of tax-dollars!

Empirica

~Transcend~
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Has anyone ever noticed that the majority of local, state and federal government employees are slow, lazy, unqualified, wasteful, inefficient, apathetic, rude, arrogant, overpaid and appear to have absolutely no fear of losing their job; military excluded?

And when a work-place infraction does result in punishment, it's usually an unscheduled paid vacation_

And the worse the infraction by an employee, the longer their unscheduled paid vacation usually lasts_

And nowhere else are such poor job performances rewarded with generous raises, bonuses and promotions_

It seems whoever does the hiring makes a conscious effort to seek out the worst and keep them that way_

On top of that, taxpayers must pay these people's overly-abundant retirement entitlements until they die!

What's really unfortunate is, the majority of the jobs they perform are a total unnecessary waste of money_

So the only rational explanation is; unnecessary jobs do not require a quality work force to perform them!

Indicating that the Government is simply providing jobs to an otherwise unemployable group of Americans!

Has anyone ever noticed that the majority of local, state and federal government employees are slow, lazy, unqualified, wasteful, inefficient, apathetic, rude, arrogant, overpaid and appear to have absolutely no fear of losing their job; military excluded?

And when a work-place infraction does result in punishment, it's usually an unscheduled paid vacation_

And the worse the infraction by an employee, the longer their unscheduled paid vacation usually lasts_

And nowhere else are such poor job performances rewarded with generous raises, bonuses and promotions_

It seems whoever does the hiring makes a conscious effort to seek out the worst and keep them that way_

On top of that, taxpayers must pay these people's overly-abundant retirement entitlements until they die!

What's really unfortunate is, the majority of the jobs they perform are a total unnecessary waste of money_

So the only rational explanation is; unnecessary jobs do not require a quality work force to perform them!

Indicating that the Government is simply providing jobs to an otherwise unemployable group of Americans!
So we should cut their funding and lay all of them off right? Who needs air traffic control!

So we should cut their funding and lay all of them off right? Who needs air traffic control!

Haha, Empirica probably just went to the DMV today!

Frankly I don't think you have the slightest idea about federal employees, or any others for that matter. Your statements are silly and unsubstantiated to say the least.

Oh God, the stupid rightwing lazy gummit worker meme.

And all based on "has anybody noticed".

Like clockwork.

I've seen no more tendency for incompetence among public sector workers than private, although it seems many tend to generalize much more often when criticizing government employees. Rude or slow DMV employees are chalked up as typical behavior and skill sets, while a fan clutch put on with two bolts missing at Auto Zone is only indicative of that particular employee or branch. Pretty silly stuff.

Unnecessary public sector employees should be terminated with extreme prejudice to nullify entitlements_

And Air Traffic Control would be much more efficient and cost effective if it were a private sector enterprise_

you are not a lefty ,emprica

government is not your business :mrgreen:

Unnecessary public sector employees should be terminated with extreme prejudice to nullify entitlements_

And Air Traffic Control would be much more efficient and cost effective if it were a private sector enterprise_
Oh goodness, what entitlements are you talking about? Yeah, the private sector would do great running air traffic just like they have running prisons and health insurance.

you are not a lefty ,emprica

government is not your business :mrgreen:
Government is every taxpayer's business_

And the more taxes you pay; the more your business it is_

I thank you for your contribution to this thread Medusa! :thumbs:

Oh goodness, what entitlements are you talking about? Yeah, the private sector would do great running air traffic just like they have running prisons and health insurance.

Running prisons is a function of the state. It has nothing in common with air traffic control or health insurance.

Yes, we want the airline industry deciding whether to increase profits or not by scheduling landings and takeoffs themselves, without oversight.

Great idea.

Wait, we used to do that. It didn't work! In fact the airline industry was instrumental in starting the FAA to deal with unsafe competitors undercutting prices by being reckless.

History

Oh market evangelists and their empty talking points.

Government is every taxpayer's business_

And the more taxes you pay; the more your business it is_

I thank you for your contribution to this thread Medusa! :thumbs:

l already expect you to see the goverment from a greedy capitalist point of view

:cool:

Running prisons is a function of the state. It has nothing in common with air traffic control or health insurance.
Public safety and proper ethics are prime concerns in all three areas in question. That is what they have in common.

If you check, you will find that private sector prisons are indeed more efficient and cost effective than their public sector counterparts_

And it's no secret that the United States has the finest doctors, equipment, hospitals and research facilities in the world, although that may soon be a thing of the past with the launching of Obamacare_

And insurance companies have actually done a pretty good job at providing medical coverage to millions of Americans at competitive rates for many decades, which hasn't been easy with government doing just about everything in its power to regulate health care and insurers out of business_

You need to abandon the left-wing propaganda and seek out the truth Ari__Government is not your friend!

Like it was their fault. :roll:

Oh God, the stupid rightwing lazy gummit worker meme.

And all based on "has anybody noticed".

Like clockwork.

I'm rightwing, and made no such statements in post #4. Buddy, you really ought to get yourself a pair of reading glass, to help stop posting foolish nonsense.

I'm rightwing, and made no such statements in post #4. Buddy, you really ought to get yourself a pair of reading glass, to help stop posting foolish nonsense.

Psst: Actually you usually do say stupid things like this, but in this case you can pretend not to -- I was referring to the OP.

However, I'm sure before the thread is through you'll support the idiocy of the OP, so you're only putting off the inevitable.

I would like for you to take a job as a wildland firefighter. Yep, overpaid, underworked.:mrgreen:
If you think they are overpaid, you should look into what a private wildland crew costs compared to a govt. one.

I will agree there are some dead weight in the govt. sector. Can you show that the private sector has no lazy, overpaid, dead weight employees?

Haha, Empirica probably just went to the DMV today!

My favorite story about some government employees originates at a NYS DMV.

Registering several vehicles. Wait in line, finally get to window, filling out forms and such. Employee walks away, goes behind a wall. I wait, figure she went to get another form or something.
And wait. And wait..... 10 minutes goes by, I finally lean in the window a bit and ask another employee where she went. The other employees response?

'She went on break' :lol:

My anecdote is about the private sector. American Airlines CEO Tom Horton drove his company into bankruptcy in 2005. He got a $20M severance pay check.

At least public workers don't get millions of dollars in bonuses when they screw up.

Psst: Actually you usually do say stupid things like this, but in this case you can pretend not to -- I was referring to the OP.

However, I'm sure before the thread is through you'll support the idiocy of the OP, so you're only putting off the inevitable.

Hold your breath.

My anecdote is about the private sector. American Airlines CEO Tom Horton drove his company into bankruptcy in 2005. He got a $20M severance pay check.

At least public workers don't get millions of dollars in bonuses when they screw up.

You're right, they only get hundred of thousands for murder or paid time off, ref: Nidal Hassan and Lois Lerner. Agree though on anecdotes. More of light-hearted conversation than trying to make a point, admittedly.

Back
Top Bottom