• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Government Workers Who Aren't Getting Paid

donhughesmusic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
President Trump said in his press conference about government workers who aren't getting "next weeks pay":

"The people that won't get next week's pay, or the following week's pay, I think if you ever really looked at those people, I think they'd say 'Mr. President, keep going. This is far more important,'"

My question is this:

Who? Show me one person who isn't getting paid who would rather have a border wall built than put food on the table for their family, or pay the mortgage, or light bill, or kid's medical bills.

Show me one person who isn't getting paid who would rather have a border wall built than get their tax refund check on time that they need to get their kids some extra clothing since... you know... KIDS GROW OUT OF THEIR CLOTHES!!!

Show me one person who isn't getting paid who would rather have a border wall built than have money to put in the gas tank so they can get their kids to basketball games, and soccer practice, and band practice, and doctors appointments.

SHOW ME!!!

President Trump said in his press conference about government workers who aren't getting "next weeks pay":

"The people that won't get next week's pay, or the following week's pay, I think if you ever really looked at those people, I think they'd say 'Mr. President, keep going. This is far more important,'"

My question is this:

Who? Show me one person who isn't getting paid who would rather have a border wall built than put food on the table for their family, or pay the mortgage, or light bill, or kid's medical bills.

Show me one person who isn't getting paid who would rather have a border wall built than get their tax refund check on time that they need to get their kids some extra clothing since... you know... KIDS GROW OUT OF THEIR CLOTHES!!!

Show me one person who isn't getting paid who would rather have a border wall built than have money to put in the gas tank so they can get their kids to basketball games, and soccer practice, and band practice, and doctors appointments.

SHOW ME!!!

Sheesh.

This kerfuffle has been only going on for two weeks, actually 7 business days when you exclude weekends and holidays. They will receive backpay when the shutdown is over.

These people are not losing money. Give me a friggin break!!!

Why are kids these days, so upset about a damn wall?

My question is this:

SHOW ME!!!

They wont show you because they cant. Its more Trump BS.

My question is this:

SHOW ME!!!

That reminds me of an old Xerox management statement that said its workers are not motivated by money.

:screwy

Sheesh.

This kerfuffle has been only going on for two weeks, actually 7 business days when you exclude weekends and holidays. They will receive backpay when the shutdown is over.

Many contractors are losing money because the shutdown won't pay them back, and if it goes on for months, there will be much pain felt

Sheesh.

There are tons of thousands of federal contract workers... custodians, security guards, etc., who will not be getting back pay. My cousin is married to a contracted worker and this is already a terrifying ordeal for them given they have to support two kids.

Hey! Farmers are getting their asses kicked and they supported Trump. Companies that import goods are feeling the pain. Veterans largely supported Trump and their hands are pretty much empty. Evangelicals have nothing to show for their support of Trump. Why shouldn't another group like forest rangers and TSA agents take a beating? This all about MAGA, people quit your whining.

It doesn't matter what the elected officials in Congress want. Trump will have whatever he wants. Deal with it. You are not dealing with a normal human being here. Give him his $5 billion or Trump will slit the throats of everyone in this country if that's what it takes.

It is now almost 16 days... They most certainly are losing money. If you truly think that if this shutdown goes a few months "which President Trump has threatened" mortgage companies and bill collectors will just wait for all that back pay and not start reposessing cars and homes, then you are not in touch with reality.

I work for a rent to own company... I guarantee you that they won't wait months for payments.

As I said before...

SHOW ME!!

Back
Top Bottom