• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Government shutdown stops FDA food safety inspections

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...own-stops-fda-food-safety-inspections-n956716

"There are important things we are not doing," FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb says.

The ongoing federal government shutdown has stopped most food safety inspections, but the Food and Drug Administration is planning to resume at least some of them. To do it, the agency will have to force furloughed workers to come back without pay.

FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb said he is trying to pinpoint the most essential inspections, while making sure that employees do not suffer too much.
=========================================
Recent outbreaks of crop-borne illnesses like Salmonella should make that area one of the 'essential inspections.'

... but, the wall... the crisis at the border!

Trump smacks America, says "look what you made me do!"

Eating contaminated food to own the libs!

Great reason to endanger public health.

Trump Pelosi and Chuck all said:
Let them eat cake.

One side would rather people die in the street unless they get a wall, the other would rather they die in the streets than approve a wall. Perfect example of people putting ego above country on both sides

Good. The FDAs rules and regulations were worthless anyway.

Good. The FDAs rules and regulations were worthless anyway.

So you would like your sausage to contain more rat dropping and maggots in it? Maybe you would prefer to play mad cow roulette when it comes to a T-bone. Maybe you would prefer sugar pills instead of the medications you take, if any at all. Or have you been secretly hoping to peddle some Uncle Tom's Cure All. Good for curing tooth aches, AIDS, and removing brake dust.

So you would like your sausage to contain more rat dropping and maggots in it? Maybe you would prefer to play mad cow roulette when it comes to a T-bone. Maybe you would prefer sugar pills instead of the medications you take, if any at all. Or have you been secretly hoping to peddle some Uncle Tom's Cure All. Good for curing tooth aches, AIDS, and removing brake dust.

How about my peanut butter being pissed on by a leaky rusted roof? Or my wife getting ovarian cancer cause she slightly powdered “ down there “?

How about my peanut butter being pissed on by a leaky rusted roof? Or my wife getting ovarian cancer cause she slightly powdered “ down there “?

I would like all of my food to contain LESS DIPTHERIA , E-COLI and all the OTHER PATHOGENS ILLEGALS HANDLING IT INSTALL.

At least the FDA "protected us" from THALIDAMIDE, VALIUM, RITALIN, PROZAC, etc., etc., ...oh..wait a minute.....

Nothing is perfect but without the FDA your wife could of been Using scented glass shards for a fresher feeling. And it could of been John adding his special man juice to make your Jiffy creamy. All without any oversight or warnings

Nothing is perfect but without the FDA your wife could of been Using scented glass shards for a fresher feeling. And it could of been John adding his special man juice to make your Jiffy creamy. All without any oversight or warnings

It was Peter Pan. Not Jiff. And Johnson & Johnson, not glass shards.

I would like all of my food to contain LESS DIPTHERIA , E-COLI and all the OTHER PATHOGENS ILLEGALS HANDLING IT INSTALL.

At least the FDA "protected us" from THALIDAMIDE, VALIUM, RITALIN, PROZAC, etc., etc., ...oh..wait a minute.....

If you would like a nice friendly debate I am game. If you want to yell and scream with your CAPS on then **** off.

Government shutdown stops FDA food safety inspections

that's unfortunate. as someone who has worked as a microbiologist in food safety, trust me, you don't want this.

It was my understanding talcum was believed to be the cause. Is it brand specific to just J&J or are they just the biggest players

It was my understanding talcum was believed to be the cause. Is it brand specific to just J&J or are they just the biggest players

They are the ones being sued the greatest amounts and the most times.

Trump Pelosi and Chuck all said:
Let them eat cake.

One side would rather people die in the street unless they get a wall, the other would rather they die in the streets than approve a wall. Perfect example of people putting ego above country on both sides

That's wrong.

My side says "Where is the evidence that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling?" This makes sense.

Until they can produce the evidence, I agree with you regarding the Trump base.

That's wrong.

My side says "Where is the evidence that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling?" This makes sense.

Until they can produce the evidence, I agree with you regarding the Trump base.
Its right
Your side was fine with building wall segments a few years back when your guy was in charge.
Now that the other guy wants to build more your side is in opposition.

Glad you agree about the Trump base all you gotta do is include the Pelosi Chuck base and you would be right.

Its right
Your side was fine with building wall segments a few years back when your guy was in charge.
Now that the other guy wants to build more your side is in opposition.

Glad you agree about the Trump base all you gotta do is include the Pelosi Chuck base and you would be right.

If you don’t support building a wall the entire length of the Canadian border, this is a hypocritical and worthless argument to make.

Radioactive water was literally a product in this country.

You seem to be arguing in favor of increasing your wife’s risk of ovarian cancer and I really can’t figure out why that is

Oh too bad you didn't eat the lettuce a few months ago just to prove your point...

The point was that people have already deduced what’s going on by the time the FDA gets around to telling everyone not to eat the lettuce. The damage is already done and it’s only real use is to identify the source. Of course, nobody wants to dig through the packages at the grocery store to read the fine print about where their lettuce is processed so that’s not very useful either. People just stop buying lettuce.

Apparently you have never worked in a food processing facility, nearly 100% of the time the migrant workers out perform and are by far more vigilant than any other workers.

I would never eat a can of pumpkin that was not cleaned by a migrant worker.

As I will not be able to know anymore I don't eat canned pumpkin...

Back
Top Bottom