• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Government shutdown: John Boehner’s private fight for Hill health subsidies

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
With the federal government nearing shutdown, House Speaker John Boehner stood on the House floor Monday and called on his colleagues to vote for a bill banning a “so-called exemption” that lawmakers and staffers receive for their health insurance.

“Why don’t we make sure that every American is treated just like we are?” Boehner asked, seeking to prohibit members of Congress and Capitol Hill aides from getting thousands of dollars in subsidies for their health insurance as they join Obamacare-mandated insurance exchanges.

Yet behind-the-scenes, Boehner and his aides worked for months with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), and others, to save these very same, long-standing subsidies, according to documents and e-mails provided to POLITICO. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was also aware of these discussions, the documents show.

Read more: Government shutdown: John Boehner

like I've posted many times before the biggest problem with the republican party there are to many democrats in it
If the republican party wants to survive they need to get rid of the Boehners. McCains, Kings, and Grahams out of the party and force them over to the democrats where they belong

I have stuck up for the republican party as a whole for far to long and im tired of these two faced rino liars making a fool out of me. from here on out the party can go to hell I will only endorse selected true conservative, libertarians, and constitutionalist in the party

Last edited:
Welcome to the fold brother. Saw that years ago and switched to independent. I will say most elections are a choice between the giant douche and the turd sandwich anyway.

Welcome to the fold brother. Saw that years ago and switched to independent. I will say most elections are a choice between the giant douche and the turd sandwich anyway.

for all my life up to 6 years ago I was a registered republican until the last Iraqi war made me rethink my decision. I thought about becoming a registered conservative. I was in line with their platform of fiscal conservatism and constitutionalist, but couldn't stomach their hard line stance on social issue like abortion and gay marriage. I feel women have a right of choice, but abortion needs to be very restrictive and not go beyond 12 weeks unless it jeopardizes the life of the mother rape and incest. just like theabortion laws in most European nations. I believe the government needs to get out of the business of recognizing the institution of marriage all together have both gay and straight couples sign a contract of a civil union, and that and only that is recognized in the eyes of the law. let religious institution handle the so called title of marriage.

So I looked into the Libertarian party and they best fit my beliefs. im not a hard core libertarian that believes in legalizing all drugs. and strict isolationist. I believe in the legalization of pot but not anything harder and some wars are necessary like the first gulf war and Afghanistan, but other then that im in line with most of their platform of limited government, fiscal conservatism, and being a strict adherents to the constitution

I've equated the two sides as choosing between **** and a pepsi, and **** and a coca cola. No matter whether you choose Pepsi or Coke, you still have **** in your hands and THAT is the important thing to realize.

When you think the GOP is too liberal these days... I don't even know how to talk to you.

Back
Top Bottom