• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Government can do it... NOT!

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
PROMISES TO GET BILLS PASSED VS. REALITY

1909 (TAFT): ONLY “THE RICH” WILL PAY INCOME TAXES

1916 ONLY 0.5% PEOPLE PAID TAX. THEY EARNED THE EQUIVALENT OF $250,000 TODAY AND
PAID 1% TODAY 59% PAY TAXES

1936 (F.D.R.): SOCIAL SECURITY TAX WILL BE THREE CENTS FOR EVERY DOLLAR “THAT IS THE
MOST YOU WILL EVER PAY” (Now it is 7.5 %)

1966 (L.B.J.): MEDICARE WILL COST $12,000,000,000 IN 1990.

1990 IT COST $107,000,000,000 (9 TIMES WRONG!)

Section 1801 of 1965 Medicare Act promises no interference or supervision in medical care.

1988 (GEORGE H.W. BUSH) “Read my lips: ‘No new taxes.’”

2009 (OBAMA) STIMULUS PACKAGE TO PREVENT UNEMPLOYMENT REACHING 8% (ACTUALLY 9.7%+)

2009 (OBAMA) 10 YEAR DEFICIT WILL BE 7 TRILLION (ALREADY READJUSTED TO 9 TRILLION)

2009 (OBAMA) YOU GET TO KEEP YOUR MEDICAL INSURANCE

2009 (OBAMA) HEALTHCARE ACT WILL BE DEFICIT NEUTRAL

2009 (OBAMA) THERE WILL BE NO PAYMENTS FOR ABORTION

2009 (OBAMA) THERE WILL BE NO RATIONING (NO “DEATH PANELS”)

WHY TRUST PATHOLOGICALLY PREVARICATING UNCLE SAM WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY AND

POWER FOR THE GOVERNMENT?

GOVERNMENT WE CAN BELIEVE IN! WOW!

You do understand two basic concepts of politics and governing:

1) Say what you need to do get elected.

2) Sometimes the times change that affect promises you made, rendering them no longer feasible.

You do understand two basic concepts of politics and governing:

1) Say what you need to do get elected.

2) Sometimes the times change that affect promises you made, rendering them no longer feasible.

Well the people I vote for I look to see if they believe what they say basted of past actions.

If they wont to be elected of cores they do they ran for bloody offices.

There more to live then having what you wont. Its making sheer every one els gets what they wont to.

Its not the out come, its the effort that matters. We don't always get what we wont. If what we wont is what we stand for thats good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom