• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Government asks troops if they would dearm Americans.

Youve Got To Be Kidding!

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone know anything about that. I cant remember the facts but I do know that government asked if the military would dearm citizens. Asked troops how they felt about it or something to that extent. Wondering if anyone knows anything bout this.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
Anyone know anything about that. I cant remember the facts but I do know that government asked if the military would dearm citizens. Asked troops how they felt about it or something to that extent. Wondering if anyone knows anything bout this.

Have you ever tried "google"?

You'll have to use the word disarm to get Google to do its job on this one.

I think I heard about it on G. Gordon Liddy's radio show in the mid to late nineties. IIRC, it wasn't the govt that asked. It was a survey for someone's psych paper or some such. I think that the someone w/ the paper was a member of the military, but it wasn't gov't business that prompted teh questionaire.

IIRC, it was marines who were asked.

Maybe I'm don't recall correctly though.

Thanks for that .... Cool it fits pretty good. Has to be what I was lookin for. Thank you much.

These questins were posed in the 1994 I beive. Theyy asked all briugade commanders of 101st and 82nd if they would engage civilains in an insurection scenario. Most of the brigade CO's responces were to offer the people writing the question some suggestions about what they could do with spare. Go play with themselves..ya know.

Also AF pilots were asked questions about firing on Civilains. 15 of the Men asked walked from the AF after being asked. They all had 15+ years in.

in realated topic the Us military has been running manuevers that involv militant US civilains and Us potesters for yeas. This is a fact. I will look for links if possible to that as I am sure somebody will ask for one. May not be any but its happening.

Search for a book by McFann I think his name is. USN Commander at the time. He wrote the questions and the book I belive. I will look further and see if I can get the full book name.

Their is no way I would disarm American citizens if I was a soldier. I might join revolting Americans, but I certainly wouldn't disarm them. I strongly believe in the individual right to keep and bear arms. The original intent of the second amendment was a check against large standing armies and if I were to obey such an order, I would be betraying the principles of this nation.

It's not even an issue. I'm betting the reason for the test had something to do with something else and not solely on what you think.

I also highly doubt that 15 Fly boys walked off of the job because of this. I love rumors. Sometimes, I start my own just to see if it gets around.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
It's not even an issue. I'm betting the reason for the test had something to do with something else and not solely on what you think.

I also highly doubt that 15 Fly boys walked off of the job because of this. I love rumors. Sometimes, I start my own just to see if it gets around.

The answer to this question is a no brainer to me. Many people argue that the second amendment only gave states the right to have a militia. But they fail to consider what consisted of the militia at the time the constitution was written. The militia consisted of everyday people of the community and the right to keep and bear arms in my view was intended as an individual right, because the average male citizen was a member of the militia. So, by default, when the founding fathers stated militia, they were stating the average citizen had the right to keep and bear arms and still strongly believe in this right. You have to understand that what the founding fathers accomplished was overthrowing the tyranny of a king and replacing it with a government with more rights. Most of the amendments written in the constitution were designed to right a wrong that was committed by the British and the second amendment goes hand in hand with a free people. It was designed as a check against a large standing army which could be turned against the people of this nation.

Back
Top Bottom