• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov Shutdown confuses and concerns rest of the world

Higgins86

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
BBC News - US shutdown has other nations confused and concerned

Interesting article which highlights how globalisation makes a countries internal political issues more global.

Good quote

"Globalisation … means every country is in it together," writes David Blanchflower in the Independent in the UK. "Americans sneeze and Brits catch the flu."

This morning, before I even got to work (I own a sign shop), we had a PO faxed to us from the Government Procurement Office.

It was for 20,000 "Out of Business" signs.

Those signs might be posted until they place another order for "Under New Management" signs.

The American people never wanted globalisation to begin with. It's been forced upon us by presidents and congresses since Ike. That said, I suppose the up side is that we have made ourselves too big to fail.

Why would I have any concern about the wants of elitist in other countries?

Does it mean the NSA has stopped spying on us?

Hey, I too can have a dream!

Last edited:
Btw, congress still gets paid.

Does it mean the NSA has stopped spying on us?

Hey, I too can have a dream!

Just for a few days. You will need to keep a log on the websites you visited.

BBC News - US shutdown has other nations confused and concerned

Interesting article which highlights how globalisation makes a countries internal political issues more global.

Good quote

"Globalisation … means every country is in it together," writes David Blanchflower in the Independent in the UK. "Americans sneeze and Brits catch the flu."

Yep! The President didn't slow spending in time. On the other hand, he did slow the recession.

This morning, before I even got to work (I own a sign shop), we had a PO faxed to us from the Government Procurement Office.

It was for 20,000 "Out of Business" signs.

Those signs might be posted until they place another order for "Under New Management" signs.

How much are all these signs costing tax payers? :doh

Government shutdown is fine with me. The losers are 320 million strong. As far as Globalization is concerned isn't NSA spying globalization?

I really thought they'd come to a decision like they have all the other times. My question is-are we going to be dealing with this every stinking year?? Threats of gov't shutdown??

Back
Top Bottom