• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov Northam has a new story

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
When the picture of Northam came out, he apologized for it. Now he has a new story. He is now claiming it is not him in either the blackface or the KKK hood.

How democrat of him.

Democrats will force him out.

Now, what's the deal with Steve King?

So this new story is from a source, not directly from the gov. Refusing to resign is fine, but if he actually comes out now and says it ISN’T him, then his deceptive wishywashyness puts him in an even worse light. But I don’t know if that is the case yet.

70276ef9dec9ccb85cba7030e458b917.jpg70276ef9dec9ccb85cba7030e458b917.jpg

5c54bc13031d0.image.jpg

Same old song and dance. Nothing changed in the democrat party. At all. They just got really really good at ****ing over black people.

Is there an identifying ring or tattoo visible in the racist photo? Perhaps studio-software like Photoshop could digitally remove the blackface?

His disavowal seems lame. I would certainly remember if I ever wore blackface or donned a KKK costume (provided I wasn't Kavanaugh drunk at the time).

So, you no longer know if you are one of the people in a photo taken when you were 25 years old? I would know if a photo shown to me was a photo of me taken when I was 25 years old. Really pretty lame.

What is he going to say next, that he took one just like it at 25 but just does not know if this is exactly that photo? Is he going to claim that it has been photoshopped to look worse than the photo he remembers? Well OK....do you have the original to compare to it?

Last edited:
Gov Northam is about to make live statement.

He brought the wife for the photo op. He claims he saw it for first time yesterday and he isn’t a person in the photo claiming he didn’t buy the yearbook. He admits to Michael Jackson blackface impersonation around same time for a dance contest. He is pleading but I’m a good Democrat now so I’m not going to resign.

I doubt he will survive the scandal more than a few weeks

He brought the wife for the photo op. He claims he saw it for first time yesterday and he isn’t a person in the photo claiming he didn’t buy the yearbook. He admits to Michael Jackson blackface impersonation around same time for a dance contest. He is pleading but I’m a good Democrat now so I’m not going to resign.

I doubt he will survive the scandal more than a few weeks

Trump has said and done worse than this, and survived it enough to win the presidency, but then again racist and vile behavior is accepted in the GOP, so...

I don't think Northam can survive just on a unsubstantiated claim that its not him in the photo. its his page in the yearbook and not having bought the thing does not get it done Governor. If all he is going to do is say "believe me" I would have to suggest, good luck with that Gov.

You......you do realize Truman is the one who desegregated the armed forces....right?

Maybe if conservatives actually read some actual history, instead of jerking off to the same old fairy tales, you’d know that.

You do realize EO 9981 allowed for more black soldiers to be placed in combat arms units; units that would see action first vice last. Right?

During WW2, all black combat arms units were held as division reserves.

In summary, Northam is a victim. Photo mix up.
His very vivid memory kicked in after he apologized for being in the photograph.

The Democrats supported the Civil Rights Act. The Republican nominee, Goldwater, did not.

The single biggest piece of legislation to help Blacks was not supported by the Republican party leader.

That's reality.

The Supreme Court ruled segregation was unconstitutional. Conservatives like Goldwater still insisted that states like Mississippi should have the right to segregate. The familiar "states rights."

Last edited:
In summary, Northam is a victim. Photo mix up.
His very vivid memory kicked in after he apologized for being in the photograph.

I think that is his issue at this point. If he had made the very same comments first, he would have a much better shot at pulling this off. It would seem to me that he could not definitively say that he was not one of the characters in the photo when he first commented. Well if that were the case, why say anything yesterday. He is setting himself up for a charge that at the very least the photo was not out of character for him suggested by the way he has handled this and I just don't see how he survives that. Northam can change his party affiliation and get along just swimmingly as a Republican.

This also provides another example of how racially incentive and biased we are and were even in 1984. Northam's comments that there are many black face photos in the yearbook of that year speaks volumes to where we were in 1984 and where we are today as well.

News for you, bud. Democrat and liberal aren't interchangeable. There used to be lots of conservative Democrats. Liberal Republicans, too.
The world isn't and never was as black and white as you-all try to make it.
News for you. Democrats were racist pieces of **** then. Are racist pieces of **** now. Nothing has changed...they just got better at using black people.

The Democrats supported the Civil Rights Act. The Republican nominee, Goldwater, did not.

The single biggest piece of legislation to help Blacks was not supported by the Republican party leader.

That's reality.

The Supreme Court ruled segregation was unconstitutional. Conservatives like Goldwater still insisted that states like Mississippi should have the right to segregate. The familiar "states rights."

By party
The record of the roll call vote kept by the House Clerk on final passage of the bill

The original House version:[22]

Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)

Cloture in the Senate:[23]

Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version:[22]

Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[22]

Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

And the only reason LBJ signed it was to in his words keep those niggers voting democrat for the next 200 years.

Democrats never changed their spots. They just got REALLY good at causing the death of black Americans.

You......you do realize Truman is the one who desegregated the armed forces....right?

Maybe if conservatives actually read some actual history, instead of jerking off to the same old fairy tales, you’d know that.
Harry S in his own words...
GTD4BAMU54Z45IFZ3YICZTVNRM.jpg

Democrats have made several decisions in order to exploit black Americans. Truman is no different than LBJ.

ole vance has gone full....never mind. Can't post it without getting reported.

Back
Top Bottom