• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov Northam has a new story

I see. So my statement on the binary thought processes of Trump haters is an opinion but your statement about Trump supporters is a fact. Uh huh....

trump supporters=ignorant uneducated white men

trump supporters=ignorant uneducated white men

Hey, some black people support Trump. Are they ignorant and uneducated, too? How about immigrants who support Trump? Why do you hate black people and immigrants?:lamo

ALL? Nah...I reckon 'all' of them collectively dont much give a **** about black people at all. But as a party? As a collective?

Well...all you have to do is loom at the results of 8 decades of loyal support.

So what the hell are you saying? Earlier you were telling us that about one half of Americans are racist pieces of ****. Now you say they don't give a ****.
Here's the thing. You and your kind seem to think that black people are so simple that they can be led around by the nose by racist pieces of **** without realizing how they're being used. That right? That what you're saying? Black simpletons are being played by white racist Democrats? Sorry, bud, but black people know more than you about who's been using them, who's been denigrating them. You and your ilk tell each other that they vote Democrat because they're ignorant of history and they're easily played but the average black person knows as much about politics as you do.
You ****ing guys are so scrambled up in your rhetoric you don't know any more what you're saying. You're just shooting off in all directions. If you all don't smarten up and pay attention you'll be spending a very long time on the political scrapheap.

Hey, some black people support Trump. Are they ignorant and uneducated, too? How about immigrants who support Trump? Why do you hate black people and immigrants?:lamo

Does your 'veritas' tell you that an anecdote negates a principle?

Does your 'veritas' tell you that an anecdote negates a principle?

No, it tells me that liberals are susceptible to believing whatever the current buzz phrase is. It's like a security blanket.

No, it tells me that liberals are susceptible to believing whatever the current buzz phrase is. It's like a security blanket.

Apparently your version of 'veritas' is lacking in verity. And a sense of irony. Conservatives live in a buzz phrase. Conservative ideology can always be put on a bumper sticker. That's how it's sold to those on the left side of the bell curve, in single sentence bites with monosyllabic words.

The vast majority of trump supporters are ignorant white men....Usually living in a Red State or rural America...Deal with it

Democrats will force him out.

Now, what's the deal with Steve King?

Democrats resign, Republicans are victims of the Vast Liberal Conspiracy. Simple when you look at it like that, no?

With all due respect, this thread has gone entirely off the rails. This is not about Left or Right or Liberal or Progressive or Conservative or Regressive either. That is the lesson of Northam.

Northam like most White people, myself included do not even see how and where what has been ingrained in all of us born in this country, Black or White or Brown or Red or Yellow turns into an inherent racial bias whether we like it or not or have opened our eyes enough to see it or not. Those of Asian decent have beaten this phenomenon better than the rest of us but not because of anything Whites have done. Those of Asian decent have simply done a better job of rejecting the entire notion of White Privilege. As such, they do not tend to contribute to their own suppression.

Every person born in this country is taught from birth that it is "better' to be White. Better in this context means more advantageous. For the longest time, Afro-Americans raised with even the slightest bit of rejection of this notion were tagged as "uppity N_____" (you can fill in the blanks). Some people may be less likely to say that in public, but its right there....right under the surface. At other times it not under the surface at all but right at the surface. Whites raised with even the slightest bit of rejection of this notion end up tagged as White Apologists.

Northam himself shows us how utterly blind he is to this phenomenon and to his own racial bias simply by the way he has handled this entire episode.

Throughout history this country has arced toward justice. But there are times when that arc is hardly noticeable as an arc at all. Sometimes it just looks like a flat line and at other times it looks like it is bent back on itself. But it does continue to arc toward justice. It arcs too fast for those that yearn for an impossible return to a time that no longer exists and is entirely contrary to the aspirational goals of the Founders. It arcs too slowly for those that have been suppressed by the actions and often the intentions of White men to remain privileged by virtue of nothing more than their gender and/or the color of their skin. White men so inclined try to hide it under all manner of blanket, including false patriotism and tradition and self-rigtiousness and party affiliation, even the Mayflower. But its really all about an assumed privilege based on gender and race.

Someday, maybe we will all not be taught this absurdity from birth. Until then....its a struggle.

So what the hell are you saying? Earlier you were telling us that about one half of Americans are racist pieces of ****. Now you say they don't give a ****.
Here's the thing. You and your kind seem to think that black people are so simple that they can be led around by the nose by racist pieces of **** without realizing how they're being used. That right? That what you're saying? Black simpletons are being played by white racist Democrats? Sorry, bud, but black people know more than you about who's been using them, who's been denigrating them. You and your ilk tell each other that they vote Democrat because they're ignorant of history and they're easily played but the average black person knows as much about politics as you do.
You ****ing guys are so scrambled up in your rhetoric you don't know any more what you're saying. You're just shooting off in all directions. If you all don't smarten up and pay attention you'll be spending a very long time on the political scrapheap.
Its quite clear what I am saying. The rat party is and always has been the party of racists. Today...they have perfected the art of ****ing over the black community in ways their Klan brethren could only have dreamed about.

See...its not at all confusing. What has you ****ting yourself (a hilarious act for someone that isnt even part of this country) is not that you are really confused, but rather, confounded. Because you know its true.

Strom Thurmon, Jesse Helms and Miles Godwin actually switched parties. George Wallace went from Democrat to Independent. White Southern Voters started switching sides from Dem to the GOP in their voting tendencies from Barry Goldwater forward and then really turned out for Republicans from the late 1990's through the early 2000's. So much for the party of Lincoln.
Wait...so you are suggesting White Southerners didnt get the memo on the party shift until 3 decades after the fact?

:lamo

Pathetic.

Its quite clear what I am saying. The rat party is and always has been the party of racists. Today...they have perfected the art of ****ing over the black community in ways their Klan brethren could only have dreamed about.

See...its not at all confusing. What has you ****ting yourself (a hilarious act for someone that isnt even part of this country) is not that you are really confused, but rather, confounded. Because you know its true.

What a sack of ****. Literally nothing in your post is the truth. You and your ilk just keep repeating and repeating and repeating the same brainless conservative tripe in the hope that repetition will create truth. It's all bull****, eveyone knows it's all bull**** except the lunatic fringe of the right whinge. I mean, seriously, do you seriously say that half of Americans are racists? More than half. Do you say that?

What a sack of ****. Literally nothing in your post is the truth. You and your ilk just keep repeating and repeating and repeating the same brainless conservative tripe in the hope that repetition will create truth. It's all bull****, eveyone knows it's all bull**** except the lunatic fringe of the right whinge. I mean, seriously, do you seriously say that half of Americans are racists? More than half. Do you say that?

Truth

3ebe7df6478837ebba261422a7df2173.jpg

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

The democrats in the Klan killed hundreds. The rat party has perfected the art.

Truth

View attachment 67249539

View attachment 67249540

The democrats in the Klan killed hundreds. The rat party has perfected the art.

The conservatives in the klan. Remember what I explained to you? It's not about Democrats and Republicans, it's about liberals and conservatives. I told you that there were conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans back then, remember? You need to think about that while you think about recent American history.

Wait...so you are suggesting White Southerners didnt get the memo on the party shift until 3 decades after the fact?

Pathetic.

No I am suggesting that stating that it did not happen at all is ludicrous and flies in the face of the history that we know.

One element to the entire story that you seem to ignore is that politics at the local and state levels at least through the mid-20th century and all the way up to the end of same moved at a snails pace in the South where the phenomenon of the east coast and west coast megalopolis simply did not and still does not exist even to this day. We get a little bit of that flavor around Dallas, Houston and Atlanta now. But that is it and even that is not built along the lines of the east and west coast megalopolis. The world center for finance and media was NY. The world center for government was DC. Heck even Connecticut got into the act as center of the Insurance Industry. The national center for the auto industry was Detroit. Chicago was the center of commodity trading and Great Lakes Trade. California became the center for American Military might particularly navel might. What the heck was the South ever the center of before oil production....cotton? Well whoppdy dingdong, that did them a lotta' good in the long run now didn't it. Maybe beef production which they hadn't the means to move to market by anything other than A CATTLE DRIVE!

Not far from the center of any "major" Southern city even today and you get back to rural America faster than you will in any of the major Eastern or Western urban environments. In that regard the South is a good 50 years behind the major East and West coast urban environments, probably somewhere between 50-100 years behind in part due to the Civil War which ripped the South to shreds. The consequence of that rural component to southern politics is the Dem party held on in local politics much longer in the South than it did in its national politics where Southerns tended to express different sentiments, national politics v local politics.

What counted in local and state politics in that mainly rural southern environment was the guy that got you that zoning variance or that water access or that small bridge over a stream that your wife had to drive around for years to get to the closest town or that clinic that got you to medical care much faster. So while the shift in national politics was faster in the South starting with the Blue Dog voter turning away from the Dem party in national elections it took a much longer period of time for local and state politics in the South to reflect that change. Invariably the guy that had gotten somebody that zoning variance, or water rites or a small bridge or a clinic where needed was a Dem politician, not a Republican and racial influences in the south became an issue of tradition and culture. Once local and state politics became less reliant on granddad's memory of who got him that zoning variance, the less hold the Dem party had on local and state politics in the South. Once over that hurdle, the shift to the GOP in local and state politics in the South was much faster and we on the whole began to associate red and blue all the way down to state and local politics.

The error many make is in assigning party affiliation as demographic drivers when in truth party affiliation is much more a consequence of demographics. The party affiliation aspect of it is a byproduct, not a catalyst. We blithely talk about red states and blue states taking no notice of the massive demographic differences that are the drivers behind the whole phenomenon of red states and blue states. We also blithely discuss our Constitutional Republic without really understanding that the way people express themselves politically at the local and state level is not always nor is it even often the same as how they express themselves in their national politics and things like who they might elect to send to DC as opposed to who they might elect to send to the mayor's or governor's office. The way to think about it is two political tides (local v national) that sometimes coincide and thus enhance each other. They are not one tide and never were one tide.

Now its shifting back again in some parts of the South mainly along lines of majority/minority population composition and its shifting back much faster than the shift from Blue Dog Southern Democrat to Republican took. It took fifty years to flip Texas and people are talking about flipping Texas now in terms of a decade. Again, major party affiliation does not drive demographics. Its the other way around.

I do wonder if the term "all politics is local" will survive things like the Internet and a general communications environment that gets information albeit often biased from one place to another in a nanosecond.

The conservatives in the klan. Remember what I explained to you? It's not about Democrats and Republicans, it's about liberals and conservatives. I told you that there were conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans back then, remember? You need to think about that while you think about recent American history.

Bull****. Democrats were and are the Klan. Democrats never changed their spots...just their tactics.

Your ridiculous bull**** rhetoric fails in the face of history.

Democrats resign, Republicans are victims of the Vast Liberal Conspiracy. Simple when you look at it like that, no?

Rush and Sean push that stuff. they both are liars that massively damage our county.

You do realize EO 9981 allowed for more black soldiers to be placed in combat arms units; units that would see action first vice last. Right?

During WW2, all black combat arms units were held as division reserves.

Which doesn't change the fact that the military was, in fact, desegregated by Truman.

Which doesn't change the fact that the military was, in fact, desegregated by Truman.

I bet you're excited about all those black soldiers being used as cannon fodder.

I bet you're excited about all those black soldiers being used as cannon fodder.

You should look up what “cannon fodder” is and then rethink whether that’s the analogy you want to to use.

Then again, I bet it really sticks in your craw that those African Americans were a hundred times better soldiers—-and men—-than your heroes.

You should look up what “cannon fodder” is and then rethink whether that’s the analogy you want to to use.

Then again, I bet it really sticks in your craw that those African Americans were a hundred times better soldiers—-and men—-than your heroes.

I know exactly what it means. Truman was trying to seperate the wheat from the chaf, in his mind. I'm sure you agree.

African Americans were a hundred times better soldiers—-and men—-than your heroes.

That's racist. :lamo

I know exactly what it means. Truman was trying to seperate the wheat from the chaf, in his mind. I'm sure you agree.

That's racist. :lamo

“Cannon fodder” were troops supposed to absorb the bulk of the enemy’s fire. It is rather hard to be “cannon fodder” when you are held away from the front.

And yes, your sniveling is rather funny.

Back
Top Bottom