• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov Newsom has the right attitude toward lifting of mask mandates..........

The anti-vaxxers and dumbasses (many who died) don't care about life.

The anti-vaxxers and dumbasses (many who died) don't care about life.
Apparently there are too many politicians on their side only thinking about how to keep getting re-elected who in reality should step aside.

Stanley Weiss, MD, professor of biostatistics and epidemiology at the Rutgers School of Public Health in Newark, NJ, says the rush to drop the mask mandate comes partly from pressure on politicians from a public reeling with COVID-19 fatigue and a public frustrated with changing guidelines as scientific information evolves.

Mercedes R. Carnethon, MD, of Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, says mask mandates "should not be driven by impatience or politics.

As CDC Holds the Line, Doctors Debate Lifting Mask Mandates​

By Marcia Frellick

1800x1200_basics_face_masks_video

Feb. 10, 2022 -- New COVID-19 case numbers in the United States have dropped nearly two thirds from just weeks ago, and the drop has set off heated conversations across the United States on when and if mask mandates should stop.

On Monday, governors from four states — Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, and Oregon — said they would end mandatory masking in schools by the end of February or March. Pennsylvania decided to remove its statewide mandate last month.

In Illinois, Gov. J. B. Pritzker is fighting in court to keep his mask mandate for schools in place. New York Gov. Kathy Hochul of New York allowed a statewide mask or proof of vaccination mandate for all indoor public locations to expire on Thursday.

Some doctors say now is the right time and that adults and children have endured the mandates long enough and the nation has to get used to living with COVID-19 instead of fighting it every day.

But the CDC disagrees.

At a White House briefing Wednesday, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, MD, said the agency still recommends masking indoors in public settings.

"We are working on following the trends for the moment. What I will say, though, is our hospitalizations are still high, our death rates are still high... Though we are encouraged by the current trends, we are not there yet," she said,

The Timing Is Not Right​

Other experts agree with the CDC, though, saying it's not time and that dropping the mandates would be reckless.

Maxine Dexter, MD, an Oregon state representative, tweeted, "I get it, (VERY clearly) that people are done with mask mandates. I do not have control of making a decision about when that will end. What I do know is I just spent the weekend in the ICU caring for very sick people, most with COVID and more being admitted. This isn't over."

Mercedes R. Carnethon, MD, of Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, says mask mandates "should not be driven by impatience or politics."

Rather, she says, reevaluation should be based on metrics, including rates of community spread, proportion of the community that is vaccinated, and hospital capacity in a given region.

She says the timing is not right to remove school masking requirements.

"Hospitalization rates from COVID-19 remain high and our experience over the past 2 months with Omicron demonstrates that it can evade even our vaccine protection,” she says. “While most cases are mild, particularly in children, the effects are still substantial for community members who contract the illness."

I get it (VERY clearly) that people are done with mask mandates. I do not have control of making a decision about when that will end. What I do know is I just spent the weekend in the ICU caring for very sick people, most with COVID and more being admitted. This isn’t over.
— Maxine Dexter, MD (@doctormaxine) February 7, 2022

Last edited:
Carnethon noted that rates of vaccination are low among 5- to 11-year-olds and even 12- to 17-year-olds.
"We are far from where we need to be as far as being able to rely on vaccination alone to stop transmission,” she says.

Stanley Weiss, MD, professor of biostatistics and epidemiology at the Rutgers School of Public Health in Newark, NJ, says the rush to drop the mask mandate comes partly from pressure on politicians from a public reeling with COVID-19 fatigue and a public frustrated with changing guidelines as scientific information evolves.

He says the decision should be based on the science and that science says it's too early to end the mandates.

"There's hopeful thinking that it has gone away, when that's clearly not true," Weiss said. " In places like New Jersey, the new cases have been going down, but the number of clusters of cases in schools had not yet declined."

Gov Newsom is taking the high road ....... take a bow Gov Newsome

California's governor responded, "Look, this is the most critical moment in this pandemic. If we want to quickly open our schools, quickly open our businesses, we've got to be mindful. We gotta hold on, we can still make modifications, we can get our kids back in school, we can start reopening businesses.

But mask wearing is foundational in order to safely do that and get our economy roaring again."

Yes it is that simple to wear a mask in the interest of all which is why I don't get the resistance. Killing oneself is not the same as killing others in the name of liberty.

You drive a car ?

I wear a mask while online to stay safe.

I wear a mask while online to stay safe.
who are you hiding from? I don't wear a mask while online because I know it is not necessary nor is it necessary while outdoors not among a concert crowd.

Also we will doing a ZOOM potluck in the next few days. Hopefully COVID 19 when it isn't killing someone it is encouraging more humans so be outside with family and friends ......................... at a preventive distance.

Take a bow Gov Newsome.

Mercedes R. Carnethon, MD, of Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, says mask mandates "should not be driven by impatience or politics.

As CDC Holds the Line, Doctors Debate Lifting Mask Mandates​

By Marcia Frellick

1800x1200_basics_face_masks_video

Feb. 10, 2022 -- New COVID-19 case numbers in the United States have dropped nearly two thirds from just weeks ago, and the drop has set off heated conversations across the United States on when and if mask mandates should stop.

On Monday, governors from four states — Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, and Oregon — said they would end mandatory masking in schools by the end of February or March. Pennsylvania decided to remove its statewide mandate last month.

In Illinois, Gov. J. B. Pritzker is fighting in court to keep his mask mandate for schools in place. New York Gov. Kathy Hochul of New York allowed a statewide mask or proof of vaccination mandate for all indoor public locations to expire on Thursday.

Some doctors say now is the right time and that adults and children have endured the mandates long enough and the nation has to get used to living with COVID-19 instead of fighting it every day.

But the CDC disagrees.

At a White House briefing Wednesday, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, MD, said the agency still recommends masking indoors in public settings.

"We are working on following the trends for the moment. What I will say, though, is our hospitalizations are still high, our death rates are still high... Though we are encouraged by the current trends, we are not there yet," she said,

The Timing Is Not Right​

Other experts agree with the CDC, though, saying it's not time and that dropping the mandates would be reckless.

Maxine Dexter, MD, an Oregon state representative, tweeted, "I get it, (VERY clearly) that people are done with mask mandates. I do not have control of making a decision about when that will end. What I do know is I just spent the weekend in the ICU caring for very sick people, most with COVID and more being admitted. This isn't over."

Mercedes R. Carnethon, MD, of Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, says mask mandates "should not be driven by impatience or politics."

Rather, she says, reevaluation should be based on metrics, including rates of community spread, proportion of the community that is vaccinated, and hospital capacity in a given region.

She says the timing is not right to remove school masking requirements.

"Hospitalization rates from COVID-19 remain high and our experience over the past 2 months with Omicron demonstrates that it can evade even our vaccine protection,” she says. “While most cases are mild, particularly in children, the effects are still substantial for community members who contract the illness."
This article is over a month old.

The WHO is still warning us there is a strong possibility of a more deadly, contagious variant emerging because a lot of countries still have low vax rates and everyone is dropping precautions so, hopefully they're wrong but if they aren't we will be hit pretty hard.

A new variant will only spread if it can overtake everyone's immunity, so previous infections won't matter much. Good luck everyone. The way everyone is acting like this is over, you're going to need it.

Fear mongering.
Control.
Narrative.
Individual rights.
My body, my choice.
Life, liberty and happiness

Anyone who wants to wear a max and get the vaccine, that is up to them.

Prolonging the virus isn’t working.

Fear mongering! Control!

California's governor responded, "Look, this is the most critical moment in this pandemic. If we want to quickly open our schools, quickly open our businesses, we've got to be mindful. We gotta hold on, we can still make modifications, we can get our kids back in school, we can start reopening businesses.

But mask wearing is foundational in order to safely do that and get our economy roaring again."
And yet at the HEIGHT of the pandemic, when restaurants all over the state of California were ordered to close down. Newscum and his s were out enjoying themselves without masks.

0CAFA95AD4AC4EAAAA06BDD31B3EE452.jpg

Pesky rules for thee but not for me dictator type stuff?

The stuff Trump never did.

Those rules?

Back
Top Bottom