• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov. Gavin Newsom easily survives California recall election, AP projects

Highest taxes? Wrong. CA is 10th. https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494
View attachment 67354087
Highest housing costs? Wrong.
View attachment 67354088
Every state has crime and homelessness and regulations and crappy infrastructure. What a naïve statement to make.
And you don't even live there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ok I admit you got me on the rankings...I should have said "extremely high", not highest so there I will concede to being "naive". But its still way up there. And I did live there for 35 years. In a crappy, crime-ridden city. I was the victim of a strong-arm mugging, car stolen twice, my business robbed. Family obligations kept me from leaving until just recently, otherwise I would have been gone long ago. Yes every STATE has crime but more important is the varying crime statistics in cities. To get away from everyday crime in CA you have to move to an elite city and that costs $$$$$$. The hamlet I live in here in ID just ouside of Boise is not expensive and barely any crime at all.

Links to show you are not a good source fir honest info? seriously?
Welllll, ummmm, YESSSSS.

But, since you can't do it, everyone now knows you have nothing. I did, but they didn't.

I admit that Cyber Ninjas: The Idiots Strike Back would be amusing, but I'm not sure it's worth the price of admission. They've done enough damage to the country.
So, people who count ballots do damage to the country and we don't know the results yet?

Good going on parroting MSM. You get an A in the indoctrination class this week.

An ex-employee of mine and his wife are moving to Post Falls just west of Cour D'Alene next month. Yeah it gets super cold but its worth it to eccape from CommieFornia.
Some of my relatives live near Hayden Lake and one has a beautiful house on the Snake River. Right on it with a boat dock, a beautiful grass-covered area that you can sit on and watch the boats go by while you picnic and laze by the river. Their bedroom window on the second floor has an amazing view of the river.

So, people who count ballots do damage to the country and we don't know the results yet?

Good going on parroting MSM. You get an A in the indoctrination class this week.
The ballots had already been counted before the ninjas were involved.

The results have been known and certified since shortly after the election.

The ballots had already been counted before the ninjas were involved.

The results have been known and certified since shortly after the election.
Patience grasshopper.

Trumpists in this thread:

“People are fleeing California in droves, I tell you. Droves! It’s such a horrible state! No one wants to live there!”

Also Trumpists in this thread:

”Real estate is SOOOOO expensive in California because there are bidding wars for every house on the market!”

“People are fleeing California in droves, I tell you. Droves! It’s such a horrible state! No one wants to live there!”

”Real estate is SOOOOO expensive in California because there are bidding wars for every house on the market!”
California lost population and a house seat.

Just the facts, ma'am

I just moved to a nice area in Idaho and its not nearly as expensive as even San Bernardino, which is mostly a shithole. Maybe I should have said "non crappy" cities in CA......

Eh, yeah, it costs more to live in areas with tons of culture, perfect weather, high-paying jobs, and some of the most beautiful oceans in the world, etc. None of that has anything to do with policies. Boomers gave themselves the sweetest home loans ever back when you could buy houses on a single income. They never sold those houses or if they did, they were bought up by corporations who value the empty units more than the rent they can get. Otherwise, everything turned into an Air BnB.

We can do something about it, but I hope you are comfortable with quite a bit of regulation which curtails this inevitable end of capitalism.

Caution:

While Newsom won easily, the CNN Exit poll only has him winning 59-41 when all votes are counted in ca. 5 weeks.

Currently, he leads 64-36, with 9 million votes counted.

But the millions of votes who remain to be counted are leaning Republican, decreasing his margin.

If he ends up winning 59-41, that’s less than the usual 60-65% a Dem gets in a normal election year.

It could point to a higher R than D enthusiasm to vote next year during the midterms ... which makes the difference in close races.

An ex-employee of mine and his wife are moving to Post Falls just west of Cour D'Alene next month. Yeah it gets super cold but its worth it to eccape from CommieFornia.

We'll do fine without them. We'll probably still be subsidizing their state as a parting gift.

That's because young people already living in California who want to buy a house are priced out of the market and so have to rent or move out. Its not just conservatives (who aren't all Trumpists BTW) who are complaining about the cost of living and moving out of CA. Plenty of liberals are as well

Shock jocks are just empty headed idiots that overestimate their ability. Good on california.

Yeah, it's so much better to be unemployed in places like Texas.
People can move. You see, you need to take what is called personal responsibility for your own life. No one says you have to live anywhere. Move the eff out of you don't like it. If you're unemployed, e=get an education. Night school, home study. get two jobs. I'm tired of your whining.

The ones who didn't buy into the mask freakos and vaccinating people who already had Covid.
You mean the ones currently experiencing the most infections and putting a massive burden on their healthcare systems?

People can move. You see, you need to take what is called personal responsibility for your own life. No one says you have to live anywhere. Move the eff out of you don't like it. If you're unemployed, e=get an education. Night school, home study. get two jobs. I'm tired of your whining.the
I'm not whining, just noting that all the developed world has taken steps to file down the rough edges of capitalism. It doesn't work perfectly, and we liberals recognize that. Conservatives -some of them at least- are like doctrinaire Marxist-Leninists, convinced that the great God capitalism is as perfect as is the enevitability of class struggle leading to dictatorship of the proletariat is to Commies. Preach personal responsibility to people made homeless by the recent hurricanes. Why do you need FEMA, you dependent assholes? Strangely, I used to do something like that, telling farmworkers to take charge of their fates. That resulted in support of a union. What?!? You can't go one on one with employers? You need to join with others to come to (gasp!) collective solutions? Don't you understand? This could lead to things like the Tennessee Valley Authority, to dams that benefit California farmers, to imported labor like the braceros from Mexico? We conservatives can't have that!

You mean the ones currently experiencing the most infections and putting a massive burden on their healthcare systems?
Cyclical. Weather-related. Florida's infections and deaths have plummeted.

But, of course, you bury your head in the sand, doncha?

The ones who didn't buy into the mask freakos and vaccinating people who already had Covid.
Which states? Which ones?
Damn. It's like pulling teeth.

Back
Top Bottom