• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov. Gavin Newsom easily survives California recall election, AP projects

Please sell your cabin. Too many lefties are escaping Calif and trying to bring their leftism with them. We say we’re moving from Timbuktu to avoid the scowls.
Just moved to ID and couldn't get rid of my plates fast enough. All while making sure our neighbors knew we weren't "those kind" of Californians.

The property values are high everywhere due to the housing shortage. Not everyone wants to live there. I just moved out. CA population growth is flat since 2017. They just lost a congressional seat. The illegals are the only reason there isn't a bigger loss. Conservatives arent the only ones leaving. See Texas, Idaho, and Tennessee complaining about liberal Calis bluing their states. More businesses are leaving CA than any other state.
Yet it still sets the pace for the country. Admittedly, it has unfair advantages in great climate, unsurpassed scenery in its mountains and coastline, the Napa Valley, Tahoe and Yosemite that give it an advantage. And of course, one of the prettiest cities in the world. Woe is us.

I live here. Have for about 40 years. You are full of shit.
The nice areas of CA are very expensive to live in. For young people wanting to buy a decent home its getting close to impossible unless you move to a undesirable city like say, San Bernardino, where I lived and just moved from. Rent is also astronomical. If you were lucky enough to buy a house in a city like Tustin 25 years ago that is now worth a million dollars then good for you. The cost of living there, the traffic, and the crime were not worth it to me.

Yet it still sets the pace for the country. Admittedly, it has unfair advantages in great climate, unsurpassed scenery in its mountains and coastline, the Napa Valley, Tahoe and Yosemite that give it an advantage. And of course, one of the prettiest cities in the world. Woe is us.
Its a beautiful state, no one can argue that. But its run like shit.

The nice areas of CA are very expensive to live in. For young people wanting to buy a decent home its getting close to impossible unless you move to a undesirable city like say, San Bernardino, where I lived and just moved from. Rent is also astronomical. If you were lucky enough to buy a house in a city like Tustin 25 years ago that is now worth a million dollars then good for you. The cost of living there, the traffic, and the crime were not worth it to me.
The nice areas everywhere are expensive to live in.

The nice areas everywhere are expensive to live in.
I just moved to a nice area in Idaho and its not nearly as expensive as even San Bernardino, which is mostly a shithole. Maybe I should have said "non crappy" cities in CA......

I am sure you have a citation. Otherwise you look like wh
I know all the trash-talking about California, so it’s a bit startling to look at trends in real G.D.P. and employment between 2010 and the eve of the pandemic and discover that California and Texas, the state conservatives put up as a model, had essentially the same growth rates. It’s also startling, given all the talk about people fleeing high taxes, to learn that highly educated, high-income workers — who do indeed pay higher taxes in California than in most other parts of the U.S. — were continuing to migrate into California.
Its actually NOT startling news that people with $$$$ are migrating to CA. They can afford it.

That all stopped. It was hysteria.
There was a bidding war on my house in San Bernardino. A crappy city. Not a crappy house but a "stucco house that needed some work". 4 bedrooms, 2 baths. 1300 square feet. Purchased it in 1993 for 90K. Never refinanced or took out a second mortgage. Paid it off years ago. Sold it 2 months ago for 485K. Now sitting pretty in a great small town in Idaho close to our daughter and grandkids.

Prove it. Prove that they are begging customers to drive their U Hauls back to California.
I don't think it was said that they were begging the customers themselves to drive the trucks back. Rather that they were maybe desperate/ begging for workers to "deadhead" empty trucks back to CA.

Its amusing watching California liberals dance around touting their achievements, while so many people have left they are going to lose a congressional seat.
Lots of those Ex CA residents relocated to AZ. Careful what ya wish for 😉

Yeah because they are idiots. California is a dumpster fire. Highest taxes, highest housing costs, crime, ( prop 47) homelessness, regulations, crappy infrastructure. State is loaded with $$$$ yet they would rather invest in a train to nowhere rather than something smart like de-salination plants or capturing the rain they do get while they complain about the constant drought. Restrictive and stupid gun laws. I could go on. "But we can go to the mountains and beach in the same day!" BFD. I moved to Idaho from SoCal 2 months ago and couldn't be happier.
I have relatives in Idaho and seriously considered moving there a long time ago but the weather sucked. Cour D'Alene is beautiful and lots of Californians moved there sending prices to the roof.

CA is overflowing with money yet the water infrastructure is horrid. The money that went for Jerry Brown's train to nowhere should have gone to desalination plants and rain catching technology. Caltrans is also a boondoggle that gets stuff done at a glacial pace. Look at the 91 freeway for one good example of the awesome California lifestyle.
I took a train over a decade ago from LA to the Fresno area, twice a week. This "bullet" train they were/are talking about would have used that route which is crappy farm areas. It would have taken 6 hours to get from LA to San Francisco. THIS is how our government works.

Good. We won't miss you. Please tell everyone how terrible CA is and to not move here.
As I said, Calif is losing people. Some of you said this was not true and I had to prove it with a link. Sometimes I worry about the knowledge level and research ability of the leftwing posters here. Seems many just hurriedly post a link from their GOTO sources like WaPo or the NY TImes without reading it.

There was a bidding war on my house in San Bernardino. A crappy city. Not a crappy house but a "stucco house that needed some work". 4 bedrooms, 2 baths. 1300 square feet. Purchased it in 1993 for 90K. Never refinanced or took out a second mortgage. Paid it off years ago. Sold it 2 months ago for 485K. Now sitting pretty in a great small town in Idaho close to our daughter and grandkids.
GREAT! The bidding wars have stopped here. You did the right thing in moving out of this third-world hellhole where they don't prosecute theft of under $950.00

Yeah because they are idiots. California is a dumpster fire. Highest taxes, highest housing costs, crime, ( prop 47) homelessness, regulations, crappy infrastructure. State is loaded with $$$$ yet they would rather invest in a train to nowhere rather than something smart like de-salination plants or capturing the rain they do get while they complain about the constant drought. Restrictive and stupid gun laws. I could go on. "But we can go to the mountains and beach in the same day!" BFD. I moved to Idaho from SoCal 2 months ago and couldn't be happier.
Highest taxes? Wrong. CA is 10th. https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494
1631792997949.png
Highest housing costs? Wrong.
1631793073691.png
Every state has crime and homelessness and regulations and crappy infrastructure. What a naïve statement to make.
And you don't even live there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

McConnell would not have stood a chance.

But a Romney or a Cheney or a Kinzinger could have been worth competition.

The quality of GOP candidates must improve in 2022.

The point is, the "quality" doesn't need to improve much. Especially considering, though starting to improve, the Dems suck at messaging and the art of self-defense, which incl an offense.

The California voters wouldn't elect a McConnell....they might elect someone like Mitt Romney, but McConnell...no and that is a hard no.

Hence my using the term "or even" a McConnell, and meaning a McConnell type or a Romney type. Cheney is more con than is Romney. Kinzinger would be the type that could win in CA and cast all the votes of the 1% that would cross the aisle to which I alluded.
Good question. Hope to see more conservatives on that list of common sense conservatives.

Hope not. They might get elected and still vote Re 99% of the time, giving money to the rich and large corps, denying women's rights, suppressing voting rights, supporting racism, keeping people poor and with less pay...

The point is, the "quality" doesn't need to improve much. Especially considering, though starting to improve, the Dems suck at messaging and the art of self-defense, which incl an offense.
The Dems did very well at messaging. If you can't see that, that's on you. Being a homer means nothing.

The GOP must message better and it has to be much more than "we are not Trump.'

Hope not. They might get elected and still vote Re 99% of the time, giving money to the rich and large corps, denying women's rights, suppressing voting rights, supporting racism, keeping people poor and with less pay...
At least some of those are political issues as opposed to being a trump. I do believe that min wage shouldn't be 15, have you gone through the drive through lately? I see suppressing vote and supporting racism as trump policy which would need be purged before I vote conservative.

Hence my using the term "or even" a McConnell, and meaning a McConnell type or a Romney type. Cheney is more con than is Romney. Kinzinger would be the type that could win in CA and cast all the votes of the 1% that would cross the aisle to which I alluded.

I honestly don't think that a McConnell type stands a chance in California. It would have to be a moderate that isn't afraid to be liberal on social issues....a Republican that is fiscally conservative with liberal social tendencies would probably clean house in California.

GREAT! The bidding wars have stopped here. You did the right thing in moving out of this third-world hellhole where they don't prosecute theft of under $950.00
Yep. Good ol' prop 47. The gift that keeps on giving, er....stealing.

Well at least Elder was wise enough to concede.

I admit that Cyber Ninjas: The Idiots Strike Back would be amusing, but I'm not sure it's worth the price of admission. They've done enough damage to the country.

I have relatives in Idaho and seriously considered moving there a long time ago but the weather sucked. Cour D'Alene is beautiful and lots of Californians moved there sending prices to the roof.
An ex-employee of mine and his wife are moving to Post Falls just west of Cour D'Alene next month. Yeah it gets super cold but its worth it to eccape from CommieFornia.

Back
Top Bottom