• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov. Gavin Newsom easily survives California recall election, AP projects

Most of those states though already know their Senators are safe. In other states though, states that are "purple", there is a much lesser advantage when it comes to the Senate. If you have states like mine, where the Governor is a Democrat, there is a big chance that the Senators can also be Democrats (at least one) or that the fights for the Senate are going to be close.

I honestly think the only reason Tillis is still a Senator is because Cunningham had that stupid affair that came to light, not because of this state being red (it is purple, thanks to places like Charlotte and the Triangle). This shows that Dems definitely need to be very stringent in their vetting process of their nominees. Get it all out on the table rather than hiding anything that could be bad. Unfortunately, those things do matter to voters, enough to make a difference.
Sadly, a lot of states, like mine, are happy to stay poor and red.

Well, that's a quarter billion they won't have for next year's election.
muttley-laughing.gif

Your inaccuracies are driven by what you wanna believe and your follow them up with projecting.
It's like me trying to tell someone in France that they live in a great place when I don't live there.

From what I hear about Virginia it is filled with confederate flags on truck antennas with rifles in the back window parked outside their trailer in some remote mountain area off dirt roads. Amirite?

Gas is a dollar more here than our immediate neighbor Ariona
State tax at 12.3% is close enough to 13% and higher than most other states
I never said all state's roads are paved so stop with the BS.
Homeless are all over California and others states aren't close to California.
Illegals here are ruining the state and our economy
Almost 20o businesses moved out last year.
UHauls are going one way.....out
California ranks 41 out of 50. Here is the link: https://wallethub.com/edu/e/states-with-the-best-schools/5335
There is only 1 river in the state not dammed we have 1400 dams already how will damming the last river save us from a devestaing drought?

There is only 1 river in the state not dammed we have 1400 dams already how will damming the last river save us from a devestaing drought?
Yeah, the bigger problem is what's driving the drought because that not only reduces existing water supplies, but then makes the region a tinderbox for wildfires. For us in the northeast it's a question of how to handle the ever increasing amount of flash floods we get from not only seasonal storms, but regular rain events. Many towns and cities were not equipped to handle the new loads of water we're seeing; which results in unprecedented flooding.

What remains to be seen is how viable it is to dedicate the amount of water resources to agriculture in California, because what this all comes down to is deciding how much of the available water is dedicated to keeping quality of life for the residents versus supporting the agriculture industry. Obviously any scale down of agriculture has a host of cascading effects, but it's time to start taking all things into consideration.

Sure, because you only believe what you wanna believe and don't live here so you don't know diddly squat about Calif.
I provided facts. Sorry they don't line up with your view of CA.
When are you moving since you hate it there so much?

I live here. Have for about 40 years. You are full of shit.
people with your ideology is what ruined this state. Seen the San Fernando Valley lately? Tents in parkways. It’s why I’m leaving. Too many mask freak libs. Calif is losing people. Soon will be just the takers and gubment leaches there.

Last edited:
It's like me trying to tell someone in France that they live in a great place when I don't live there.

From what I hear about Virginia it is filled with confederate flags on truck antennas with rifles in the back window parked outside their trailer in some remote mountain area off dirt roads. Amirite?
Depends on what part of Virginia. Some areas, your description is accurate.

He's exactly what California deserves: privileged, plastic and substance abusive.

All republicans did was waste a bunch of taxpayer money. And that includes for republicans.
Imagine what California could have done with 300 million of wasted taxpayer dollars.

They need to make it harder to do this. Seriously.

Gas is not a dollar more.
CA - $4.391
NV - $3.967
WA - $3.876
UT - $3.785

State tax is 12.3% for those single making over $599,013
State tax is 12.3% for married making over $1,198,025 or more
Where are you getting 13%?

Statewide sales tax is 7.75%.
Where are you getting 10%?

Name 1 state whose roads are all paved? Doesn't have homeless? Doesn't have illegals?

California had 8,746 cases last week
Florida had 23,930 new cases
Texas had 24,281 new cases

Which state(s) are banning masking?

Proof that school are a cesspool of failing students?
Please with the ****ing raking of forest floors. The ****ing idiot who proposed that never picked up a rake in his life.

Sounds like CA is doing well. 5th largest GDP in the world.
And, the fact that the great majority of the forests in CA are federal. Not under the control of California agencies.

Imagine what California could have done with 300 million of wasted taxpayer dollars.

They need to make it harder to do this. Seriously.
Who spent 300 million?

Yeah, the bigger problem is what's driving the drought because that not only reduces existing water supplies, but then makes the region a tinderbox for wildfires. For us in the northeast it's a question of how to handle the ever increasing amount of flash floods we get from not only seasonal storms, but regular rain events. Many towns and cities were not equipped to handle the new loads of water we're seeing; which results in unprecedented flooding.

What remains to be seen is how viable it is to dedicate the amount of water resources to agriculture in California, because what this all comes down to is deciding how much of the available water is dedicated to keeping quality of life for the residents versus supporting the agriculture industry. Obviously any scale down of agriculture has a host of cascading effects, but it's time to start taking all things into consideration.
Maybe if Cal could keep some of the 13 plus billion dollars that they pay into the Fed. gov( more then they get back that goes to other states most of them in the south , mostly RED states )
they could build a few Desalinization plants to supply fresh water
Have a nice day

OUr last new reservoir as built over 40 years ago, when our population was almost half of what it is today. Water management is a huge problem here.

Prescott with all the other transplants.
i won’t say where and there are many places in Arizona that are at the 5-7,000 foot level. calif is in a very steep decline due to liberalism.

people with your ideology is what ruined this state. Seen the San Fernando Valley lately? Tents in parkways. It’s why I’m leaving. Too many mask freak libs. Calif is losing people. Soon will be just the takers and gubment leaches there.

Good. We won't miss you. Please tell everyone how terrible CA is and to not move here.

i won’t say where and there are many places in Arizona that are at the 5-7,000 foot level. calif is in a very steep decline due to liberalism.
There are, we have a cabin in one of them. AZ is turning blue and the fools in charge now are making asses of themselves trying to save themselves.

Californians wisely decided that they didn't want a Donald Trump clone-candidate - conservative talk show host Larry Elder - to be their Governor.

Elder is typical GOP crazy - denies the existence of systemic racism, opposes gun control and abortion rights, wants to abolish the minimum wage and pledged to overturn COVID-19 mask and vaccine requirements in schools and elsewhere.
Easily seen as happening as long as a month ago. When the recall switched from competency to defending and protecting one's own, the results were signed, sealed and delivered especially in a state where democrats outnumber Republicans 2-1. You have to hand it to the Democrats in California to making the recall all about Elder and not about Newsom's competency. Smart political tactics, strategy and a game changing move.

In the end, the recall was all about Elder and not Newsom. Newsom just got lost in the shuffle big time. It's almost like he wasn't even on the ballot.

Back
Top Bottom