• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov. DeSantis spokesperson labels sex ed bill’s opponents ‘groomers’

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Gov. Ron DeSantis‘ press secretary Christina Pushaw tweeted accusations that people who oppose a sex education bill working its way through the Legislature are “groomers” or those who would not denounce “groomers” — references to pedophilia and people who help “groom” children for pedophiles and other abusers.

Her tweets drew angry condemnation Sunday from the bill’s opponents. They expressed disbelief that the Governor’s Office would characterize political opponents of a highly-controversial piece of legislation as groomers or pedophiles.

She followed that up with: “If you’re against the anti-Grooming bill, you are probably a groomer or at least you don’t denounce the grooming of 4- to 8-year-old children. Silence is complicity. This is how it works, Democrats, and I didn’t make the rules.”"

She's a deeply sick person.

Gov. Ron DeSantis‘ press secretary Christina Pushaw tweeted accusations that people who oppose a sex education bill working its way through the Legislature are “groomers” or those who would not denounce “groomers” — references to pedophilia and people who help “groom” children for pedophiles and other abusers.

Her tweets drew angry condemnation Sunday from the bill’s opponents. They expressed disbelief that the Governor’s Office would characterize political opponents of a highly-controversial piece of legislation as groomers or pedophiles.

She followed that up with: “If you’re against the anti-Grooming bill, you are probably a groomer or at least you don’t denounce the grooming of 4- to 8-year-old children. Silence is complicity. This is how it works, Democrats, and I didn’t make the rules.”"

This comes on the heels of Noem admitting she has no clue what causes mental health issues in LGBTQ+ teens. There's a reason these kids won't open up to their parents, and instead turn to trusted individuals such as friends and teachers.

We KNOW what causes these problems, and the first and most important step in fixing it is to quit treating these kids like they aren't allowed to be the version of themselves that makes them feel the most comfortable.

Sounds like a defamation lawsuit is in the offing.

Sounds like a defamation lawsuit is in the offing.
I doubt it. Their side pulls this shit all the time. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If a suit comes and they win it opens the floodgates for everyone. The left will get hurt far more that the right.

Good about time the fight gets nasty. Hopefully we are just seeing the warm up.

Trumpism is evil. It's that simple.

Don't let the "hater" morons tell you otherwise.

Wokeism leads to the degradation and degeneration of society.

You now have the woke leftist progs wanting to normalize pedophilia and treat pedophiles as part of the LBGTQ mafia

And people support DeSantis’ intention to run for President!

Like Trump, like Putin, like other authoritarians DeSantis surrounds himself with nutters and ass hats.

And people support DeSantis’ intention to run for President!

Like Trump, like Putin, like other authoritarians DeSantis surrounds himself with nutters and ass hats.
Much tado bout nuthin.

You now have the woke leftist progs wanting to normalize pedophilia and treat pedophiles as part of the LBGTQ mafia

How this kind of sweeping statement is allowed here is beyond me.
This is exactly the kind of use of language that has lead to US politics being where it is today.

Most things the Governor does are not for Florida. He is self serving with a goal of 2024.

Foolish statement. Source for normalizing pedophilia? More likely R's are disturbed at the light being shined on them. I don't vouch for the authenticity of this site, but the two random claims I checked were accurate.

This is the New Republican Party. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

And **** Florida. Dumbest state in the nation.

The republican party is full of these demented wack-jobs.

I doubt it. Their side pulls this shit all the time. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If a suit comes and they win it opens the floodgates for everyone. The left will get hurt far more that the right.
I bet even you don't really believe that.

giphy.gif

OMG, she's a lose nut. I bet she was all on board the baby juice theory. I can't believe we give these people power.

DeSantis's run for 2024 will be ugly. Like an old 50's religious movie. Our country is already a laughing stalk, I guess we're going all the way.

That dudes a nut, but, in there he says it's to protect children from crimes through understanding pedophilia problems. and he's using this as a study for criminal justice. So in other words, he thinks it's a mental condition. Treating it will prevent criminal acts on children.

Not saying I agree with the way he's going about it, but there's no intent to normalize pedophilia from what I can see for the general population. He's just wanting them to stop hiding so they stop criminal behavior.

That's one person, you said the entire left.
There's a world of difference.
Like roaches, Peter. If you see one...

He's just the one stupid enough to show himself

Like roaches, Peter. If you see one...

He's just the one stupid enough to show himself
Right, explains why they're preparing there militias, we are a pain in the ass, I must admit. lol

LOL oh look another one pretending to be the propaganda victim.

Thing is, the knuckle draggers and mouth breathers will eat this up and DeSantis can say "I'm not the one who said this" *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

Back
Top Bottom