• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov. Christie: We're Not Raising Taxes

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Gov. Christie: We're Not Raising Taxes

Gov. Christie: We're Not Raising Taxes - wcbstv.com

On the surface the news looked pretty grim for Garden State residents on Tuesday – thanks to an unanticipated drop in tax revenues of $402 million this year and $365 million next year.

But a new budget hole of nearly $800 million is not going to give Gov. Christie a single new white hair. At least this time, the governor's message is "gotcha covered."

"We're very confident we've been able to close the additional budget gap in (fiscal year) 2010 and in (fiscal year) 2011 we're going to be able to solve that problem without any new taxes at all and without any real significant cuts," Christie said.

Skipping the "fiscalese," what happened was the budget freeze imposed by Gov. Christie when he took office generated more savings than expected, enough to cover much of the lost tax money.

Excellent job Governer! :thumbs:

So how exactly is he going to find 800 million is savings?

A greek style swap?

This is terrible timing... for Obama.

When we head towards 2012, Christie, the Anti-Obama will stand as a stark and successful example to follow.

That's a nightmare for for Obi's handlers and teleprompteur.

This guy is a stud. We need more like him.
YouTube- NJ Gov. Christie Puting Media in Their Place

Conservatives talk about liberals always bringing up Palin but you guys try to link Obama to LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

More ON TOPIC: He'll probably gut education some more.

Conservatives talk about liberals always bringing up Palin but you guys try to link Obama to LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

Gut? You mean tell underperforming teachers no more raises? :ssst:

Meh, I live in Jersey. The budgets that had pay freezes passed. the ones that didn't? well....

Hell, I like it when you folks bring up Palin.
I really do.

As for Christie... there is good reason to bring Obi up. One man is taking the responsible course, the proven course... then there's poor, incompetent Obi. Come 2012 a comparison of the two will be tremendously valuable.

Part Deux
You folks crapped on Bush for 7-years... and not only on Bush but our troops, the ones you libs voted to send into harms way TWICE.

You couldn't get your facts straight about Katrina.

Hell, you still blame Bush for everything. Dems blamed Bush for the spill in The Gulf today. Have they not realized Obi has been running the show for 16-months?
Finally, Democrats blame George W. Bush for Gulf oil spill--Chris Dodd video as the blather spreads | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Obama is making it terribly easy, to keep his name in the discussion, so easy in fact I am afraid people will get bored with his never ending pursuit of American failure.

Gut? You mean tell underperforming teachers no more raises? :ssst:

If that's all he was gutting, I'd have no problem with it. But that's just barely the tip of the iceberg.

If that's all he was gutting, I'd have no problem with it. But that's just barely the tip of the iceberg.

Yeah baby! :applaud

Somebody has to do the bloody work of bringing fiscal sanity to the state after decades of abuse and corruption.

Yeah baby! :applaud

Somebody has to do the bloody work of bringing fiscal sanity to the state after decades of abuse and corruption.

Not by gutting the education system. You don't cut off your leg because you have an infection.

:roll:
Not by gutting the education system. You don't cut off your leg because you have an infection.

Sometimes, yes, that is exactly what you do.

Kind of depends what your goal is.

Back
Top Bottom