• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov. Abbott Wants Wylie ISD Teacher Fired For Using Cartoon Comparing Police With KKK

You don't understand what is appropriate to use as a teaching tool. The school district removed the cartoon. I guess it didn't think it was appropriate either.

Oh, I do and you don't. But yes, the 'Texas school district' agrees with you, proving my point.

You know it is quite possible for someone to be neither a Republican nor a Democrat. Everything isn't completely binary.

This teacher is a straight up communist, which is synonymous with Democrat, now.

I'm not even sure who your "those others" and "he" are.

The topic is a cartoon showing several historical figures all with their knees on the necks of black men, and you can't tell who "those others" are, and that "he" is the police officer in the last frame?

Can't have teachers who don't know any better than to use an inflammatory cartoon that compares police to slave owners and the KKK either, and if that teacher loses his/her job, that's just too bad.

Teaching kids to hate and fear cops is the most moronic idea anyone could come up with.

I'm sure that's a logical conclusion, based on a cartoon. :roll:

An anti-cop cartoon, comparing cops to klansmen? It's a very logical conclusion.

Even with the enormous power over his state, Even Governor Abbot of TX so far is not able to locate the teacher in question nor get the school district to fire her. As it turns out, more than one teacher is involved in this charade.

Do you think the teachers are republicans or are Democrats? I say they are Democrats.

This is what the Teachers used on Students to fool them.

View attachment 67292784

Gov. Abbott wants Wylie ISD teacher fired for using cartoon comparing police with KKK | GOPUSA

Abbott tweeted Sunday that a teacher comparing police officers to the KKK is “beyond unacceptable. It’s the opposite of what must be taught. The teacher should be fired. I’m asking the Texas Education Agency to investigate and take action.”

Joe Gamaldi, vice president of the National Fraternal Order of Police, sent a letter to Wylie ISD Superintendent David Vinson saying that the assignment was “abhorrent and disturbing.” The district later issued an apology, Gamaldi said.

I'm glad Abbott tried to intervene and protect children from this indoctrination and bigotry. But the truth is that indoctrination into "critical race theory" is so widespread, that the only choice is home/group schooling. Parents should not allow the government to raise their children and brainwash them.

An anti-cop cartoon, comparing cops to klansmen? It's a very logical conclusion.

It's beyond nonsensical, as there are so many black and brown men and women in law enforcement. About 50% of Border agents are hispanic. So their narrative is false on its face.

It definitely is, especially if you know even the slightest bit of history.

Murders of Chaney, Goodman, and Schwerner - Wikipedia

“During the investigation it emerged that members of the local White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, the Neshoba County Sheriff's Office and the Philadelphia Police Department were involved in the incident.[1]”

Cat got your tongue? You made an accusation, now back it up.

Ok: show us the Conservative policies you support.

And no, the cat ain't got my tongue. Some of us have a ****ing job. :lamo

Ok: show us the Conservative policies you support.

And no, the cat ain't got my tongue. Some of us have a ****ing job. :lamo

I'm not a conservative, but I support reducing our international military footprint, fiscal sanity and the reduction of the size of the federal government, among other things.

I'm not a conservative, but I support reducing our international military footprint, fiscal sanity and the reduction of the size of the federal government, among other things.

But you're voting Democrat...lol

Uh, that authoritarian structures in the US have a long history of racial discrimination.

The teacher is telling the truth, according to the police themselves,

When one thinks about policing in early America, there are a few images that may come to mind: A county sheriff enforcing a debt between neighbors, a constable serving an arrest warrant on horseback, or a lone night watchman carrying a lantern through his sleeping town. These organized practices were adapted to the colonies from England and formed the foundations of American law enforcement. However, there is another significant origin of American policing that we cannot forget—and that is slave patrols.

The American South relied almost exclusively on slave labor and white Southerners lived in near constant fear of slave rebellions disrupting this economic status quo. As a result, these patrols were one of the earliest and most prolific forms of early policing in the South. The responsibility of patrols was straightforward—to control the movements and behaviors of enslaved populations. According to historian Gary Potter, slave patrols served three main functions.

“(1) to chase down, apprehend, and return to their owners, runaway slaves; (2) to provide a form of organized terror to deter slave revolts; and, (3) to maintain a form of discipline for slave-workers who were subject to summary justice, outside the law.”

Organized policing was one of the many types of social controls imposed on enslaved African Americans in the South. Physical and psychological violence took many forms, including an overseer’s brutal whip, the intentional breakup of families, deprivation of food and other necessities, and the private employment of slave catchers to track down runaways.

Slave patrols were no less violent in their control of African Americans; they beat and terrorized as well. Their distinction was that they were legally compelled to do so by local authorities. In this sense, it was considered a civic duty—one that in some areas could result in a fine if avoided. In others, patrollers received financial compensation for their work. Typically, slave patrol routines included enforcing curfews, checking travelers for a permission pass, catching those assembling without permission, and preventing any form of organized resistance. As historian Sally Hadden writes in her book, Slave Patrols: Law and Violence in Virginia and the Carolinas,

Slave Patrols: An Early Form of American Policing – National Law Enforcement Museum

Even with the enormous power over his state, Even Governor Abbot of TX so far is not able to locate the teacher in question nor get the school district to fire her. As it turns out, more than one teacher is involved in this charade.

Do you think the teachers are republicans or are Democrats? I say they are Democrats.

This is what the Teachers used on Students to fool them.

View attachment 67292784

Gov. Abbott wants Wylie ISD teacher fired for using cartoon comparing police with KKK | GOPUSA

Abbott tweeted Sunday that a teacher comparing police officers to the KKK is “beyond unacceptable. It’s the opposite of what must be taught. The teacher should be fired. I’m asking the Texas Education Agency to investigate and take action.”

Joe Gamaldi, vice president of the National Fraternal Order of Police, sent a letter to Wylie ISD Superintendent David Vinson saying that the assignment was “abhorrent and disturbing.” The district later issued an apology, Gamaldi said.

If wearing black face is unacceptable then portraying police officers as racists is deplorable.

Back
Top Bottom