• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gov. Abbott Wants Wylie ISD Teacher Fired For Using Cartoon Comparing Police With KKK

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Even with the enormous power over his state, Even Governor Abbot of TX so far is not able to locate the teacher in question nor get the school district to fire her. As it turns out, more than one teacher is involved in this charade.

Do you think the teachers are republicans or are Democrats? I say they are Democrats.

This is what the Teachers used on Students to fool them.

kkk_cartoon_wylie.jpg

Gov. Abbott wants Wylie ISD teacher fired for using cartoon comparing police with KKK | GOPUSA

Abbott tweeted Sunday that a teacher comparing police officers to the KKK is “beyond unacceptable. It’s the opposite of what must be taught. The teacher should be fired. I’m asking the Texas Education Agency to investigate and take action.”

Joe Gamaldi, vice president of the National Fraternal Order of Police, sent a letter to Wylie ISD Superintendent David Vinson saying that the assignment was “abhorrent and disturbing.” The district later issued an apology, Gamaldi said.

Even with the enormous power over his state, Even Governor Abbot of TX so far is not able to locate the teacher in question nor get the school district to fire her. As it turns out, more than one teacher is involved in this charade.

Do you think the teachers are republicans or are Democrats? I say they are Democrats.

View attachment 67292784

Gov. Abbott wants Wylie ISD teacher fired for using cartoon comparing police with KKK | GOPUSA

Abbott tweeted Sunday that a teacher comparing police officers to the KKK is “beyond unacceptable. It’s the opposite of what must be taught. The teacher should be fired. I’m asking the Texas Education Agency to investigate and take action.”

Joe Gamaldi, vice president of the National Fraternal Order of Police, sent a letter to Wylie ISD Superintendent David Vinson saying that the assignment was “abhorrent and disturbing.” The district later issued an apology, Gamaldi said.

I guess the truth hurts Conservatives. I thought facts don’t care about your feelings?

View attachment 67292784

You know it is quite possible for someone to be neither a Republican nor a Democrat. Everything isn't completely binary.

You know it is quite possible for someone to be neither a Republican nor a Democrat. Everything isn't completely binary.

It will be on 3NOV20!

View attachment 67292784

Governor Abbot is a moron. I thought so ever since the Jade Helm fiasco, and nothing he’s done since has made me reconsider that opinion.

The KKK throughly infiltrated law enforcement in the south during the “good old days” so the comparison has a inherent degree of merit.

Case in point.....the famous 1964 murder of civil rights workers in Mississippi

Murders of Chaney, Goodman, and Schwerner - Wikipedia

Saw members of both the county sheriff and local police department involved in the killings.

The government of Mississippi, of course, responded by calling the civil rights workers communists.

Last edited:
It is up tp the school district, and as Presidents should not be interfering in State matters, Governors should not be interfering in Local matters.

I had the same thought. Forty percent of Americans are not registered with a political party. Yet in this haze of partisan stupidity, several of our co-citizens view everything through a political lens.

Uh,what "truth"?

American police have always been the means of enforcing white supremacy and oppressing minorities going all the back to their genesis as Southern slave patrols.

American police have always been the means of enforcing white supremacy and oppressing minorities going all the back to their genesis as Southern slave patrols.

Fortunately, the cartoon has already been yanked, and the Texas Education Agency is already investigating.

Why not just study the history of the Texas Rangers and remove all doubt?

This is a state that wanted to strike 'slaves' from the history books and replace it with 'servants.'

Fortunately, the cartoon has already been yanked, and the Texas Education Agency is already investigating.

Yep. Can’t have white supremacy and it’s systemic means of oppression get questioned in a Republican state, no sir.

Yep. Can’t have white supremacy and it’s systemic means of oppression get questioned in a Republican state, no sir.

Can't have teachers who don't know any better than to use an inflammatory cartoon that compares police to slave owners and the KKK either, and if that teacher loses his/her job, that's just too bad.

Uh,what "truth"?

The truth that there has been injustice against black people especially for a very long time. That there's a pattern. Of course, the people who scream 'cancel culture' practice it. Abbot says teaching that there are some police who do wrong is the 'exact opposite' of what we need to teach - so that presumably, he wants it taught that black people have never been wronged by anyone.

Can't have teachers who don't know any better than to use an inflammatory cartoon that compares police to slave owners and the KKK either, and if that teacher loses his/her job, that's just too bad.

What was the difference between the cop that murdered Floyd and those others? Do you think he is any better than they are?

So if telling the truth is 'inflammatory', you say, LIE! You don't understand that injustice SHOULD be inflammatory, it's truth that SHOULD be taught, that's how we build resistance to repeating it, instead of enabling it to be repeated.

Unfortunately, the cartoon has already been yanked, and the Texas Education Agency is already "investigating" how to silence the truthteller.

The truth that there has been injustice against black people especially for a very long time. That there's a pattern. Of course, the people who scream 'cancel culture' practice it. Abbot says teaching that there are some police who do wrong is the 'exact opposite' of what we need to teach - so that presumably, he wants it taught that black people have never been wronged by anyone.

That is simply absurd.

What was the difference between the cop that murdered Floyd and those others? Do you think he is any better than they are?

I'm not even sure who your "those others" and "he" are.

So if telling the truth is 'inflammatory', you say, LIE! You don't understand that injustice SHOULD be inflammatory, it's truth that SHOULD be taught, that's how we build resistance to repeating it, instead of enabling it to be repeated.

You don't understand what is appropriate to use as a teaching tool. The school district removed the cartoon. I guess it didn't think it was appropriate either.

Unfortunately, the cartoon has already been yanked, and the Texas Education Agency is already "investigating" how to silence the truthteller.

Oh, right. :roll:

Hell yeah fire that dumbass.

Back
Top Bottom