• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Got another one of those polls...

EnigmaO01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
They assume I'm a republican voter because I voted that way in the last primary. As soon as they find out I'm an independent voter they hang up on me. Literally!

Well, that's one way to avoid the constant calls. :)

Well, that's one way to avoid the constant calls. :)

They still call me every election cycle if I vote republican. Probably won't vote republican this time. All the republican flyers I'm getting in the mail are very partisan and do the blame game. Everything's Obama and the democrats fault. I get turned off by that. I send them emails telling them as an independent voter that doesn't impress me. They never respond back.

They still call me every election cycle if I vote republican. Probably won't vote republican this time. All the republican flyers I'm getting in the mail are very partisan and do the blame game. Everything's Obama and the democrats fault. I get turned off by that. I send them emails telling them as an independent voter that doesn't impress me. They never respond back.

Okay, that's clearly an open invitation for a "Why not?" question.

Sooooo, I'll bite. What's your beef with the current crop of Republican contenders? (That's your cue to jump on the anti-Trump bandwagon.) ;)

They assume I'm a republican voter because I voted that way in the last primary. As soon as they find out I'm an independent voter they hang up on me. Literally!

Based on your posted opinions here on DP, I'm guessing the only reason you voted in a Republican primary previously is to create mischief. They probably don't need your opinions skewing their results.

Based on your posted opinions here on DP, I'm guessing the only reason you voted in a Republican primary previously is to create mischief. They probably don't need your opinions skewing their results.
It's the primary season. Why would a pollster polling the GOP primary want an Indie's opinion? There will be time for that in the general!

Okay, that's clearly an open invitation for a "Why not?" question.

Sooooo, I'll bite. What's your beef with the current crop of Republican contenders? (That's your cue to jump on the anti-Trump bandwagon.) ;)

Seriously?

All three are laughable.

Not at all. I voted republican in the last primary to support Dick Lugar who was being challenged by the tea party moron that said, "Rape is the will of God." He beat Lugar but after that statement was released he was pummeled by a democratic challenger in a very republican state.

I vote republican to support republican candidates I feel need supported.

Last edited:
It's the primary season. Why would a pollster polling the GOP primary want an Indie's opinion? There will be time for that in the general!

Of course but why just hang up on me? They could say something like, "I'm sorry sir but we're polling republicans."

Of course but why just hang up on me? They could say something like, "I'm sorry sir but we're polling republicans."
By "hang-up" in your OP I had no idea what you meant.

Obviously they were jerks because you were of no use to them.

Back
Top Bottom