• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gosnell says he's "spiritually innocent"

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Exclusive from Philadelphia Magazine:

Speaking exclusively to Philadelphia magazine writer Steve Volk for a new magazine article and e-book, Gosnell—who was convicted in May of snipping the necks of babies born alive during abortion procedures in his West Philadelphia clinic—believes he was serving the best interests of his community and the women who came to him. “In an ideal world,” he said, “we’d have no need for abortion. But bringing a child into the world when it cannot be provided for, that there are not sufficient systems to support, is a greater sin. I considered myself to be in a war against poverty, and I feel comfortable with the things I did and the decisions I made.”
Philadelphia Magazine Exclusive: Kermit Gosnell Says He Is "Spiritually Innocent"--and Sends Abortion-Inspired Poetry from Prison | The Philly Post

Dr. Gosnell has the rest of his life to contemplate. I hope he won’t waste it continuing to rationalize.

Hopefully he is pardoned.

I feel comfortable with the things I did and the decisions I made.

Crazy people. They're everywhere.

Crazy people. They're everywhere.

yeah i have to agree, he clearly seems like a loon

there are lines and he definitely crossed them

now personally im against him but what ever he believes his morals are and what the great sin is, its factual for him.

youll just never find me supporting it

Imo, it's one thing to be able to "remove" an already dead human fetus, and quite another to snip the neck of one that is alive. I cannot comprehend how anyone, let alone a doctor, can do that. Maybe it's just my maternal instincts speaking, but I like to think that men also have some deep-felt emotions and caregiving instincts when a tiny human is alive and moving. What that must take just blows my mind.

Imo, it's one thing to be able to "remove" an already dead human fetus, and quite another to snip the neck of one that is alive. I cannot comprehend how anyone, let alone a doctor, can do that. Maybe it's just my maternal instincts speaking, but I like to think that men also have some deep-felt emotions and caregiving instincts when a tiny human is alive and moving. What that must take just blows my mind.

I agree. It seems to me that if an operation that can save the lives of both is at all possible, it should be tried.

Hopefully he is knifed in the shower after being gang raped by 25 big hairy bikers.
Highly unlikely.

Although unlikely, he may get shanked by some fervent pro-lifer (no pun intended :doh).
Raped though...? Nah! Not cute or young enough.

Ok dude, have fun in prison. Hopefully all your fellow inmates consider you a person and don't snap your neck.

I agree. It seems to me that if an operation that can save the lives of both is at all possible, it should be tried.

Well, in a situation such as the one we're talking about, and depending on the size of the baby, we have medical technology which has a good success rate these days, and if the baby managed to survive, adoption placement would probably be pretty easy to find, because it's a newborn. I used to work in a neonatal ICU, and we had a newborn (very premature) that was born with no mouth formed at all, and essentially all we could do was wait for it to die. There are certain situations when there is no good choice, but to outright kill it just makes me feel sick to my stomach, especially without trying to at least give it a chance with what we have available.

It takes a special kind of animal to literally kill babies and think that it's justified or right.

Dr. Gosnell has the rest of his life to contemplate. I hope he won’t waste it continuing to rationalize.

He's in his seventies. No matter what does or doe not happen to him in prison, he probably doesn't have much left of this mortal life. No time for him to face any adequate justice in this life. Soon enough,he'll stand before his maker, and be held fully to account for his crimes.

But he's really no worse than any other abortionist. Just sloppier, is all. Just like every other abortionist, he is guilty of murdering many, many innocent children, and whatever he doesn't pay in this life for his crimes, he certainly will in the hereafter.

He's in his seventies. No matter what does or doe not happen to him in prison, he probably doesn't have much left of this mortal life. No time for him to face any adequate justice in this life. Soon enough,he'll stand before his maker, and be held fully to account for his crimes.

But he's really no worse than any other abortionist. Just sloppier, is all. Just like every other abortionist, he is guilty of murdering many, many innocent children, and whatever he doesn't pay in this life for his crimes, he certainly will in the hereafter.

as usual when you post lies they are easily exposed and facts prove them wrong. Wierd you think anybody honest would ever buy this lie.

Well, in a situation such as the one we're talking about, and depending on the size of the baby, we have medical technology which has a good success rate these days, and if the baby managed to survive, adoption placement would probably be pretty easy to find, because it's a newborn. I used to work in a neonatal ICU, and we had a newborn (very premature) that was born with no mouth formed at all, and essentially all we could do was wait for it to die. There are certain situations when there is no good choice, but to outright kill it just makes me feel sick to my stomach, especially without trying to at least give it a chance with what we have available.

And taking a step backward, Gosnell's clinic was filthy. That all by itself tells you what regard he had for his patients. And then there is the record-keeping. His wife would come in on Sundays, when much of worst happened, so that there were only "incomplete" records. Gosnell knew what he was doing, and he was doing it for the money. He can sit all the rest of his life in his cell writing his ghastly abortion-inspired poetry and trying to justify himself.

But he knows what he did and why he did it. And as Bob has observed, soon enough he will meet his Maker. I hope that he spends time in contemplation, acknowledges his wrongs, and experiences genuine remorse.

What he did is not comparable in any way to early term legal abortion. Not.in.the.slightest.

According to Christianity, if he repents before he dies, he'll go to heaven .....

So I guess Dr. Gosnell needs to get to work on that whole remorse thing. He thinks he's part of the war on poverty that that the babies he killed were better off dead.

What he did is not comparable in any way to early term legal abortion. Not.in.the.slightest.

Well, yes, actually it is comparable, it's just that he killed them after the procedure, rather than killing them before it.

He killed living human beings for money. It's directly comparable to what all contract killers, such as other abortionists do.

According to Christianity, if he repents before he dies, he'll go to heaven .....

Well that'll be hard since he's already unrepentant and thinks he did nothing wrong.

Well, yes, actually it is comparable, it's just that he killed them after the procedure, rather than killing them before it.

Which is in no way, shape or form comparable to an early term abortion. Not.at.all.

If by mere species membership then yes it is comparable

If by capabilities especially mental capabilities then it is obviously not.

Back
Top Bottom