• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP's Susan Collins to vote for Ketanji Brown Jackson for Supreme Court

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
i was right when i said some Republicans would vote for her.

Good for Collins. I hope a few more do as well. I thought Romney might but doesn't look like he will.

Well, the GOP has at least 1 senator to vote for Ketanji
Her elevation to SCOTUS has long been a fait accompli, thanks to the GOP having lowered the confirmation vote threshold in 2017.

And who says Republicans never do anything for the country?

;)

Collins does not vote against many judges nominated to the SC.

Her elevation to SCOTUS has long been a fait accompli, thanks to the GOP having lowered the confirmation vote threshold in 2017.

;)

You mean like the Democrats where none of them voted in favor of confirming Justice Amy Coney Barrett, Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh?

Looks like a signal to Manchin & Sinema.

I suspect Mitt will soon jump in.
Believe that Manchin has already indicated that he's a yes. As for Sinema I don't if there is anyone who knows wtf it is she is thinking about besides planning her next outfit.

Believe that Manchin has already indicated that he's a yes. As for Sinema I don't if there is anyone who knows wtf it is she is thinking about besides planning her next outfit.
She plans what she wears!

I think I know exactly what she's thinking!

"I'm open for business - Who's the highest bidder?"

;)
I'll give Kavanaugh a pass, but the way R's rammed through Barrett lowered the bar to 6 feet under ground.

You mean like the Democrats where none of them voted in favor of confirming Justice Amy Coney Barrett, Justices Neil Gorsuch?
Democrats Joe Manchin, Heidi Heitkamp and Joe Donnelly voted to confirm Gorsuch, and Joe Manchin voted for ACB and Kavanaugh.

Okay, nothing to brag about, but not quite NONE.

Democrats Joe Manchin, Heidi Heitkamp and Joe Donnelly voted to confirm Gorsuch, and Joe Manchin voted for ACB and Kavanaugh.

Okay, nothing to brag about, but not quite NONE.

My source said differently. Dammit. :cry: ETA: (actually my source was correct and I misread below)
Thanks for the correction.
My apologies.
It remains to be seen whether other Republicans will vote to confirm Jackson. No Democrats voted in favor of confirming the most recent addition to the court, Justice Amy Coney Barrett, who was the last of three justices selected by former President Donald Trump. Nearly every Democrat opposed Trump’s first two picks, Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh. https://dailyuspost.com/politics/su...or-supreme-court-in-first-republican-backing/

Last edited:
My source said differently. Dammit. :cry:
And I was wrong about Manchin and Barrett! He voted against her.
We'll get it straightened out eventually.

And I was wrong about;) Manchin and Barrett! He voted against her.

Read my ETA above: I was wrong too, so now we're both back to square one... ;)

My source said differently. Dammit. :cry: ETA: (actually my source was correct and I misread below)
My apologies.
And I was wrong about Manchin and Barrett! He voted against her.
Read my ETA above: I was wrong too, so now we're both back to square one... ;)

--

Wow!

After reading these last several posts, I'm becoming convinced the women here are showing a lot better attitude & social-skills than many of us men!

Last edited:
I am not going to applaud Collins for this, seems strictly political on her part.
Why do you say that? She doesn't have to worry about votes for 5 years and Maine is one of the whitest states in the country. So what is she being 'political' about?

Back
Top Bottom