• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

#GOPMustGo New video by PAC MeidasTouch

Trippy Trekker

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
This new video by MeidasTouch caught my attention this morning. I hope some of you enjoy it and/or make comments.

This is an ad for what?

The Information Video portion of the OP provides you a snapshot of the current state of the GOP party.
I saw it and I watched the ad.

From a group where one of the founders is a 2-time award-winning video editor, I expected better. It looks like something that could have been done by a college student.

I saw it and I watched the ad.

From a group where one of the founders is a 2-time award-winning video editor, I expected better. It looks like something that could have been done by a college student.

I don't get that's there's a problem with the quality of the video. Nonetheless, besides your criticism of that, do you have any objection to the substance and message of the video and why?

I don't get that's there's a problem with the quality of the video. Nonetheless, besides your criticism of that, do you have any objection to the substance and message of the video and why?
I can't determine what the ad is FOR.

It is clear what it is against. GOP bad. Got it.

But I don't see what it is FOR.

It isn't for a particular candidate...none was mentioned.
It isn't for even a particular geographic location...as the individuals mentioned are all over the place.

Was there a point past that? Who is the target audience? What is the goal of the ad?

Sort of represents how the democrats are bad at messaging. GOP bad. Got it. And what?

“Tone Deaf Trumpers for $1000 Alex.” Ha ha ha

This new video by MeidasTouch caught my attention this morning. I hope some of you enjoy it and/or make comments.

That video is brilliant. The Gazpacho idiot screaming "we are the base of the party" and adding in the corrupt Cawthorn and that racist pig Fuentes and of course that moron Boebert (I wonder if she's figured out what Prince John she was talking about yet)...

It's a reminder to anyone with a working brain what shit is inside the GOP.

I always laugh at that video of that pig MTG grabbing the cardboard crotch of Trump.

It isn't for even a particular geographic location...as the individuals mentioned are all over the place.

Was there a point past that? Who is the target audience? What is the goal of the ad?

Sort of represents how the democrats are bad at messaging. GOP bad. Got it. And what?

Controversy​

Rolling Stone magazine did an in depth look into MeidasTouch and their activities, called "The Trouble with Meidas Touch". Among other findings, Rolling Stone noted their campaign fundraising was "nonsensical and a more effective tool for fundraising than for helping Democrats win elections" and that "MeidasTouch's grandiose self-promotion doesn't match reality".

You don’t seem like part of the group that recognizes and appreciates galling truth wrapped in humor.

Hatred for America thinly veiled as bashing the GOP

Controversy​

Rolling Stone magazine did an in depth look into MeidasTouch and their activities, called "The Trouble with Meidas Touch". Among other findings, Rolling Stone noted their campaign fundraising was "nonsensical and a more effective tool for fundraising than for helping Democrats win elections" and that "MeidasTouch's grandiose self-promotion doesn't match reality".

You don’t seem like part of the group that recognizes and appreciates galling truth wrapped in humor.
I appreciate good business/advertising when I see it. I appreciate talent when I see it.

I don't see that ad as anything special or showing any incredible talent. Nor is it incredibly "clever". It was repetitive and didn't seem to have a point other than "GOP bad". Which hey...I get it. They definitely highlighted some complete wackos in the party. If that's the 'gotcha' then it is flat...no more impressive than saying the sky is blue.

Like I said originally, I found it quality-wise of what I would expect from a college student project.

Perhaps Rolling Stone was onto something...I never saw their commentary on the group nor do I know if this ad is representative of their typical work.

It is FOR saving America from the unamerican, pro Putin, GOP.

I thought that was obvious.

I appreciate good business/advertising when I see it. I appreciate talent when I see it.

I don't see that ad as anything special or showing any incredible talent. Nor is it incredibly "clever". It was repetitive and didn't seem to have a point other than "GOP bad". Which hey...I get it. They definitely highlighted some complete wackos in the party. If that's the 'gotcha' then it is flat...no more impressive than saying the sky is blue.

Like I said originally, I found it quality-wise of what I would expect from a college student project.

Perhaps Rolling Stone was onto something...I never saw their commentary on the group nor do I know if this ad is representative of their typical work.
Critique the ad, ignore the message.

A convenient tactic.

Critique the ad, ignore the message.

A convenient tactic.
Well, apparently the point of the ad is to get people to open up their wallets and send money to the PAC that created it?

Did you feel compelled to do so?

Well, apparently the point of the ad is to get people to open up their wallets and send money to the PAC that created it?

Did you feel compelled to do so?
The point of the ad is to save America from the unamerican, pro Putin, GOP.

I am a patriot. I think that is good cause.

Are you ok with that pro putin crap?

The video is messaging that the base of the party is making insane comments that are dangerous to our democracy.

You didn't answer my questions. If you disagree or agree with the substance of the video or not. Do you agree or disagree that the statements given by the Reps in the video are good or, as you say, "GOP bad." But you won't say. There's enough info given in the video for you to formulate an opinion. If even a qualified one. But you won't. You evade and attempt to change the subject. Will you please give a forthright response?

Back
Top Bottom