• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOPers, if Trump broke the law, does that upset you at all?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It seems even Fox News talking heads are beginning to say that Trump committed a felony by his payoffs to his women right before the election. Now I remember that you wanted Clinton impeached for lying to a grand Jury about a sexual matter a few years ago, even though he was doing a great job as president by Trump standards, i.e., a very good economy. So should they at least impeach Trump or does his committing a felony not bother you as it seems not to bother some GOP legislators in Washington?

Yes. It does upset me. To impeach Trump, The Constitution says a president's crimes must be high crimes and high misdemeanors. For example, paying off a former lover of Trump is not a high crime or high misdemeanor.

It seems even Fox News talking heads are beginning to say that Trump committed a felony by his payoffs to his women right before the election. Now I remember that you wanted Clinton impeached for lying to a grand Jury about a sexual matter a few years ago, even though he was doing a great job as president by Trump standards, i.e., a very good economy. So should they at least impeach Trump or does his committing a felony not bother you as it seems not to bother some GOP legislators in Washington?

7exn16104z001.jpg

Yes. It does upset me. To impeach Trump, The Constitution says a president's crimes must be high crimes and high misdemeanors. For example, paying off a former lover of Trump is not a high crime or high misdemeanor.

Having the head of a media company buy people's stories so that he can make sure they never see the light of day so that your attempt to con people into voting for you is not impeded ... that puts things in a different light.

But Trump supporters wouldn't care anyway. They would yell for the impeachment of Obama (like they were doing all along with much much less). But this is Trump. And the GOP has sold its soul.

Having the head of a media company buy people's stories so that he can make sure they never see the light of day so that your attempt to con people into voting for you is not impeded ... that puts things in a different light.

But Trump supporters wouldn't care anyway. They would yell for the impeachment of Obama (like they were doing all along with much much less). But this is Trump. And the GOP has sold its soul.

No, it doesn't necessarily put things in a different light as you call it. As a Trump voter, I would've had to view the information that was hidden to decide and, well, as a Never-Trumper, the hidden information wouldn't have mattered.

Hard core Trump supporters will never waiver with their support under any circumstances. I'm pretty sure that was established a while ago.

Trump did not pay off MacDougal or Stormy. AMI paid MacDougal and Essential Consultants, LLC paid Stormy.

Trump did not pay off MacDougal or Stormy. AMI paid MacDougal and Essential Consultants, LLC paid Stormy.

At the direction of Trump DURING the campaign. I really hope Cohen had recordings of that as well.

The campaign finance violation he is implicated in is a felony.

Paying someone else to commit a felony for you is still a felony.

But perjury and obstruction of justice are. And those are among the high crimes Trump is being investigated for.

Neither is getting a blowjob but lying about it can get you impeached.

It seems even Fox News talking heads are beginning to say that Trump committed a felony by his payoffs to his women right before the election.

That actually might make some sense if he had not been doing the same thing for twenty years and more before that.
His life has been public for decades. I am surprised you were shocked.

Corrected for accuracy:
Neither is getting a blowjob in the oval office and other offices in the west wing but lying about it can get you impeached.

Secret Service officer tells how Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky were caught having sex on Oval Office desk and how the intern was transferred to work for HILLARY - but the President brought her back to the West Wing in a PAID position

While he was President also figures into the Clinton equation.

AFAIK, President Trump has not been accused of any high crime or misdemeanor while in office.

Pales in comparison to Trump's shenanigans yet he was impeached. Not saying he shouldn't be impeached for it just saying Trumptards have no problem with Clinton's impeachment but when it comes to their Lord God Trump, no attrocity is unforgivable.

But, when and IF all the facts are revealed, the question is, will the Trumptards still support Trump should his indiscretions rise to the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors?" I am guessing they will.

But, of course, it actually is. Multiple felonies, no less.

GOPers, if Trump broke the law, does that upset you at all?

It certainly doesn't upset GOP Congress-critters. So glad 40 of them will be gone come January 3.

Few of them are going to be as honest about their dishonesty as Orrin Hatch. They're going to say "yes of course" so they can pretend to be taking the moral high ground while still saying "but he's innocent" no matter what happens.

Why the hell ask them if they care? If you really want to know, wait and see what they're saying once Meuller's report comes out. Well....assuming it says what many suspect it will say.

It is a felony, which seems to be a high crime. He was involved in a conspiracy to hide a campaign contribution, which is a felony.

But perjury and obstruction of justice are. And those are among the high crimes Trump is being investigated for.

And I suspect that we will see evidence of those as well before this is all over. Especially obstruction of justice.

Not high crimes nor high misdemeanors. You want to remove Trump from office, better find some big crimes.

As you implied, Bill's impeachment proved that anyone can be impeached.

So, we're going down the two wrongs make a (W)right path?

But, of course, it actually is. Multiple felonies, no less.

Bill's impeachment proved any president can be impeached for anything. Getting removed is entirely different. High crimes and high misdemeanors must be employed to be removed. Or do you just want to harass Trump for the entirety of his term(s) as president?

And I suspect that we will see evidence of those as well before this is all over. Especially obstruction of justice.

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts the dems (and Never-Trumpers) would all have a merry Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom