• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP wants to increase defense spending while demanding even more cuts elsewhere

Here we go again, someone who ignores the waste, fraud, and abuse in social issues as you think with your heart instead of the brain and doing research. Pretty simple, money not going as intended, stolen, or misapplied is abuse

Hiding behind a paywall is not going to protect you. So you want to cut Social Security and Medicare?

Thank you for your biased, partisan opinion and one that your country participated in as if that matters today. What matters today is what the true role of the Federal gov't is and if their main purpose in spending is for the Common defense, is 10% of the budget indicative of that.
My "biased, partisan opinion" is widely held among those of us not blinded to the truth by lies, propaganda or nationalistic posturing masquerading as 'patriotism'.

My "biased, partisan opinion" is widely held among those of us not blinded to the truth by lies, propaganda or nationalistic posturing masquerading as 'patriotism'.
Truth and lies? what is your criteria and experience in determining the difference?

A lot of waste in social spending as well but why doesn't that resonate? Doesn't appear that you or many here understand the true role of the federal gov't ignoring that most social programs belong to the states
How do you plant to take care of the old people in nursing homes in Texas conservative? Without federal dollars?
Your state can't do it..

How do you plant to take care of the old people in nursing homes in Texas conservative? Without federal dollars?
Your state can't do it..
With the TX budget surpluses, community support like we have now

Your state can't do it..

With the TX budget surpluses, community support like we have now
You have a surplus be abuse of all the federal dollars you get. Particularly from the pandemic money.

If your state could do it on their own..why don't the refuse medicaid? They could refuse to participate.
Face facts. You can't support your elderly.
In fact you don't have a clue..per your usual of what they even cost to take care of.

You have a surplus be abuse of all the federal dollars you get. Particularly from the pandemic money.
LOL, abuse? Gov't created programs and fund them out of taxpayer dollars, you cannot seem to grasp that reality. Think those leftists in California and NY abused the system with their high state and local tax deductions from their federal returns? What makes you think that TX is abusing Federal tax dollars coming to the state? You don't seem to have a clue what they fund
If your state could do it on their own..why don't the refuse medicaid? They could refuse to participate.
Because the Medicaid program is flawed, run by bureaucrats in DC and Federal funding runs out then becomes state and local responsibility.
Face facts. You can't support your elderly.
In fact you don't have a clue..per your usual of what they even cost to take care of.
Pure fact you are a liberal who cannot defend your position properly. The cost for the elderly is a state and local expense so why is it federal tax responsibility?

Seventy years of life, with fifty of them spent listening to lying, self-serving politicians. Clearly you have yet to learn.
I have you by 6 years plus living in this country I am not civics and economically challenged like foreigners are

I have you by 6 years plus living in this country I am not civics and economically challenged like foreigners are
Oh here we go again with the idiotic 'you're a foreigner' schtick. You do know that the internet equips anyone who takes an interest with all they need to know about the politics of any nation they care to examine? Being a citizen of a nation doesn't render one exclusively knowledgeable about the system they live with.

The GOP only supports Vets who were not captured by the enemy.

Oh here we go again with the idiotic 'you're a foreigner' schtick. You do know that the internet equips anyone who takes an interest with all they need to know about the politics of any nation they care to examine? Being a citizen of a nation doesn't render one exclusively knowledgeable about the system they live with.
You seem to pay a lot of attention to media, probably Facebook and pass that information off as fact, it isn't Basic US Civics and economics destroys your narrative and I am not going to argue with you any more on that issue. Being a citizen of this country, living in this country, paying taxes in this country, experiencing results in this country make me a lot more knowledgeable than you

You seem to pay a lot of attention to media, probably Facebook and pass that information off as fact, it isn't Basic US Civics and economics destroys your narrative and I am not going to argue with you any more on that issue. Being a citizen of this country, living in this country, paying taxes in this country, experiencing results in this country make me a lot more knowledgeable than you
'Assumption is the mother of all screw ups'. So don't make them. Oh, and keep your idiotic faux nationalism and arrogant xenophobia to yourself.

LOL, abuse? Gov't created programs and fund them out of taxpayer dollars, you cannot seem to grasp that reality. Think those leftists in California and NY abused the system with their high state and local tax deductions from their federal returns? What makes you think that TX is abusing Federal tax dollars coming to the state? You don't seem to have a clue what they fund

Because the Medicaid program is flawed, run by bureaucrats in DC and Federal funding runs out then becomes state and local responsibility.

Pure fact you are a liberal who cannot defend your position properly. The cost for the elderly is a state and local expense so why is it federal tax responsibility?
1. TEXAS has a surplus BECAUSE of all the federal dollars it gets. Particularly after the pandemic stimulus etc.
2. Umm no. The states decide of they want to receive medicaid dollars.
And frankly the states largely decide how that medicaid is spent.
3. It became a federal tax responsibility because states
.like Texas...could not take care of their elderly. You couldn't do it. YOUR STATE COULDNT DO IT. SO ALL YOUR.." LOCAL SUPPORT..LOCAL CHARITY" IS PURE BULLCRAP.
So your state had to sign up to accept medicaid just like other states did.
So..states like California and NY
.. that send way more money into tge federal government than they get back can help subsidize the elderly in your state.

1. TEXAS has a surplus BECAUSE of all the federal dollars it gets. Particularly after the pandemic stimulus etc.
2. Umm no. The states decide of they want to receive medicaid dollars.
And frankly the states largely decide how that medicaid is spent.
3. It became a federal tax responsibility because states
.like Texas...could not take care of their elderly. You couldn't do it. YOUR STATE COULDNT DO IT. SO ALL YOUR.." LOCAL SUPPORT..LOCAL CHARITY" IS PURE BULLCRAP.
So your state had to sign up to accept medicaid just like other states did.
So..states like California and NY
.. that send way more money into tge federal government than they get back can help subsidize the elderly in your state.
why does it matter to you as you don't live in TX. You have no understanding of the budget, no understanding of what dollars going back to the state funds thus making you a waste of time

why does it matter to you as you don't live in TX. You have no understanding of the budget, no understanding of what dollars going back to the state funds thus making you a waste of time
Because I am tired of the hypocritical ignorant bs you spew daily. You have zero clue about the budget. Zero understanding of economics and get proven wrong by posters over and over again. You make REAL conservatives like myself look bad.
How many times do you have to be proven wrong before you stfu???

The population is more than 10 times bigger than many of the countries you are touting. The Biden budget request in 2022 was 6.0 trillion dollars with 10% of that to defense. What is disgusting is the ignorance of the left in believing that is too high for the defense of 330+ million Americans. I suggest you educate yourself before making posts like this one.

China and India both have a billion people and spend way less on the military than the US does.

Why can't common defense be a 100 to 200 billion dollars elite defense force that protects US shores, why does it have to be a 700 billion dollar empire? Where in the Constitution does it say the government has to spend 700 billion dollars a year on defense. You are taking a vague sentence in the Constitution and spinning it out into a giant empire that has nothing to do with common defense.

The US just flat out lost 12 billion dollars in Iraq one time:

Would you fine with any other government agency just losing 12 billion dollars?

Because I am tired of the hypocritical ignorant bs you spew daily. You have zero clue about the budget. Zero understanding of economics and get proven wrong by posters over and over again. You make REAL conservatives like myself look bad.
How many times do you have to be proven wrong before you stfu???
It is only ignorant according to you and you have no credibility. Here is the fricken budget, educate yourself. There isn't anything conservative about anything you post and most people know it. Those posters you support prove exactly my point. Conservatives believe in people keeping more of what they earn. You ought to be ashamed of yourself helping put Biden in the WH. Where is your apology

Government spending is broken down into three categories: mandatory spending, discretionary spending, and interest on the national debt. Each category of spending has different subcategories.

Back
Top Bottom