• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

GOP voters say they enjoy the ‘Trump Show’ but want to see a plan for second term

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
GOP voters say they enjoy the ‘Trump Show’ but want to see a plan for second term

main-qimg-38c40783552b1e643f40fe4c5bd600fa

8/26/20
A lifelong Republican, Pamela DeVoll in North Texas she is seeing the opposite of what she’d hoped for: “I didn’t want the Trump Show, I wanted the Republican Show,” she said. “I am not going to give up my Second Amendment rights, and I’m absolutely for the police,” she said, “but I need to vote for things that will make my life better. I was hoping to see speakers that weren’t just regurgitating Trump. I wanted to see some glimpses of the Republican Party I’ve always supported.” Whether they’re hardcore Trumpers, party loyalists who struggle with Trump’s manner or traditional conservatives who believe the party has lost its way. For Republicans who spent most of their voting lives committed to low taxes, less debt and other hallmarks of Reagan conservatism, this week’s video testimonials to Trump make it harder for them to stick with a president they find alternately exciting and maddening.O’Connell, a father of four who lives in the suburbs east of Phoenix, has avoided watching the convention, relying on news clips, which he said sounded to him “like a lot of rhetoric that amounts to, ‘They are coming to get you.’ I think that is the exact wrong tone that our country needs right now. It sounds like very apocalyptic rhetoric . . . sort of a Trump cult.” “It’s all fear-mongering, and I don’t like that whatsoever,” he said.

“I wanted to see something of substance rather than them just blaming the Democrats for everything,” said DeVoll, 62, a retired high school food-science teacher. “What drew me to Trump was the idea that he wasn’t going to do business the same old way. But he’s not done anything different than anyone else other than embarrass us.” DeVoll has struggled to square her frustration with Trump — especially on his handling of the coronavirus pandemic — with her relatives’ and friends’ passion for the president. “Every day, I would watch President Trump’s update, hoping he’d say something that would keep me from feeling afraid,” she said, “that he’d let the experts talk and say what he’s doing to protect us. But he just puts it on the governors. He isn’t giving us anything other than, ‘It’s not my job.’ ” A huge majority of Republicans — 85 percent — said in a CBS News poll that they wanted to hear their party spell out its plans for the next four years, while only 15 percent said they preferred to hear why former vice president Joe Biden shouldn’t be the next president. The party on display this week, Travis Klavohn said, will lose ground in suburbia this fall. “In the long term, maybe that’s a good thing,” he said, “that we realize we need to moderate our tone and serve every citizen to win these communities.”

So far, the Republican convention has been little more than an opportunity to pay homage to Donald Trump and his nepotism family.

There is no GOP party platform, no substance. No policies on the best way to save American lives during the COVID pandemic, nor any understanding that the economy can't be fixed unless COVID is brought under control.

With Hurricane Laura bearing down on the Gulf Coast, let’s remember that two weeks ago Trump took away more than $40 billion from FEMA’s disaster relief fund. Lethal incompetence. And he does not have a plan for pre/post hurricane relief.

Maybe he'll go to Cameron, Louisiana and toss paper towels to the devastated town people like he did in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria in 2017.

And the White House is basically admitting that they no longer have the means to help residents in Texas and Louisiana.

From their press release today:

"Hurricane Laura made landfall around 1 a.m. over Cameron, Louisiana, as a Category 4 Major Hurricane with 150 mph winds. Hurricane Laura continues moving north affecting the states of Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas. As we begin to assess the damage, please continue to heed the warnings and instructions of your State and local officials as storm hazards will persist long after the storm has passed."

Translation: "You're on your own."

There is no American plan.

Why are Dems hoping for Repub votes? I thought this election was in the bag.

Why are Dems hoping for Repub votes? I thought this election was in the bag.

It is difficult to win elections when one side is using a parade of lies and deception.

Disrespecting our constitution by obstructing one's ability to vote is despicable.

It is difficult to win elections when one side is using a parade of lies and deception.

Disrespecting our constitution by obstructing one's ability to vote is despicable.

What’s the matter? Can’t find a place to buy stamps? Just mail it in, or hand it to a harvester to vote for you.

What’s the matter? Can’t find a place to buy stamps? Just mail it in, or hand it to a harvester to vote for you.

You have turned this country into a laughing stock.

So far, the Republican convention has been little more than an opportunity to pay homage to Donald Trump and his nepotism family.

There is no GOP party platform, no substance. No policies on the best way to save American lives during the COVID pandemic, nor any understanding that the economy can't be fixed unless COVID is brought under control.

With Hurricane Laura bearing down on the Gulf Coast, let’s remember that two weeks ago Trump took away more than $40 billion from FEMA’s disaster relief fund. Lethal incompetence. And he does not have a plan for pre/post hurricane relief.

Maybe he'll go to Cameron, Louisiana and toss paper towels to the devastated town people like he did in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria in 2017.

His plan is to win election and start working on developing a dynasty involving his son and daughter while Pence works as his placeholder. He's going to stay on the front page bragging and attacking as a king-maker and king breaker in the GOP until the day he dies He wants his family to have a permanent place in the GOP and in politics. Keep the carney act in the family.

The GOP is going to deserve this special slice of hell they have consigned themselves to for the next decade, but the country really needs a center right political party that can articulate those small govt, fiscal discipline, and low taxes values, that they threw away for federal judgeships and a few years of extra cash for the 1% club.

Last edited:
His plan is to win election and start working on developing a dynasty involving his son and daughter while Pence works as his placeholder. He's going to stay on the front page bragging and attacking as a king-maker and king breaker in the GOP until the day he dies He wants his family to have a permanent place in the GOP and in politics. Keep the carney act in the family.

The GOP is going to deserve this special slice of hell they have consigned themselves to for the next decade, but the country really needs a center right political party that can articulate those small govt, fiscal discipline, and low taxes values, that they threw away for federal judgeships and a few years of extra cash for the 1% club.

This thread is disturbing and sickening. Basically Trumpnsupporters like the Trump show? Racism, hatred, incompetence, and lies?

When will these people this story will not end well for them.

You have turned this country into a laughing stock.

Get used to it. Trump is going to be reelected. Americans don't like the chaos they're seeing in Democrat-run states and cities.

And the White House is basically admitting that they no longer have the means to help residents in Texas and Louisiana.

From their press release today:

"Hurricane Laura made landfall around 1 a.m. over Cameron, Louisiana, as a Category 4 Major Hurricane with 150 mph winds. Hurricane Laura continues moving north affecting the states of Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas. As we begin to assess the damage, please continue to heed the warnings and instructions of your State and local officials as storm hazards will persist long after the storm has passed."

Translation: "You're on your own."

Of course. No time to address and emergency when it's far more important to bask in the glow of adoring cultists and lackeys.

Get used to it. Trump is going to be reelected. Americans don't like the chaos they're seeing in Democrat-run states and cities.
Americans don't like the chaos they're seeing in Republican run Washington D.C.

I can tell you are a Fox viewer, because Fox has been exaggerating events. According to them, cities are burning all through America. It just isn't true. There are demonstrations, which are overall peaceful, but when a cop kills a black man unjustifiably, it releases a stream of outrage. The solution is to stop the unjustified killing, not clamp down on the response. Biden said he will address the unjustified killing while Trump's response is the fascist iron boot.

“The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence, the better it is for the very clear choice on who’s best on public safety, law and order.”

-Kellyanne Conway

https://twitter.com/susanpage/status/1299025827133362177

The Republican election plan is to turn up the temperature on the protests as much as possible, running nonstop clips of rioting, and turning murderers into heroes. Their election strategy is total nationwide chaos. It’s the “caravan” strategy with Americans fighting and killing each other in the streets.

Trump is a real life version of Leland Gaunt.

Is it over yet?

Americans don't like the chaos they're seeing in Republican run Washington D.C.

I can tell you are a Fox viewer, because Fox has been exaggerating events. According to them, cities are burning all through America. It just isn't true. There are demonstrations, which are overall peaceful, but when a cop kills a black man unjustifiably, it releases a stream of outrage. The solution is to stop the unjustified killing, not clamp down on the response. Biden said he will address the unjustified killing while Trump's response is the fascist iron boot.

You should ask the small business owners, many of them black, whose businesses have been torched by "peaceful" protesters whether they believe Fox is exaggerating their circumstances. The fiction is cops are just running amok systematically killing black people. You can blame that on CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO....

It's whatever the **** he says it is, whenever his famous gut tells him to.

You should ask the small business owners, many of them black, whose businesses have been torched by "peaceful" protesters whether they believe Fox is exaggerating their circumstances. The fiction is cops are just running amok systematically killing black people. You can blame that on CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO....

The extent of it is exaggerated. I mean, after all, Fox News is almost exclusively a Trump cheerleader.

“I wanted to see something of substance rather than them just blaming the Democrats for everything,” said DeVoll, 62, a retired high school food-science teacher. “What drew me to Trump was the idea that he wasn’t going to do business the same old way. But he’s not done anything different than anyone else other than embarrass us.”

Botched the pandemic response. Collapsed the economy. Stoking civil unrest in the streets. Taking away health care. Won't defend our troops from foreign aggression. Can't deliver the mail. Can't conduct the Census.

Incompetence and malice are the whole ballgame for Trump here and both are costing lives and livelihoods.

If these acts were actually caused by the BLM protesters and not right-wing groups.
“There were white supremacists marching under the banner of Black Lives Matter, attempting to undermine an otherwise overwhelmingly peaceful movement towards social justice,” Mayor Levar Stoney said Sunday at a news conference.

Minneapolis protests: 'Umbrella Man' who broke windows is white supremacist, police say

Man who helped ignite George Floyd riots identified as white supremacist: Police

White Supremacist Street Gangs Are Going to BLM Protests

The extent of it is exaggerated. I mean, after all, Fox News is almost exclusively a Trump cheerleader.

What's exaggerated is the problem of shootings of unarmed black suspects. In 2019, there were ten such shootings--in total--in the country. Meanwhile, at least seven thousand blacks were murdered and tens of thousands more shot. This isn't about black lives. It's about furthering a leftist agenda, and the leftwing media is largely culpable in furthering it. What these leftist bozos don't understand is blacks want the same thing everyone else does: a chance to prosper and live in peace. Trump gets it. Biden's just a another pimp selling a dream.

I don’t know why GOP voters are complaining about Trump’s plan. He described his plan in detail on 8/27/20:

“But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we’d have a very, very solid, we would continue what we’re doing, we’d solidify what we’ve done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done.”

It’s an update of what he told Hannity earlier:
745c96fc5a6e2fc3da6b8e1b2379a8ed.jpg

At least he’s consistently incoherent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...in Trump’s America..........

“Only I can fix what I have wrought!”

Some of their quotes were awesome and true. I keep saying Trump is a fake populist. I remember when he campaigned before, he promised everybody would have healthcare and it would be better than Obamacare. This year he is mostly running on drug prices which is really incredible, because drug prices are still extremely high and he didn’t give us the healthcare he promised.

He has also promised payroll tax cuts that will threaten Social Security.

If he wins reelection, older Americans will be ****ed so bad. I will have trouble feeling sorry for the Trump supporters in their ranks.

Back
Top Bottom