• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP to White House: ObamaCare delay for businesses unfair to everyone else

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
House Republican leaders on Tuesday urged the Obama administration to grant everybody a reprieve from the ObamaCare insurance mandate, suggesting the recent decision to delay only the requirement on businesses would be unfair to everyone else.

"We agree with you that the burden was overwhelming for employers, but we also believe American families need the same relief," House Speaker John Boehner and several other top Republicans wrote in a letter to President Obama.

Read more: GOP to White House: ObamaCare delay for businesses unfair to everyone else | Fox News

"White House spokesman Jay Carney said the administration has no intention of delaying the individual mandate."

This President is SUCH A PUPPET to big business it is unbelievable. First he grants insurance companies exemptions to the law, along with his BIG donors, the unions. Now he is granting business a one year exemption. So how are democrates going to defend this businesses get a break but not the people.

Read more: GOP to White House: ObamaCare delay for businesses unfair to everyone else | Fox News

"White House spokesman Jay Carney said the administration has no intention of delaying the individual mandate."

This President is SUCH A PUPPET to big business it is unbelievable. First he grants insurance companies exemptions to the law, along with his BIG donors, the unions. Now he is granting business a one year exemption. So how are democrates going to defend this businesses get a break but not the people.

It is ridiculous.

Well, my guess is that they do not want to go into an election year with massive layoffs and people's hours being cut but want the lower middle class to be politically grateful for all this wonderful health insurance before the hammer drops and they are clubbed like baby seals.

Well, my guess is that they do not want to go into an election year with massive layoffs and people's hours being cut but want the lower middle class to be politically grateful for all this wonderful health insurance before the hammer drops and they are clubbed like baby seals.

Probably real close to being 100% correct.

Only the low information types really think the real purpose behind Obamacare was for everyone to get health insurance to begin with. The real purpose was of course, additional government control over everyone's life.

I'm so glad I'm independent now. What a political sideshow. On one end you have the President that's allowing businesses a year to prepare themselves for this (and in my opinion, I wouldn't give it to them.) and pro-business Boehner complaining that someone in the business world gets it easy while an individual has to begin now is going to have it rough. Ask Boehner why he was raw about extending unemployment benefits. Washington! Wow! Better entertainment than a circus!! :roll:

Well my goodness, Boehner is siding with small "d" democrats. Who'd a thought it. Wonderland for sure.

The thing that is bothering me about this exemption crap going on is that Obamacare is the law, sad as it is, it is the law. The President is giving out exemptions to the law. As our nations highest law enforcement officer shouldnt he be making sure the laws are followed not picking & choosing who doesnt have to abide by the law?

Where is this going to lead?
What other laws can he (or any President) just choose to hand out exemptions to?

Kind of undermines our legal system. Congress passes a bill and a President signs that bill into law...if a President (same or different) doesnt like a portion of the new law he just hands out exemptions to that law? Whats to stop him from handing out exemptions to any law?

Isnt that an "end around" to the legal system & the law?

Implementation of the employer mandate has been delayed for technical reasons. No such reasons exist for delaying implementation of the individual mandate. Calling for a delay is just another attempt by the Republicans to obstruct the welfare of the American People. Worse, it's another example of the Republicans' persistent violation of their oath of office:

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Their focus on interfering with the implementation of PPACA rather than dealing with the problems America faces clearly isn't "faithfully discharging the duties of the office." We should be calling for their arrest and prosecution rather than allowing them to further harm the American People.

How many years will it take to fix this legislation? This country is the master of problem creation. Our congress failed us again when they were unable to put a comprehensive, intelligent plan together.

I hope they can get it right.

How many years will it take to fix this legislation? This country is the master of problem creation. Our congress failed us again when they were unable to put a comprehensive, intelligent plan together.

I hope they can get it right.

Blame the Republicans. Their obstruction and obfuscation of everything the Democrats proposed is the reason we are facing difficulties. Had they cooperated with the American People, we'd be moving on to something else. Instead, we're constantly revisiting what should be finished.

Probably real close to being 100% correct.

Only the low information types really think the real purpose behind Obamacare was for everyone to get health insurance to begin with. The real purpose was of course, additional government control over everyone's life.

You forgot the fact that Obama wants to sell the country to China, and abort everybody after taking their guns, turning them gay and converting them to atheist muslim vegan pacifist communist pedophiles.

Next time, you might want to froth at the mouth more and make sure your foil hat is on straight. Trust me, it'll make your case look much more presentable.

Blame the Republicans. Their obstruction and obfuscation of everything the Democrats proposed is the reason we are facing difficulties. Had they cooperated with the American People, we'd be moving on to something else. Instead, we're constantly revisiting what should be finished.

:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

I really don't believe that. It has been status quo for way to long to blame it on one party. Anything short of blaming the entire lot reeks of partisan hackery.

I really don't believe that. It has been status quo for way to long to blame it on one party. Anything short of blaming the entire lot reeks of partisan hackery.

I partially can accept your comment. The problems America faces cannot be blamed exclusively on the Republicans. Conservatism really is at the heart of our problems and some Democrats are conservative. So if you define "partisan" as liberal or conservative, you're right. Conservatism is causing our political system to fail.

I partially can accept your comment. The problems America faces cannot be blamed exclusively on the Republicans. Conservatism really is at the heart of our problems and some Democrats are conservative. So if you define "partisan" as liberal or conservative, you're right. Conservatism is causing our political system to fail.

I'll bite.

In the context of this thread, how is conservatism causing the failure to implement Obamacare to large corporations while it is being inacted on the citizens and small businesses? The GOP is saying that is unfair. How did conservatism cause this event that the head of the Executive branch has taken the law that was written and supported by our elected leaders and decided it doesn't apply to big business?

They have (most of) the press firmly on their side, just as with "dreamy" immigration law enforcement or the "BOLO lists" for taxation law "special attention". The demorats need lots of campaign cash to help them in the 2014 "mid term" elections, as well as knowing that this "mandate" will cost jobs - even the press cannot help spin job loss into a "good thing". First it was only selected "waivers" and "special exemptions" to get the law passed, but now that they realize the true impact of this nonsense, it must be "delayed" until after the upcomming elections. All Obama has to do is claim that "infrastructure is not yet in place", we (never I) "must set proirities" or that we "lack resources" and then he can simply ignore enforcement of any law(s) that he wishes to.

They have (most of) the press firmly on their side, just as with "dreamy" immigration law enforcement or the "BOLO lists" for taxation law "special attention". The demorats need lots of campaign cash to help them in the 2014 "mid term" elections, as well as knowing that this "mandate" will cost jobs - even the press cannot help spin job loss into a "good thing". First it was only selected "waivers" and "special exemptions" to get the law passed, but now that they realize the true impact of this nonsense, it must be "delayed" until after the upcomming elections. All Obama has to do is claim that "infrastructure is not yet in place", we (never I) "must set proirities" or that we "lack resources" and then he can simply ignore enforcement of any law(s) that he wishes to.

Which sets a terrible precedent. Too much Executive power.

I'll bite.

In the context of this thread, how is conservatism causing the failure to implement Obamacare to large corporations while it is being inacted on the citizens and small businesses? The GOP is saying that is unfair. How did conservatism cause this event that the head of the Executive branch has taken the law that was written and supported by our elected leaders and decided it doesn't apply to big business?

PPACA is complicated. That's the reason implementation of the employer mandate has been delayed. Affected employers say they need more time to create reporting systems and adjust their benefit structures. That wouldn't be necessary had we not had to settle for such a complicated method of semi-universal health care. Had we opted for some form of universal, single-payer health care, we wouldn't be dealing with all the complicated details of PPACA. That, of course, was impossible. Conservatives insisted on market-based approaches. That complicates everything because market-based approaches to public policy problems rarely work well. The only way to make them work is by rigging the market. That's what we had to do with PPACA and it resulted in complications.

PPACA is complicated. That's the reason implementation of the employer mandate has been delayed. Affected employers say they need more time to create reporting systems and adjust their benefit structures. That wouldn't be necessary had we not had to settle for such a complicated method of semi-universal health care. Had we opted for some form of universal, single-payer health care, we wouldn't be dealing with all the complicated details of PPACA. That, of course, was impossible. Conservatives insisted on market-based approaches. That complicates everything because market-based approaches to public policy problems rarely work well. The only way to make them work is by rigging the market. That's what we had to do with PPACA and it resulted in complications.

PPACA is politically complicated if its all implemented the way its supposed to be.

Mid terms are just around the corner dontchaknow.

For those wondering about immigration, this lack of executive branch ethics is why the GOP is not taking up immigration reform. They have no confidence the current President will execute the laws they write.

PPACA is politically complicated if its all implemented the way its supposed to be.

Mid terms are just around the corner dontchaknow.

For those wondering about immigration, this lack of executive branch ethics is why the GOP is not taking up immigration reform. They have no confidence the current President will execute the laws they write.

That may be what the Republicans say but most Americans know that Republicans don't like brown persons and aren't going to do anything to make their lives easier.

It is amazing.

Somehow, Obama took something that was already screwed up beyond comprehension, and he's screwed it up ten-fold worse.

It'll take five generations to fix this cluster you-know-what.

give me one link where a business says they want more time. Im calling you out on that BS.it has nothing to do what businesses want it has everything to do with the job loss and hour cut back that will happen and democrats don't want that inevitable result before the 2014 election

do you actually believe the crap this shyster of a President keeps spoon feeding you do you realize how much of a fool it makes you look . Do you know how much you are insulting others intelligence by thinking they will believe that BS

That may be what the Republicans say but most Americans know that Republicans don't like brown persons and aren't going to do anything to make their lives easier.

if all else fails pull out the race card. do you know how old that is getting. do you know how desperate it makes you out to be. is there any more cards in your deck other then the race card and the blame Bush card.

you liberals are so dam predicable. you cant have one thread negative of Obama with out a dam Liberal pulling out the race card

give me one link where a business says they want more time. Im calling you out on that BS.it has nothing to do what businesses want it has everything to do with the job loss and hour cut back that will happen and democrats don't want that inevitable result before the 2014 election BS

This article was published over three months before the White House delayed implementation.

Business groups ask IRS to delay health law's employer mandate

Obviously the Obama administration was listening to business.

That seems ingenuous. How much conservative support did you really need?

H.R.3590: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom