• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Takes Unprecedented 10-Point Lead on Generic Ballot

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
*Breaking News* - Mainstream Media

PRINCETON, NJ -- Republicans lead by 51% to 41% among registered voters in Gallup weekly tracking of 2010 congressional voting preferences. The 10-percentage-point lead is the GOP's largest so far this year and is its largest in Gallup's history of tracking the midterm generic ballot for Congress.

If I were a Democrat working in DC, I'd be scared right about now.

Half a million people show up for the Glenn Beck rally and now the largest republican lead on the generic ballot in Gallup's history.

Can you say:
"Landslide"...
"Bloodbath"...
"Massacre"...
Or how about simply... Buh-bye Nancy...

Republicans also maintain wide gap in enthusiasm about voting
by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Republicans lead by 51% to 41% among registered voters in Gallup weekly tracking of 2010 congressional voting preferences. The 10-percentage-point lead is the GOP's largest so far this year and is its largest in Gallup's history of tracking the midterm generic ballot for Congress.

*Breaking News* - Mainstream Media

If I were a Democrat working in DC, I'd be scared right about now.

Were I a Democrat I would have shat myself a dozen times already... and probably have gotten used to it by now. They may need diapers by election day though. A case of the nerves like I think the Dems are going to have this election season will give them the splatters something fierce.

While I like what this poll suggests, the fact still remains that the only ballot that really matters is the one in November.

Were I a Democrat I would have shat myself a dozen times already... and probably have gotten used to it by now. They may need diapers by election day though. A case of the nerves like I think the Dems are going to have this election season will give them the splatters something fierce.
how will republicans spin it if they fail to regain both houses, or even one? what if the dems keep both?

While I like what this poll suggests, the fact still remains that the only ballot that really matters is the one in November.

Agreed, but it's hard to ignore all the signs that are indicating the democratic massacre that's on the way.

Did you care to refute or are you content just looking like a foolish spazz?

If someone actually convinced themselves that there were 500,000 people at that event despite all the evidence to the contrary no amount of professional opinions or news organizations estimates are going to change their minds. Sometimes you just have to stand in awe.

If someone actually convinced themselves that there were 500,000 people at that event despite all the evidence to the contrary no amount of professional opinions or news organizations estimates are going to change their minds. Sometimes you just have to stand in awe.

So I will just take that as an affirmative on the "content to look" part. :shrug:

how will republicans spin it if they fail to regain both houses, or even one? what if the dems keep both?
I think they'll lose both, but probably not a veto-proof majority in the senate. The house is going to be a donkey massacre though, I'm almost willing to bet big on that.

I think they'll lose both, but probably not a veto-proof majority in the senate. The house is going to be a donkey massacre though, I'm almost willing to bet big on that.
i'm sure the republicans will pick up seats in both, but i dont think they will regain either this time around.

i'm sure the republicans will pick up seats in both, but i dont think they will regain either this time around.
Everything until election day is going to be pure speculation, but I will say that even though every polling statistic is going to have some kind of bias through margin of error it seems that the less intentionally biased polls are arguing for a grand sweep of at least congress, the senate is showing an up and down trending with incumbancy and heavy blue districts being the wildcard factor. So I cannot really say, but I think congress will go Republican(not that it means anything if they are a bunch of RINOs)

Or point and laugh.

Or make an irrelevant post like the one you just made?
And then wait for the riotous laughter to be redirected if the political polling holds up on election day.

And then wait for the riotous laughter to be redirected if the political polling holds up on election day.

Sorry, but you aren't going to get your "bloodbath" or "massacre" - ridiculously violent terms to describe upending fellow Americans, btw. People still remember which party drove this country into the ground in the first place and their collective memories aren't so short as to return that party to power.

But relevant enough for you to come post in it, amirite?

Yes, to point out how stupid generic polls are and how desperate people appear when they start treating these polls as relevant.

Sorry, but you aren't going to get your "bloodbath" or "massacre" - ridiculously violent terms to describe upending fellow Americans, btw.
As angry as people are in this country the donkeys better be glad it's just language. You have nothing to suggest solidly that the donkeys aren't going to get mudstomped in November, the polls may not hold up, this is true, but there is going to be "blood". These polls are so lopsided though there is nothing to suggest the democrat party comes out of this with the current majority, in fact a strong case can be made for a bloodbath.
People still remember which party drove this country into the ground in the first place and their collective memories aren't so short as to return that party to power.
Oh, you're right about that. About 2006 when all of the abuses from Wilsonian democracy to the New Deal to the very liberal Nixon years(yes I know he was republican) to the Clinton era loan shakedowns to the regulatory cluster**** of the 2006 democrat congress are "payment coming due", so yes.....in essence people know which ideology is to blame.

As angry as people are in this country the donkeys better be glad it's just language. You have nothing to suggest solidly that the donkeys aren't going to get mudstomped in November, the polls may not hold up, this is true, but there is going to be "blood". These polls are so lopsided though there is nothing to suggest the democrat party comes out of this with the current majority, in fact a strong case can be made for a bloodbath. Oh, you're right about that. About 2006 when all of the abuses from Wilsonian democracy to the New Deal to the very liberal Nixon years(yes I know he was republican) to the Clinton era loan shakedowns to the regulatory cluster**** of the 2006 democrat congress are "payment coming due", so yes.....in essence people know which ideology is to blame.

I think you overestimate the "anger" of the people who aren't fat assed and white. I also think you overestimate the value of a "generic" poll. The generic almost always wins...until the generic becomes a real person. Case in point: Harry Reid had his bags packed and ready to go. It was a sure loss for him...he was detested by just about everyone. And then the Republicans reached down into the barrel of all possible people they could run against Harry Reid and found the most bat**** looney tune they could find. And now it's a close race. So much for the "generic" kicking Harry Reid's ass from here to kingdom come.

:wow:...:lamo ...:think: ...:2rofll:

It's well known human behavior to laugh when you are scared. It helps with the tension.

Aww Tennesseerain, don't cry, it'll be ok. And I'm not fatassed and white! Lolol. And they say teapartiers are racist!!! Wow!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom