• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Shrugs Off Report That Trump Concealed Details Of Putin Meetings

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-putin-russia-meetings_us_5c3b80dee4b0e0baf53e6c6f

Top Republican lawmakers appeared unfazed Sunday by reports that President Donald Trump has “gone to extraordinary lengths” to conceal his conversations with Russian President Vladimir Putin over the last two years.

The Washington Post reported over the weekend that Trump has repeatedly sought to hide his interactions with Putin, often one of the main U.S. adversaries in international affairs. According to the story, Trump’s actions included “taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials,” such as former National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster.
=============================================
Makes you wonder about both Trump & the Congress.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-putin-russia-meetings_us_5c3b80dee4b0e0baf53e6c6f

Top Republican lawmakers appeared unfazed Sunday by reports that President Donald Trump has “gone to extraordinary lengths” to conceal his conversations with Russian President Vladimir Putin over the last two years.

The Washington Post reported over the weekend that Trump has repeatedly sought to hide his interactions with Putin, often one of the main U.S. adversaries in international affairs. According to the story, Trump’s actions included “taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials,” such as former National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster.

It's people like you that Trump is keeping stuff from...for good reason.

btw, have you asked Chuck and Nancy about their conversations and planning with others?

What truly makes me wonder is what folks think Trump may be speaking about. Is it some secret plot to overthrow our government and make Trump dictator. Perhaps they are working on plans to invade and carve up Europe. Perhaps create war in the Middle East, insuring a rise in oil prices that Russia would like to see and would help Trump show a bigger jump in GDP (U.S. now produces more than 10mm barrels per day). Perhaps Putin wants to sell pictures he has of Hillary doing Elizabeth Warren.

I would be more interested to read the notes regarding Obama's deal with the Iranians. If there is a promise the U.S. will not interfere when Iran attempts to destroy Israel.

What truly makes me wonder is what folks think Trump may be speaking about. Is it some secret plot to overthrow our government and make Trump dictator. Perhaps they are working on plans to invade and carve up Europe. Perhaps create war in the Middle East, insuring a rise in oil prices that Russia would like to see and would help Trump show a bigger jump in GDP (U.S. now produces more than 10mm barrels per day). Perhaps Putin wants to sell pictures he has of Hillary doing Elizabeth Warren.

I would be more interested to read the notes regarding Obama's deal with the Iranians. If there is a promise the U.S. will not interfere when Iran attempts to destroy Israel.

Curious that discussions about Trump on this board almost always become discussions about Obama.

Curious that discussions about Trump on this board almost always become discussions about Obama.

Forget the second paragraph that was for fun. I could have suggested that no administration has/will ever disclose their private conversations. Thus the word PRIVATE.

Now respond to the first paragraph without any deflection. Doubt I will see a reasoned response from you.

Forget the second paragraph that was for fun. I could have suggested that no administration has/will ever disclose their private conversations. Thus the word PRIVATE.

Now respond to the first paragraph without any deflection. Doubt I will see a reasoned response from you.

You are correct in that. It's too late at night & I have dealt with too many other topics tonight to start in on Iran. I haven't studied that so I will decline.

But...but...Hillary...emails...birth certificate!!

It's to be expected when y'all ignored Obama for 8 years and want to wet your pants everytime President Trump farts.

But...but...Hillary...emails...birth certificate!!

Don't be a jerk. I cited neither. If you have something to debate that is above 8th grade level get back to me. Else please have no interactions with me.

Don't be a jerk. I cited neither. If you have something to debate that is above 8th grade level get back to me. Else please have no interactions with me.

Name calling is not much more mature is it? Read the rules lately ?

Name calling is not much more mature is it? Read the rules lately ?

What name calling. Simply responded when you brought up things totally unrelated to my post. But to insure we do not have misunderstandings in the future I am putting you on ignore. Hope that helps.

What name calling. Simply responded when you brought up things totally unrelated to my post. But to insure we do not have misunderstandings in the future I am putting you on ignore. Hope that helps.

Thanks, it saves me the trouble lol

That's because whenever people talk about some "bad thing" that Trump has supposedly done, there is a much worse "bad thing" that Obama has actually done.

Can't help but compare them...especially with Trump rolling back all that bad stuff that Obama did.

What truly makes me wonder is what folks think Trump may be speaking about.
Well, let's see. At the direction of Putin, Russia flagrantly interfered in our election process (including its illegal hack of multiple Democratic email accounts), Trump repeatedly has denied Russia was responsible, despite the essentially unanimous assessment of every major intelligence/investigative agency in America, and immediately (as in, before he was even inaugurated) worked to repeal the very sanctions Russia has long despised.

Perhaps "folks" worry that our President is compromised by the leader of a hostile foreign government and that he is pursuing an anti-American agenda to the benefit of a long time adversary? That, perhaps, in return for an election win and over a decade's worth of financial backing, Trump is pursuing goals which align to Russia's advantage, rather than America's.

Now, let me ask you. Were you REALLY incapable of deducing that on your own? If so, perhaps you ought to pursue a different hobby.

It is called deflection. When you have nothing to say that would make Trump look good, just point to two people, Obama or Hillary. It may not work with people who have a working brain, but it satisfies the Trump cultists.

That's because whenever people talk about some "bad thing" that Trump has supposedly done, there is a much worse "bad thing" that Obama has actually done.

Can't help but compare them...especially with Trump rolling back all that bad stuff that Obama did.

That is a load of crap. Obama will be seen as one of the best president's we have had. None of his people are slated for jail any time soon which can not be said about Trump's people. Only you Trump cultists continue to think that Trump is pure as the driven snow while Hillary and Obama are guilty of every thing including being secret Muslims and not being born in this country. The only thing you are doing by pointing toward Obama is not because he has done anything wrong, but to deflect from all the wrong that trump and his cronies have pulled including conspiring with the Russian. Why else would Trump the commie lover keep his meeting secret.

I wold be more interested why Trump has been such a whimp when it comes to Putin. Not Russia, but Putin. The last time they met and had a press conference, Trump sat there looking like a whipped puppy and even the con commentators on Fox said so. I understand why you Trump cultists always point to Obama when something comes up about Trum, it is called deflection. Don't look at what Trump is doing, look that a way, or that a a way. We can always depend on you using either Obama or Hillary as deflection targets as your fellow Trump cultists are always happy when you do.

I wold be more interested why Trump has been such a whimp when it comes to Putin. Not Russia, but Putin. The last time they met and had a press conference, Trump sat there looking like a whipped puppy and even the con commentators on Fox said so. I understand why you Trump cultists always point to Obama when something comes up about Trum, it is called deflection. Don't look at what Trump is doing, look that a way, or that a a way. We can always depend on you using either Obama or Hillary as deflection targets as your fellow Trump cultists are always happy when you do.

There is plenty I do not like about Trump, just goes to show if someone does not follow along like a lemming he/she is insulted.

As to your deflection comments another childish attempt to non-respond to COMPARISONS not deflections. Trump indeed did do a poor job at the press conference. Is that more or less important than the comments of Obama when he thought the mikes were off. Where he essentially said I am deceiving the American public. After the election we can do things differently.

The whole subject of Russia/trump is a last futile attempt to revive this farce called Russian collusion. Trump may have legal problems but they will not be about Russia but real estate deals. Something I said had to be there prior to the 2016 elections. Always and still wonder why the Clinton campaign did not go that route in Sept/Oct.

Is this unusual? Do we have access to every other presidents private conversations with world leaders?

Your fantasy is creepy.

Your fantasy is creepy.

No fantasy, just sarcasm. Having fun with those who wholeheartedly believe the Steele report regarding Trump water sports.

Forgot the audience. Need to keep things at readers digest reading level.

Is this unusual? Do we have access to every other presidents private conversations with world leaders?

What exactly did Obama promise Russia when he assured Putin he'd have "flexibility" after he just assumed he'd be elected again?

Back
Top Bottom