• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Sheriff Candidate Tracy Murphree Calls for Violence Against Transgenders

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Tracy Murphree, the GOP candidate for Denton County sheriff, posted on Facebook that he’d beat the hell out of a transgender person who tried to piss in a bathroom where Murphree’s daughter was peeing.

“This whole bathroom thing is craziness I have never seen,” Murphree wrote in an April 22 Facebook post. “All I can say is this: If my little girl is in a public women’s restroom and a man, regardless of how he may identify, goes into the bathroom, he will then identify as a John Doe until he wakes up in whatever hospital he may be taken to. Your identity does not trump my little girl's safety. I identify as an overprotective father that loves his kids and would do anything to protect them”
It’s a feeling that many people seem to share. The Republican’s post garnered more than 500 Facebook "likes" since he posted it earlier in the day and had more than a 100 comments as people gave him the thumbs up.
“#truth We NEVER allow Blake to go to a public restroom alone,” one woman wrote. “So when it is just Blake and I are out together if the place doesn't have a family restroom he goes into the women's with me. Other mothers understand, and it has never been an issue.”

Denton County GOP Sheriff Candidate Calls for Violence Against Transgender People Needing to Pee | Dallas Observer

Amazingly this dickwad will probably get elected.

Protecting your daughters from perverts is bad?

Could you possibly be more ignorant of the facts?

Tell me oh misinformed one? How many attacks have happened from transgenders in bathrooms?

It's a big fat zero.

The only real solution is that you are going to need a third restroom that is used by a single person of either sex. Many businesses already have these and are marked as Family restrooms often used by those with small child.

I just think some common sense is needed. I think the sheriff didn't used the right language for someone in his power but I do understand some of what he is thinking.

The only real solution is that you are going to need a third restroom that is used by a single person of either sex. Many businesses already have these and are marked as Family restrooms often used by those with small child.

I just think some common sense is needed. I think the sheriff didn't used the right language for someone in his power but I do understand some of what he is thinking.

Really? Which part?

I think if we're really worried about our children, we should ban Catholics, (at least priests,) from using public restrooms. They have assaulted more children that tranny's.

In fact, when has a tranny, assaulting children, ever been an issue before?

I get that it makes some people uncomfortable. But I guess that's the price to be paid for ignorance. Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid.

If it ever happened, he is on record for a massive lawsuit.

I hope it never does. But these cracker sheriffs aren't the brightest.

Protecting your daughters from perverts is bad?

Just how is he going to do that? He must not be much of a Texan- there is an old saying- closing the barn door after the horse has left... no he is just being a redneck- not good father.

I doubt he or his daughter will know a TG used the restroom. but how does he 'protect' her??? He strip down every female in the bathroom before his daughter enters and then does a panty search of everyone wanting in that bathroom when his daughter is in there?

I'd opine that if his daughter sees the junk of anyone using a stall in a female bathroom SHE is the one being pervert.

But then again she probably has snapchatted her junk to half the boys in her middle school...

I mean, if we are going to just make up ****.... :peace

What gets me is the US crows to the world about human rights, yet allows open discrimination.
I can understand the time it took for SSM to be approved. But rights and benefits for SSM couples should have been law.
What I cannot understand how States make laws that allows discrimination against Gays, where they have no recourse under the law. No protection under the law due to their sexual orientation.

True enough, they believe they make the law, not enforce it.

I support Trans-rights but I think people have been shockingly inconsiderate of the culture shock that millions of Americans probably feel towards these kinds of situations. Its totally unrealistic to expect people to just overnight accept this sort of thing, especially for people for whom this is so far outside any point of social, personal, or cultural reference.

So illegal beating are OK with you?

They're understandable.

I try not to be judgmental of the minor faults of others.

What gets me is the US crows to the world about human rights, yet allows open discrimination.
I can understand the time it took for SSM to be approved. But rights and benefits for SSM couples should have been law.
What I cannot understand how States make laws that allows discrimination against Gays, where they have no recourse under the law. No protection under the law due to their sexual orientation.

1. To be fair we beat a whole host of Western countries to the punch, including several major ones like Germany and Italy.

2. They have the ability to sue an alleged breach of the EPC of the 14th Amendment.

1. To be fair we beat a whole host of Western countries to the punch, including several major ones like Germany and Italy.

2. They have the ability to sue an alleged breach of the EPC of the 14th Amendment.
Not at the State levels.

I support Trans-rights but I think people have been shockingly inconsiderate of the culture shock that millions of Americans probably feel towards these kinds of situations. Its totally unrealistic to expect people to just overnight accept this sort of thing, especially for people for whom this is so far outside any point of social, personal, or cultural reference.

This ****ing cracker just wants to act like he's tough. He's not. He's just a ****ing knuckle dragger.

This ****ing cracker just wants to act like he's tough. He's not. He's just a ****ing knuckle dragger.

Why the racist language Top Cat? If this sheriff were black would be you dropping the N-bomb on him? Please control your liberal bigotry particularly when supposedly attacking bigotry. It makes you look like a hypocrite and a fool.

Many States have laws that do not list sexual orientation as protected from discrimination.

Which doesn't matter because you can sue in federal court. That being said the Supreme Court has not yet held sexual orientation as being a suspect class and therefore not entitled to intermediate scrutiny. But that hasn't stopped the Supreme Court from invalidating numerous state statutes that discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation including, most famously, Windsor.

I think you just misunderstand how the 14th Amendment works and what you can sue over.

Which doesn't matter because you can sue in federal court. That being said the Supreme Court has not yet held sexual orientation as being a suspect class and therefore not entitled to intermediate scrutiny. But that hasn't stopped the Supreme Court from invalidating numerous state statutes that discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation including, most famously, Windsor.

I think you just misunderstand how the 14th Amendment works and what you can sue over.

Could very well be, thank you for your patience. US laws, State- Fed can be very confusing.

Why the racist language Top Cat? If this sheriff were black would be you dropping the N-bomb on him? Please control your liberal bigotry particularly when supposedly attacking bigotry. It makes you look like a hypocrite and a fool.

Oh please. I consider cracker to be a term that aptly describes ill-educated, bible thumping slobbering morons that are afraid of anything that isn't just like them.

Really? Which part?

If you had a young daughter around 10 years old and you waited while she went to use the public restroom. While waiting you see a man enter that same restroom what is your initial response?

I am sorry but if he said I just feel like a woman it is not going to cut it with me. Am not trying to be an arsehole but I am going to tell him he will wait to my daughter comes out first.

Maybe I am an arsehole, wouldn't be the first time.

Back
Top Bottom