• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP senators condemn Michael Steele's Afghanistan comment

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Senators say Steele on hot seat as GOP chairman - Yahoo! News

Asked whether Steele should quit, Graham said, "It's up to him to see if he can lead the Republican Party. It couldn't have come at a worst time."

At the fundraiser, Steele said, "This was a war of Obama's choosing. This is not something the United States has actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in.

"If he's such a student of history, has he not understood that, you know, that's the one thing you don't do is engage in a land war in Afghanistan? All right? Because everyone who's tried, over a thousand years of history, has failed," Steele said. "And there are reasons for that. There are other ways to engage in Afghanistan."

Where was Michael Steele in 2001?

I'm dumbfounded by his statement. If he had learned to shut his mouth, he would've been a great candidate for '12. He was a lot more liberal on social issues than the B-thumpers of his party.

Wave bye-bye to the political career of Steele.

As much as I admire Michael Steele for his accomplishments, he went off the deep end on this one. I am not a member of the Republican Party so it isn't any of my business, but the Republicans should make every effort to jettison him ASAP...

Actually, Afghanistan is Bush's war, and I am damn glad he declared it. THOSE are the guys who hit us on 911, and we should finish the job, holding them out as an example to the world of what happens to a country that supports terrorist assholes who hit the United States.

As for Steele? He does for Republicans the same thing Biden does for Democrats. LOL.

Last edited:
Actually, Afghanistan is Bush's war, and I am damn glad he declared it. THOSE are the guys who hit us on 911, and we should finish the job, holding them out as an example to the world of what happens to a country that supports terrorist assholes who hit the United States.

As for Steele? He does for Republicans the same thing Biden does for Democrats. LOL.

Did they both perchance attend the same School or had the same History tutors?

Ugg, there's a really good republican out of Maryland and there's a not so good one.

You can imagine which of those two is Steele.

....Love the Gov!

Ugg, there's a really good republican out of Maryland and there's a not so good one.

You can imagine which of those two is Steele.

....Love the Gov!

Hey, at least it is not some one from NC this time...

This was a forced appointment to counteract Obama. I wasn't for it when it happened, and it's played out worse than I imagined. Look at Bush's cabinet compared to Clinton's. There was no need for Steele in this capacity because the real racial disparity is in the Democrat party, not the Republicans. The Democrats keep minorities sucking from their teet at all costs, while the Republicans are offering real and truthful policy to encourage and help them to help themselves without all the bullsh**.

This was a forced appointment to counteract Obama. I wasn't for it when it happened, and it's played out worse than I imagined. Look at Bush's cabinet compared to Clinton's. There was no need for Steele in this capacity because the real racial disparity is in the Democrat party, not the Republicans. The Democrats keep minorities sucking from their teet at all costs, while the Republicans are offering real and truthful policy to encourage and help them to help themselves without all the bullsh**.

What the heck are you talking about? Most minority groups favor the Democrats by a very healthy margin. How is that a racial disparity in thier party?

What was the context of the guy's remarks?
Something this off-the-wall must have some sort of context to make it make sense

Back
Top Bottom