• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP senator: Rep. King's white supremacy remarks hurt nation

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-c...ings-racial-remarks-hurt-republicans-60318939

Iowa Republican congressman Steve King says he's not a racist, but he faced intensifying criticism Friday over his remarks about white supremacy, including from a black GOP senator who said such comments are a blight on the nation and the party.

For the second time in two days, King insisted that he is an advocate for "Western civilization," not white supremacy or white nationalism. But he didn't deny remarks published a day earlier in The New York Times in which he was quoted saying: "White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?"
===========================================================
King's comments were celebrated in a Tweet from David Duke, formerly of the KKK. King himself said he looked forward to seeing future generations where everyone looked the same.

Sad to see the depths some in American politics have sunk to...How quickly some have forgotten the sacrifices the greatest generation fought to protect us from

Less than one month before the Nov. 6 election, President Donald Trump rallied his supporters here Tuesday night, imploring them to vote for Iowa Republican political leaders who will support his agenda.

Speaking before a boisterous crowd of about 10,000 at the Mid-America Center, Trump gave special shout-outs to Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds and U.S. Rep. David Young, R-Van Meter, inviting both onto the stage to speak. He also praised U.S. Reps. Rod Blum, R-Dubuque, and Steve King, R-Kiron, and urged votes for all of them.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ethanol-republican-vote-candidate/1563979002/

Steve King is one of Trump's very fine people.

Steve King is a racist. This is not news.

Steve King has been an embarrassment to the GOP since he was elected to the US House of Representatives. He is not and should not be used as a comparison to the rest of the GOP, as Senator Tim Scott said today...

Steve King has been an embarrassment to the GOP since he was elected to the US House of Representatives. He is not and should not be used as a comparison to the rest of the GOP, as Senator Tim Scott said today...
Really? Because it seems like the Republican Party has been rather mum overall on his racist leanings and actively support a President who has chosen to shut down the government to appease people just like Steve King.

While I WISH he was an outlier to the Republican Party, unfortunately he is not.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-c...ings-racial-remarks-hurt-republicans-60318939

Iowa Republican congressman Steve King says he's not a racist, but he faced intensifying criticism Friday over his remarks about white supremacy, including from a black GOP senator who said such comments are a blight on the nation and the party.

For the second time in two days, King insisted that he is an advocate for "Western civilization," not white supremacy or white nationalism. But he didn't deny remarks published a day earlier in The New York Times in which he was quoted saying: "White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?"
===========================================================
King's comments were celebrated in a Tweet from David Duke, formerly of the KKK. King himself said he looked forward to seeing future generations where everyone looked the same.

Another ****ing melt-down over a few seconds of one guy speaking.....

We used to be more robust.

Putin loves the republican shutdown hurting and endangering the USA, along with our complete impotence overseas. McConnell is the ultimate traitor.

Really? Because it seems like the Republican Party has been rather mum overall on his racist leanings and actively support a President who has chosen to shut down the government to appease people just like Steve King.

While I WISH he was an outlier to the Republican Party, unfortunately he is not.

Think what you wish. There are racists in both parties, and neither party is a racist party.

Think what you wish. There are racists in both parties, and neither party is a racist party.
not republicans.jpg
anyone else able to tell how the congress critters walking down those steps are not republicans

There are Democrats touting White Supriemiscts?...Where?...Who?

There are Democrats that make racist statements and want to reinstate segregation, as just two examples. Your question is childish and insulting, although I presume that was the point.

There are Democrats that make racist statements and want to reinstate segregation, as just two examples. Your question is childish and insulting, although I presume that was the point.

There are???....Who , My childish mind wants to know...or are you just making stuff up...Like a Fairy Tale

Why do you keep pretending you're like us?

I do the opposite, I point I that I have never been a part of the herd, which is why my insights are so valuable.

Paying attention is always something worth trying.

This guy is 70 years old, he has lead a very public life especially for the last 20 years....anyone who is judging him on a few seconds of speaking alone is an idiot.....they are also inhumane.

Open your eyes and your ears. Your mind should follow on its own.

I'll help you...you seem confused....History shows indeed some (mostly the South) Democrats did push avert racism....Most of those Democrats became Republicans.....

I'll help you...you seem confused....History shows indeed some (mostly the South) Democrats did push avert racism....Most of those Democrats became Republicans.....

I'm not the one that needs help understanding, but thank you anyway.

Lol, is this one of the non-racist white pride advocates I keep hearing about? He's not waving a Nazi flag, or wearing KKK inspired clothing. What could possibly be wrong with what he has to say?

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

This guy is 70 years old, he has lead a very public life especially for the last 20 years....anyone who is judging him on a few seconds of speaking alone is an idiot.....they are also inhumane.

Maya Angelou (of course, since she is black, king will not be acquainted with her writing):
When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

steve king [emphasis added for the reading impaired]:
White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?

let's try another; Georgia Gov. clifford walker at a 1924 Ku Klux Klan rally:
I would build a wall of steel, a wall as high as heaven, against the admission of a single one of those southern Europeans who never thought the thoughts or spoke the language of a democracy in their lives.

hawkeye, what better way to evaluate the character of someone than to examine the words they speak
steve king has told us who he is; we should believe him the first time

Maya Angelou (of course, since she is black, king will not be acquainted with her writing):

hawkeye, what better way to evaluate the character of someone than to examine the words they speak
Because when the Better People size up a man they measure the whole man, not just a dozen or so words he said when he was 69.

Oh bubba. That's only for Democrats who no matter how long agochanged their ways or died... Can always be kkk members, and slave owners ... slave owners which racists will literally defend by running over unsuspecting protesters in NC, or shoot entire synagogues and churches over.

I agree, these folks are senseless.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom