• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Security Advisers: No Trump

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
This will leave a mark.

Fifty of the nation’s most senior Republican national security officials, many of them former top aides or cabinet members for President George W. Bush, have signed a letter declaring that Donald J. Trump “lacks the character, values and experience” to be president and “would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.”

Mr. Trump, the officials warn, “would be the most reckless president in American history.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html?_r=0

The librarian candidate's brother's advisors don't like that they threw away 100 million and all they got was this lovely t-shirt.

31svZh9HjrL._SY445_.jpg

The librarian candidate's brother's advisors don't like that they threw away 100 million and all they got was this lovely t-shirt.

31svZh9HjrL._SY445_.jpg

You honestly think they'd release something like this if Rubio or Cruz had won the primary? How many republicans have to openly admit that Trump isn't capable before it's obvious to everyone?

This will leave a mark.
Faint praise, indeed!

“He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood,” the letter says. “He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior. All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be president and commander in chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal.”

Would these be the same (excellent character, values and experience) GOP security advisors that got us into a multi-trillion dollar, decades long, military and nation building fiasco in the ME and SW Asia?

The NY Times seems to be quite selective in when these folks make wise, correct and brilliant recommendations. ;)

This will leave a mark.

Not with his supporters, but hopefully with anyone in the vicinity of centrist independence who isn't (somehow) convinced already.

Trump supporters are well trained to defeat those obstacles thrown up by reality.

Would these be the same (excellent character, values and experience) GOP security advisors that got us into a multi-trillion dollar, decades long, military and nation building fiasco in the ME and SW Asia?

The NY Times seems to be quite selective in when these folks make wise, correct and brilliant recommendations. ;)

GOP advisors...so, you get what you get. But, I'll say this. Michael Chertoff is no slouch. Neither is Tom Ridge.

Of course, you can be like the Green Party sillies who argue about vaccines and choose security advisors more to your liking. Perhaps someone who holds Ivanka's handbag while she slips on different shoes. Or maybe the guy who keeps an eye on the back of Donald's head while he eats, ensuring that combover stays out of the way, so he doesn't choke on that thing.

Why would anybody listen to a bunch of GOP Elites?

Yeah, why listen to anyone who actually knows what they are talking about? :roll:

All of this hot-shot big-wig nonsense. I'd trust Ivanka's expertise over "trained and qualified professionals".

Not with his supporters, but hopefully with anyone in the vicinity of centrist independence who isn't (somehow) convinced already.

Trump supporters are well trained to defeat those obstacles thrown up by reality.

that is beautifully said...mind if I use it?

Diving Mullah

I'm beginning to hope he does lose for the sake of you anti-Trumoers!

You are all too emotionally invested in his loss, and have nowhere to go other than down into a complete mental breakdown! LOL!

Yeah, why listen to anyone who actually knows what they are talking about? :roll:

More likely that you agree with them if, and only if, they happen to agree with you. ;)

Of all the weird and mindless devotion to Trump by his supporters, the weirdest to me is many of his supporters are the same people who's head exploded when Romney was the GOP nom in 2012. They went on and on how a Northeast Moderate should in NO WAY be the GOP Nom. They said the GOP needed to nominate someone who was more conservative. They swore up and down the reason Romney lost in 2012 was because he was a Northeast Moderate.

So in 2016 many of these same people are now supporting a NEW YORK CITY moderate, hell a NYC liberal. lol

You can't make this stuff up.

People who know what they are talking about, but who don't mind spinning their opinion based on their dislike of the candidate.

Look...these guys are like Hillary, Obama, Ryan and the rest. Whatever they say, their motivation is based on their hatred of Trump. In my mind, that makes everything they say useless. They are not honest.

People who know what they are talking about, but who don't mind spinning their opinion based on their dislike of the candidate.

Look...these guys are like Hillary, Obama, Ryan and the rest. Whatever they say, their motivation is based on their hatred of Trump. In my mind, that makes everything they say useless. They are not honest.

Unless, just maybe, Trump is a really-really bad candidate. Nah, it couldn't possibly be that. :roll:

“would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.”

They say this **** about Trump, yet it was Hillary who used an unsecured server to handle classified emails and is also the one advocating the continuation (and increasing) of Obama's Open Borders and "Refugee" resettlement programs.

Idiots.

Unless, just maybe, Trump is a really-really bad candidate. Nah, it couldn't possibly be that. :roll:

If he is, it won't be because some political Elite says so.

If he is, it won't be because some political Elite says so.

Right, because experts in national security have absolutely no idea about security. Better to ask some uneducated moron who falls for Trump's latest slogan of the day.

Right, because experts in national security have absolutely no idea about security. Better to ask some uneducated moron who falls for Trump's latest slogan of the day.

So...you say the same thing some other guy says...and who I've already answered. Are you expecting a special, different answer just because YOU say it?

So...you say the same thing some other guy says...and who I've already answered. Are you expecting a special, different answer just because YOU say it?

Let me ask. When you have a toothache, do you go to Starbucks and ask a barista to look at it?

Let me ask. When you have a toothache, do you go to Starbucks and ask a barista to look at it?

Ummm...

I don't get the connection.

In any case, I don't go to Starbucks for anything.

Yes, they're also the same people who the left has berated as idiots ad nauseam, for years. Now they've come out against Trump, and suddenly they're geniuses. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom