• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP scrambles to figure out what Trump legal drama means ...

Razoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

'House of Trump is crumbling': why ex-president's legal net
https://www.theguardian.com › donald-trump-legal-perils
Jan 22, 2022 — Some Trumpland observers are convinced that he is in serious legal trouble as New York's AG investigation of Trump Organization's finances ...

Donald Trump's Legal Troubles: A Guide - Rolling Stone

https://www.rollingstone.com › politics › politics-features
Aug 27, 2021 — Donald Trump is no stranger to legal trouble, but it's never been ... be facing now that he's the subject of an array of serious criminal ...

Donald Trump's empire is in serious trouble. This time, he ...

https://www.usatoday.com › opinion › 2022/01/21 › do...
Jan 21, 2022 — The investigation is civil in nature, meaning that no prison time is possible, butenormous amounts of money are at stake. If successful, a ...

Trump Putting U.S. in 'Really Big Trouble,' Says His Ex ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Vladimir Putin
Oct 14, 2021 — Although Trump lost the November 2020 presidential election to President Joe Biden, he remains the de-facto leader of the Republican Party.
Melania Trump Could Be In Big Trouble Over This Donald ...
https://www.thelist.com › melania-trump-could-be-in-bi...
Dec 9, 2021 — Now, the former first lady is being implicated in this scandal (per The Washington Post). The writer of the column, Greg Sargent, penned that ...

GOP scrambles to figure out what Trump legal drama means ...
https://thehill.com › homenews › senate › 594430-gop-...
3 days ago — ... to figure out how former President Trump's mounting legal troubles ... TrumpOrganization and the former president are in big trouble.

For the last five years, every shocking headline was about Trump's empire crumbling, or he was about to be imprisoned.

For the last five years, every shocking headline was about Trump's empire crumbling, or he was about to be imprisoned.
You're right. Therefore I refuse to get my hopes up until someone - anyone - announces an indictment with Donald Trump's name on it has been issued. It's been over a year since he left office. How many more years do we get to listen to the unabashed giddiness of left wing pundits about how "things are really looking really bad for Trump these days"?

Put up or shut up already.

You're right. Therefore I refuse to get my hopes up until someone - anyone - announces an indictment with Donald Trump's name on it has been issued. It's been over a year since he left office. How many more years do we get to listen to the unabashed giddiness of left wing pundits about how "things are really looking really bad for Trump these days"?

How are things looking really good for Trump?

He leads all polling for 2024. Liberals are showing their fascist skirts. Hillary is about to get roasted by Durham.

Democrats are going to get rolled in the mid-terms. Hillary's Big Lie is unraveling.

Democrat run cities are crime-ridden Third World shantytowns. Things have never looked better for Trump.

He leads all polling for 2024. Liberals are showing their fascist skirts. Hillary is about to get roasted by Durham.

Democrats are going to get rolled in the mid-terms. Hillary's Big Lie is unraveling.

Democrat run cities are crime-ridden Third World shantytowns. Things have never looked better for Trump.
Best thing to happen for Democrats is Trump running in 2024.....but it will never happen.

People who are not completely up his wazoo should be learning quite a bit about the criminal tendencies of your hero.

Has he missed a meal? Has he worn handcuffs? Has he done the perp walk? Has he been sworn to testify truthfully? Things are looking fine for Trump. Let me know when something changes.

Best thing to happen for Democrats is Trump running in 2024....

Is that why Democrats are in a fever to disqualify him from running?

.but it will never happen.

One never knows.

People who are not completely up his wazoo should be learning quite a bit about the criminal tendencies of your hero.

"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime"

Is that why Democrats are in a fever to disqualify him from running?

Criminal convictions or even a term of imprisonment, do not disqualify anyone from running.

It's one of the things I like best about the US. You can run for office from a prison cell!

Criminal convictions or even a term of imprisonment, do not disqualify anyone from running.

It's one of the things I like best about the US. You can run for office from a prison cell!
Yep. If you’re in prison you can’t vote, but you can still be President of the United States.

Merica.

Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime.

The wheels of justice move slowly.

Depositions and discovery will take some time.

A state judge has ordered Donald Trump, his son Donald Trump Jr. and his daughter Ivanka Trump to sit for depositions within three weeks in New York Attorney General Letitia James’ ongoing investigation of alleged financial improprieties at the Trump Organization.

this one will take even longer

A federal judge suggested Friday that former President Donald Trump had some responsibility for the January 6 attack on the Capitol and that rioters were pawns provoked into action.

Yep. If you’re in prison you can’t vote, but you can still be President of the United States.

Merica.

It would be pretty cool. We'd find out whether self-pardons are valid or not.

In 2012, Democratic primary voters in West Virginia showed just what they thought of President Obama:

Not only was Judd in prison, he wasn't even "resident" in WV!

The day that something changes in the saga of Mr. Donald Trump vs. the courts will be the day his loyal fans and the Republican Party stop contributing to his legal defense and his attorney slush fund runs dry.

Until then, it will continue to be the same old, same old stall tactic scene.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

LMAO... The fantasies of those on the right never end....

LMAO... The fantasies of those on the right never end....

The indictment, returned by a grand jury last week, accuses Michael Sussmann, a former attorney from law firm Perkins Coie, of falsely telling the FBI's top lawyer he was not representing any clients when acting on behalf of a technology executive and the Clinton campaign during a Sept. 2016 meeting in which he shared a tip about a secret electronic channel between former President Donald Trump's company and Russia's Alfa bank.

The FBI trying to bully its way past attorney/client privilege, doesn't sound all that strong to me.

You watch FOX huh?

The wheels of justice move slowly.

Depositions and discovery will take some time.

A state judge has ordered Donald Trump, his son Donald Trump Jr. and his daughter Ivanka Trump to sit for depositions within three weeks in New York Attorney General Letitia James’ ongoing investigation of alleged financial improprieties at the Trump Organization.

this one will take even longer

A federal judge suggested Friday that former President Donald Trump had some responsibility for the January 6 attack on the Capitol and that rioters were pawns provoked into action.
Yeah, I know. Therefore we can expect a resolution within the next decade or two. Maybe.

Durham is a propaganda device ........... and Trump is not leading all polls. The GOP wants him gone .......

Durham is a propaganda device ........... and Trump is not leading all polls. The GOP wants him gone .......

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell has shrugged off concerns over former President Donald Trump's potentially outsized influence on the upcoming midterm elections.

The longtime Kentucky lawmaker vowed to keep 'goofballs' out of Republican Party politics as the face-off between establishment Republicans and the pro-Trump GOP prepares to come to a head in less than nine months.

He's also proactively been working to recruit and bolster popular middle-of-the-road Republicans to beef up his caucus -- though to mixed results.

Trump seems to be leading in the polls as far as the republican primary goes. If he runs, it's his. But I haven't seen one that has him winning in the general - no matter who he runs against. Last month I saw a focus group made up of Trump/Biden voters. They were super critical of Biden, but out of the twelve of them, only one said she'd vote for Trump over Biden if they ran against each other in 24.

I personally don't want Trump to run because I'm not willing to take that chance. In the 2016 primary I played with the idea of voting for Trump thinking that there was no way he could win in the general. Learned not to overestimate the intelligence of the American voter.

Yeah, I know. Therefore we can expect a resolution within the next decade or two. Maybe.
I often hear Trumps say that there will be a revolution, but WHY? Is it because if they do not win they have to revolt? If they do not win they will say they were cheated? even where they do win they take steps similar to what Putin has done to insure by law that they can not be beaten by eliminating the voters for the other side and tell their stupid followers it is just voter security? So in the end it is we win or we revolt?

You chew your toenails?
Ah, you answered with a question. So, if I do chew my toenails then you watch FOX, if I don't, then you do not?

Back
Top Bottom